UI modifications (suggestions and discussion)

Save games are playing screwy now after I updated from SVN 10935 to latest SVN Update 10948. Anarchy from Civics is now taking 5242596 turns. Played 7 turns in anarchy which should have released me on the Game Speed and Difficulty from the Civic changes I made.

I can advance turns but can not get out of Anarchy. I have posted save game from being 7 turns into this extended anarchy and screenshots to show that it is maybe more than anarchy that is messed up.

Dang it wrong Thread! :mad:

Some time ago interface hotkeys used to stop working completely after using World Builder. I've reported this and you've fixed that.
Now A, S, D keys within city screen sometimes stop working for me after I use Alt+X (city dot planning). And I don't use World Builder.
Even more bizarre, sometimes A, S, D keys within city screen stop working for me without apparent reason. I've launched the game anew, sometimes after computer was restarted, I didn't load saved game. They just stop working. Only to start working again on their own accord later.
I suspect it might be due to pop up windows with game events, like volcano of good hunting season. It seems these windows grab focus, then fail to release it properly after I press "OK" or whatever. Only after I click on screen, select different units, it seems A, S and D start to work normally.

How can I display (or find out) latitude of the tile in game?
Either go to worldbuilder or have chipotle enabled in BTS INI and press shift over tiles.

@Toffer90 could implement feature, where latitude/longitude is always displayed when you over tiles or when you press one of keys.

Some time ago interface hotkeys used to stop working completely after using World Builder. I've reported this and you've fixed that.
Now A, S, D keys within city screen sometimes stop working for me after I use Alt+X (city dot planning). And I don't use World Builder.
Even more bizarre, sometimes A, S, D keys within city screen stop working for me without apparent reason. I've launched the game anew, sometimes after computer was restarted, I didn't load saved game. They just stop working. Only to start working again on their own accord later.
I suspect it might be due to pop up windows with game events, like volcano of good hunting season. It seems these windows grab focus, then fail to release it properly after I press "OK" or whatever. Only after I click on screen, select different units, it seems A, S and D start to work normally.
Strange stuff, I'll be on the lookout for this.

I can't find BTS.INI. Where it should be located? I have a Steam version.
Its in BTS folder - CivilizationIV ini or something like that (its shortcut, actual file is in folders in my documents)

Its in BTS folder - CivilizationIV ini or something like that (its shortcut, actual file is in folders in my documents)
I found c:\Users\...\Documents\My Games\beyond the sword\CivilizationIV.ini.
Now I can't find chipotle. Would you please write search string exactly?
Or should I just write
Code:
Chipotle = 1
in the bottom of the file?

I found c:\Users\...\Documents\My Games\beyond the sword\CivilizationIV.ini.
Now I can't find chipotle. Would you please write search string exactly?
Or should I just write
Code:
Chipotle = 1
in the bottom of the file?
It's what you put in the cheatcode section:

Cheatcode = chipotle

@Toffer90 ,

I think there is a missing Unit action button. There used to be 2-3 buttons for selecting units. The only one showing now is the one to select Every unit.

In the screenshot below to select both Trained Dogs I had to hold down shift and click on the 2nd one to group the 2 of them. Used to be a button to do this before, group same type unit.

Was it removed on purpose? Or is this perhaps a carry over from the latest SVN changes?:dunno:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0136.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0136.JPG
    499.5 KB · Views: 225
@Toffer90 ,

I think there is a missing Unit action button. There used to be 2-3 buttons for selecting units. The only one showing now is the one to select Every unit.

In the screenshot below to select both Trained Dogs I had to hold down shift and click on the 2nd one to group the 2 of them. Used to be a button to do this before, group same type unit.

Was it removed on purpose? Or is this perhaps a carry over from the latest SVN changes?:dunno:
I don't think that's a PPIO matter, probably something for the coders to take note of and look into. It's certainly wrong - I use the heck out of the group by type button.

I don't think that's a PPIO matter, probably something for the coders to take note of and look into. It's certainly wrong - I use the heck out of the group by type button.
Well I just had a strange one on this issue. Went to upgrade 4 horsemen to Mounted Infantry. clicked on the 1st one and the button to group all 4 was there! But it wasn't for the War dog upgrade. I think I'm gonna stop plying for the rest of the afternoon and just take a nap! :rolleyes: :shake::badcomp: :sleep:

@Toffer90 ,

Maybe I misunderstood your issue, but that's not a bug, you have already selected all the trained dogs in that stack so why should the button to select all trained dogs be there.

Anyhow it's not a PPIO thing as python only displays the buttons that the dll tells it to display there.

Maybe I misunderstood your issue, but that's not a bug, you have already selected all the trained dogs in that stack so why should the button to select all trained dogs be there.

Anyhow it's not a PPIO thing as python only displays the buttons that the dll tells it to display there.
The button was missing Before I selected the Trained dogs. The screenshot was taken after. That's were the confusion comes from. My Bad not to capture it before. And I had no idea why so I asked you.

Now that I know it's not a PPIO thing but a dll thing I won't ask you about such things anymore. K? :)

Top Bottom