1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Um some reddit posts are saying ai is harder than we are led to believe.

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Larsenex, Oct 20, 2016.

1. King William I

King William I Prince

Sumeria/Prince/Continents/Standard speed

Surprise DoW from Brazil at t64, pretty large force of warriors and slingers. I had ignored my military and had to rush buy war carts to turn the tide.

And of course I've only seen one barb...

2. dirtrobot

dirtrobot Chieftain

King is making me sweat a little, more because I am constantly swatting barbarian horseman and mounted archers. I also constantly need to raid the barb settlements that pop up in explored territory and it's so hard to take out their scouts that found them... So I'm trying to gear up as japan with samurai to take out germany and yet another barb raid comes in. It feels fair, I haven't seen the AI do anything THAT dumb. They look stupid a lot of the times because they won't suicide attack, so they tend to float if they're under strength.

3. CenturianPrime

CenturianPrime Chieftain

Started my first civ vi game on deity marathon (i'm a masochist). Got DOWed on turn 8, lost the game on turn 15. Seems the ai is a little aggressive.

4. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

I've only played for 6 hours, but I find the ability of the AI is uneven. It sometimes plays effectively, fielding large armies and using them aggressively, and sometimes it does really dumb things.

It's about what you would expect for a newly released Civilization game. But certainly better than the Civ V AI when it was first released.

5. pietro1990

pietro1990 Prince

Ai is better but there is no diplomacy it just atacks randomly and the penalties for declaring war are pretty high wich results in everyone hating eachother.

6. DSveno

DSveno Chieftain

You're saying that because you don't understand the reason. Heck, I can even say Vox Populi's AI love to attack randomly without caring about diplomacy because that's been what I experienced when I first used the mod.

I can play CiV CP with minimal military and still win but that doesn't seem possible now when other civ just wait for a chance to jump at me if they see me neglecting military.

7. pietro1990

pietro1990 Prince

I am saying this because it hinx diplomacy is amazing at civ 6 but the warmogner penalty is way to high wich causes leaders to hate you for just declaring war once seems a little b it broken and ruins diplomacy

8. dirtrobot

dirtrobot Chieftain

There are civics and conditions that allow you to get around the warmonger accusation. You can always just irritate a civ with various means in the hopes of getting them to DoW first.

9. Myth and Legend

Myth and Legend Prince

I got plenty of hills at start as Gorgo and by turn 221 i've wiped out Kongo and am eating through the USA. A few things:

Gorgo's culture gain is insanely good.
    The AI seemed to stop upgrading its units which meant I farmed them with ease past taking Kongo's capital.
    The AI is often OK with accepting ATROCIOUS peace deals. Like 500 gold and 130 gpt, or giving up 5 cities at once (one with the Hanging Gardens in it!)

I snowballed so much off of the absurd peace deals with Kongo and Teddy that I doubt I can be stopped. Also, since the wonders have so many requirements, the AI can't build them all since it can't plan tiles and district placement, even on Deity.

However, note that this start is just me and Kongo/Teddy on a continent. Had there been more AI's i doubt it would have been as smooth.

10. Sobornost

Sobornost Chieftain

Yeah, from the perspective of a wait-and-see buyer, that to me sounds like a great success for launch-state AI. That it is looking even half-respectable out of the box is fine, they will have plenty of time to fine tune things at least a bit more over the coming months.