UI modifications (suggestions and discussion)

I didn't know that. Thanks...

Is there a way to make groups of cities? I mean, I don't want to select all cities but subset of them. In my game there are some old (and big) and new (and small) cities. I want to add some buildings only to the building queues of old cities. If I can make goups of cities, I can assign the same product to all cities in this set. If it doesn't exist, it would be nice to have...

You can shift select a city bar to add or remove a city from a selected group of cities.

I think that Shift-<number> and Ctrl-<number> allow you to save and load building lists in games. Try that out.
Thanks for the advice. I am using this in my games. But this is not exactly what I am using.

You can shift select a city bar to add or remove a city from a selected group of cities.
Thanks... What I want is to group cities as it can be done with building queues by using <SHIFT>-number <ctrl>-number.

Exactly. That's what this allows you. It doesn't allow you to save city groups but it does allow you to group them as you wish to.

I am still in favor of having an option which allows to make subsets of cities but anyway...

I have one more thing I didn't understand how it works in domestic advisor screen. I am not really sure if it is a bug or not. When I add Religion (ID:69) as a column, it just shows numbers for each city. What are these numbers for? I want something which shows the current religions at each city. Is it possible to see them in the domestic advisor screen?

Could it be possible to create a Sentry until invisible foreign unit spotted?

I have a set of dogs that keep barking (i.e. waking up) at some polar bears on a single tile island 3-4 tiles away.

I am still in favor of having an option which allows to make subsets of cities but anyway...

I have one more thing I didn't understand how it works in domestic advisor screen. I am not really sure if it is a bug or not. When I add Religion (ID:69) as a column, it just shows numbers for each city. What are these numbers for? I want something which shows the current religions at each city. Is it possible to see them in the domestic advisor screen?
I suppose you didn't get an answer because nobody knows the answer. Those screens are beyond me to work with.

Could it be possible to create a Sentry until invisible foreign unit spotted?

I have a set of dogs that keep barking (i.e. waking up) at some polar bears on a single tile island 3-4 tiles away.
Yeah, that does get frustrating doesn't it? I'll have to do something with that eventually.

Sorry that I missed this original post.

It should display the icons. It does on my screen.

Check that you have not selected that id. twice on the same screen. That will stop it displaying (except for the heading). The numbers are for the previous entry - which has lost its heading.

I have looked at adding the auto built Civic buildings to the Civics screen, unfortunately this is one of those screens where all the work is done in the dll and the Python just gets a string which it then makes fit in the display area. It appears to use call szHelpText = CyGameTextMgr().parseCivicInfo(iCivic, False, True, True) to get the text.

Currently the buildings that become active and are deactivated by the Civic are displayed last. I suggest that the changes be made in the dll to the loop that finds those buildings to also find the civic auto builds and add them to a line at the end of the current string. The current Python should be able to handle the longer string without problems.

I have looked at adding the auto built Civic buildings to the Civics screen, unfortunately this is one of those screens where all the work is done in the dll and the Python just gets a string which it then makes fit in the display area. It appears to use call szHelpText = CyGameTextMgr().parseCivicInfo(iCivic, False, True, True) to get the text.

Currently the buildings that become active and are deactivated by the Civic are displayed last. I suggest that the changes be made in the dll to the loop that finds those buildings to also find the civic auto builds and add them to a line at the end of the current string. The current Python should be able to handle the longer string without problems.
I think im following you but can you give a visual example somehow?

Everything in the area "circled" in red is provided by the dll. The last line is about buildings the Civic allows or disables. Another line with the auto built buildings would be good. If it shows the ones that will be built and those it will remove that would be even better.

Attachments

• civics image.jpg
    civics image.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 128
Everything in the area "circled" in red is provided by the dll. The last line is about buildings the Civic allows or disables. Another line with the auto built buildings would be good. If it shows the ones that will be built and those it will remove that would be even better.
Ok. Should be easy enough but I've gotta come up with a way to keep from forgetting all the little side tasks you have for me. Now, from the original post, are you saying you are going to be able to give us something more detailed than just the name of the building? The point is to be able to see what these buildings DO as well, including what buildings the civics enable as well as auto builds.

The buildings are blue and have an underline which means if you click on them it brings up the pedia entry. It still leaves the civics screen there behind it.

The buildings are blue and have an underline which means if you click on them it brings up the pedia entry. It still leaves the civics screen there behind it.
Does that work for you? Hasn't worked for me for years. If you've got it working again then yeah, that would be sufficient.

I have gone over the Civic Screen code quickly last night. There are many places changes have been made and some of them are not fully consistent. For example we go through all the civics formatting the help and text up front so we can get the panel sizes right - although we forget to check that against the list of civics just in case the list is longer than the longest description; then we redo the formatting for the selected Civic as needed. It may be better if we only did the formatting once and stored it in memory for the duration of the Civic screen being available.

All these formatting changes are due to the size of C2C plus now we support many more screen sizes.

There is nothing in the Civics screen that should affect the links working. I assume they are the same format as displayed in text supplied to the pedia. There must be a missing linkage somewhere in the definitions that brings up the correct pedia page ie ours and not the BtS default which it would not find.

Redoing this screen is now on my to do list.

I have done some further investigation.
  1. RoM:AND 2 has the same problems.
  2. Removing the last change, the addition of the Strategy text, does not fix the problem
This sort of suggests it may be the original mod we got it from so I am going to hunt that out and see if it works next.

I think I have found the problem with the Civics screen now all I need to do is figure out how to fix it which doesn't look to hard and then test it. For some reason when they changed the layout of the screen they changed the way the text was communicated to the engine. Previously a bunch of text was sent and the engine formatted it whereas now the Python is doing the formatting and we are loosing the links to the pedia and lines are going over the edge of the box.

I think I have found the problem with the Civics screen now all I need to do is figure out how to fix it which doesn't look to hard and then test it. For some reason when they changed the layout of the screen they changed the way the text was communicated to the engine. Previously a bunch of text was sent and the engine formatted it whereas now the Python is doing the formatting and we are loosing the links to the pedia and lines are going over the edge of the box.
I agree with Toffer. That would be a very cool breakthrough if you have figured out how to repair that linkage!

Top Bottom