1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate Wishlist for Civ6 Wonders

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Guandao, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

Well, I have some really strange idea that isn't really a wonder... It's called Porubský Oblouk (something like "The Arch of Poruba" in English. Search it in Czech though, since I didn't find anything about it in English). It would be interesting "wonder" to represent communism, instead of one certain medieval/renaissance fortress/cathedral. It was built by communists as a part of Poruba, which was planned district in Ostrava, which is/was the industrial heart of Czechoslovakia (I read that communists planned to move the entire population of Ostrava to Poruba and to extend the black coal mines under the old part of the city). Poruba was a monumental project, and Oblouk was built like a great monumental gate to the new part of the city, and even today, it remains the biggest building in Poruba. It could give something like housing + production, maybe a coal resource...
    Why did I propose that? Well... I go through it when I go to school :crazyeye:

2. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

I added all of those plus the Walls of Hattusa to the list. The links I put don't really have much info for the Altar of Artemis, Hadrian's Temple of Zeus, Mortuary Temple of Amenemhet III, and even for the Walls of Babylon.

3. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

I can try to supply you with some info in English. The altar is a bit obscure, but the rest should be posdible.
    Labyrinth: http://philipcoppens.com/hawara.html

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  4. IgorS

IgorS Your ad could be here!

5. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

6. Xandinho

Xandinho Warlord

More some suggestions:

Boudhanath
    Bodrum Castle
    Ch'angdokkgung
    Hanoi Opera House
    Library of Celsus
    Malacanang
    Monastery of the Cross
    Padmanabhaswamy Temple
    Pagoda of the Celestial Lady
    San Agustin Church in Manila

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  7. IgorS

I think this one must qualify as a wonder:
    Kew Gardens

8. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Some more infos on wonders I/classical writers proposed:

Hadrian's Temple in Cyzikos a very accessible, short and rather descriptive scientific article. It has no pictures of the remains, but those can be googled easily. Watch out for the huge capital.
    Egyptian Labyrinth / Mortuary Temple of Amenemhat III Way more mysterious and speculative than it should be... but I didn't find something better on the web.
    Horned Altar of Artemis at Delos this one is more tricky. It appears on a few of the wonder lists, but seems to belong into the realm of legends, at least to some extent. Apparently it was build by Apollo and consisted only of goat horns. I wasn't able to find a good (and freely accessible) reconstruction or description in English. So the excerpt from google books may have to be sufficient.
    Walls of Babylon Not an easy one as well. Herodotus put them 'on the map,' but I think it is a modern consensus that he didn't visit the city himself. So his description has to be taken with more salt than usual. The site I post here is neither exceptionally good nor reliable, but I didn't find much on those walls besides length and (very old) papers.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  9. Guandao

Ok, I added a bunch of potential wonders. You don't have to agree with most of my selections, I'll admit there are too many religious wonders (it's like I added every major Cathedral and Church in Europe). I finally hit the limit for Europe, so moved some down.
    Feel free to suggest more wonders, especially non-religious ones.

Xandinho likes this.
  10. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

I have another idea: Pilsner Urquell Brewery (Plzeň, Czech Republic)

11. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Nice work! What's up with the ***?

12. Guandao

The website is censoring the name of a temple because of its unfortunate similarity to an English curse word.

Siptah likes this.
  13. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Its alternate name is Shai-thaung Temple. This alternate name is safe for work in the Anglosphere. The Wikipedia link can be to Shai-thaung Temple (but since the name isn't used, it can be made as a redirect to the temple's other name).

Siptah and Guandao like this.
  14. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

@Guandao : use this link instead for Shai-thuang Temple: http://tinyurl.com/ybptlt6m (it links to the Wikipedia article in question)

This website even modifies words inside the URL.

15. Guandao

Thanks!

16. jozef57

jozef57 Chieftain

nice lists, good idears, since i miss a channel option how about suez canal and pana,a canal?

17. Guandao

With Angkor Wat confirmed as a New Wonder, I will remove it from the wishlist. :D

Xandinho likes this.
  18. Xandinho

Xandinho Warlord

I'm still sad that we did not have Borobudur included in this DLC. Although this one was only included in the second expansion of Civ5, we may see it again in an expansion if we are lucky.

Guandao likes this.
  19. IgorS

It's kind of weird. I mean, Borobudur was added in Civ V to accompany Indonesia, so it is strange they did not add it with Indonesia in VI.

Morningcalm, Guandao and Xandinho like this.
  20. seancolorado

seancolorado Chieftain

Borobudur, the world's largest Buddhist temple, would have been on my wishlist for Indonesia. Amazing site to visit.

But I would actually also like to see any Southeast Asian temples added that aren't the obvious choices

From ones in Laos (That Golden pagoda) to Myanmar (Schwedagon) to other parts of Indonesia such as on Java (Prambanan, the largest Hindu temple in Indonesia, pictured below)

Spoiler :

Kimiimaro and Guandao like this.