1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

uhhhhh..... here we go again... problem with world builder

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by SHaW1986, Jun 20, 2012.

1. SHaW1986

SHaW1986 Prince

alright this isnt the first time ive had problems with worldbuilder, but its the latest... ill click on it, i can get the menu up where it asks what sdk program i want to use and ill hit worldbuilder, it will go into the loading screen and just stay like that indefinitely, waiting for this to be fixed so i can play on my TSL maps with new G&K Civs and resources...

2. SHaW1986

SHaW1986 Prince

really? noone else having problems with worldbuilder post patch/G&K? really i started this thread to get the game developers attention so if you are having problems with the SDK, lets blow this thread up.

3. Qinshihuang

Qinshihuang Chieftain

My SdK world builder loads just find. My problem is I can't play the created scenario via the map in game. The map will load and you can play on the map, but the scenario does not play as set up, i.e. no civs, city-states, or cities set up as in the world builder.

Thoughts?

4. Oregano

Oregano Freelance illustrator

I've had the hanging load screen issue. I can usually get it to load after a couple of tries.

The real problem appears once I'm in and go to "paint" landscape -- all of the terrain types are repeated three times, and if I click on the wrong one it just paints black hexes. Then it hangs on shut down as well.

~S

5. Qinshihuang

Qinshihuang Chieftain

I built my map into a scenario and it hangs up while loading into the game from the MODS section.

6. SHaW1986

SHaW1986 Prince

just noticed this problem on a map i created earlier, thinking it has something to do with the sdk update that came with the game patch

7. tmarcl

tmarcl Prince

I was having the same problems myself. Check your hard drive and see how full it is. Mine was almost completely full, but after uninstalling a few things, I was able to load the world builder.

Marc

8. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

You need to access the map via the Mod menu, just press MODS, go SINGLE PLAYER, instead of going into Advanced Setup, click on Maps, look for the ame of your map, and check "Load Scneario".

9. SHaW1986

SHaW1986 Prince

Ive emptied about half of my hard drive and it still wont work

10. bwoww78

bwoww78 Warlord

I just used world builder for the first time post patch to edit a new scenario and now my game wont even start from the load up screen. I get a ctd even after verifying all files via steam (tested this twice with same results).

I blame the patch and/or sdk (WB) update. Soooo frustrating/disappointing!

11. SHaW1986

SHaW1986 Prince

im blaming the sdk update, the problem i have is ill open the world builder and it will go the loading screen and flash (i think this is the "load map" window) and it will just sit at the loading screen forever and ever.

12. bwoww78

bwoww78 Warlord

I'm up and running again after a complete reinstall via steam. I still don't know the issue but if i had to guess its the the patch needed to be installed for both the game and sdk (worldbuilder).

13. tmarcl

tmarcl Prince

Yeah, I have had that happen to me as well. I had hoped that was the solution. It still requires several tries for me. I've also tried changing the priority in Task Manager to "High," but that doesn't always work, either.

Unfortunately, the best answer seems to be, keep trying until you've either gotten it loaded, or until you've punted your computer through the nearest wall.

14. Artingel78

Artingel78 Elephant Commander

How to turn on the World Builder?