UN Resolutions with Real Names

Rufus T. Firefly

Rufus is coming in town!
As the title says, I had edited the resolutions in order to have real code names and title. Now they are:

• U.N. Resolution A/RES/3201 (S-VI) "Declaration on the Establishment of a New International Economic Order" (+1 Trade Route in All Cities)
  • U.N. Resolution A/RES/3281 (XXIX) "Charter of Economic Rights and Duties of States" (Trade Routes with All Foreign Cities)
  • U.N. Resolution A/RES/2373 (XXII) "Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons" (Cannot Build Nuclear Weapons)
  • U.N. Resolution A/RES/2200 A (XXI) "International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights" (Global Civic - Universal Suffrage)
  • U.N. Resolution A/RES/217 A (III) "Universal Declaration of Human Rights" (Global Civic - Free Speech)
  • U.N. Resolution A/RES/2106 A (XX) "International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination" (Global Civic - Emancipation)
  • "Kyoto Protocol to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change" (Global Civic - Environmentalism)
  • U.N. Resolution A/RES/36/55 "Declaration on the Elimination of All Forms of Intolerance and of Discrimination Based on Religion or Belief" (Global Civic - Free Religion)

For some strange thing, I had not found a Resolution for Diplomatic Victory :)

Put the file on CustomAssets\Xml\text (compatible for v 1.00)

Attachments

• RealRes.zip
    145.8 KB · Views: 2,221
Isn't the resolution for diplomatic victory the very first thing in the VoteInfos.xml file?

I remember it being there when I was working on my mod.

Here the official German translations of the titles:

• U.N. Resolution A/RES/3201 (S-VI) "Erklärung über die Errichtung einer neuen internationalen Wirtschaftsordnung" (+1 Handelsverbindung in allen Städten)
  • U.N. Resolution A/RES/3281 (XXIX) "Charta der ökonomischen Rechte und Pflichten von Staaten" (Handelsverbindungen zu allen Städten im Ausland)
  • U.N. Resolution A/RES/2373 (XXII) "Vertrag über die Nichtverbreitung von Kernwaffen" (Baustopp von Atomwaffen)
  • U.N. Resolution A/RES/2200 A (XXI) "Internationaler Pakt über bürgerliche und politische Rechte" (weltweite Gesellschaftsform der freien Wahlen)
  • U.N. Resolution A/RES/217 A (III) "Allgemeine Erklärung der Menschenrechte" (weltweite Gesellschaftsform der Meinungsfreiheit)
  • U.N. Resolution A/RES/2106 A (XX) "Internationales Übereinkommen zur Beseitigung jeder Form von Rassendiskriminierung" (weltweite Gesellschaftsform der Gleichberechtigung)
  • "Protokoll von Kyoto zum Rahmenübereinkommen der Vereinten Nationen über Klimaänderungen" (weltweite Gesellschaftsform des Umweltschutzes)
  • U.N. Resolution A/RES/36/55 "Erklärung über die Beseitigung aller Formen von Intoleranz und Diskriminierung aufgrund der Religion oder der Überzeugung" (weltweite Gesellschaftsform der Religionsfreiheit)

while your on the topic of the UN is it possible to make a mod to disobey the UN? (How many countrys acutally listen to it anyway) There would have to be side effects.
off the top of my head...
1. They would have to pay a amount of money to keep things hush hush
2. A serious negitave - to relations that voted for disobeyed resolution(and a small plus for those that voted against it)
3. anoying wepon inspectors poping up...
4. you would be declared war on by nations that voted for the disobeyed reslution
5.UN "peace keeping" troops that pop up randomly (VERY weak strength They are SO laughable in real life) that try to "liberate" your citys. And then turn them over to some country

Maybe I should make a new thread for this in the main creation forum

Pbhead said:
5.UN "peace keeping" troops that pop up randomly (VERY weak strength They are SO laughable in real life) that try to "liberate" your citys.
UN peacekeeping troops...aka the US army... :blush:
The UN isn't as good as it could be in the real world, it's like the Articles of Confederation, a loose confederacy with a central authority no one has to obey. No one wants to give up their personal rights as a member of their nation, after all. I wonder how long it will be until a real centralized authority evolves?

I like this name change; simple, yet adds a feeling of the real world :) (and probably took a while to look up...)

Pbhead said:
while your on the topic of the UN is it possible to make a mod to disobey the UN? (How many countrys acutally listen to it anyway) There would have to be side effects.
off the top of my head...
1. They would have to pay a amount of money to keep things hush hush
2. A serious negitave - to relations that voted for disobeyed resolution(and a small plus for those that voted against it)
3. anoying wepon inspectors poping up...
4. you would be declared war on by nations that voted for the disobeyed reslution
5.UN "peace keeping" troops that pop up randomly (VERY weak strength They are SO laughable in real life) that try to "liberate" your citys. And then turn them over to some country
Israel is probably in violation of more UN resolutions than any other country. Any of this ever happen to it? Actually, what countries have these ever happened to?

1) Flagrant disobedience seems to work well enough.
2) Nobody seems to have any problem with maintaining diplomatic relationships with any one of the many countries whose entire systems of government are completely in opposition to the entire UN charter.
3) Weapons inspectors never go anywhere they aren't allowed. They don't bother you if you tell them to go stuff it.
4) The UN has only ever authorized two wars, I believe, out of countless violations of its resolutions. Those were both, in a nutshell, wars against states that were viewed as weak enough and strategically important enough by certain world powers to make a war worthwhile. The wars would have occurred with or without UN approval; at most, they perhaps gained slightly more support.
5) UN peacekeepers don't attack cities. That would entail danger. They just politely step aside whenever any actual soldiers are nearby. Which is fair enough, since they don't have the equipment, training, or numbers to fight anyone.

Basically, the UN in Civ is largely the kind of agency that people like Woodrow Wilson dreamed of, not the paper tiger that actually exists. Although oddly, the Civ UN's God-like powers to magically force other nations to completely change their modes of government doesn't extend to any sort of inclination or ability to stop or reduce war, which was largely the point of the original idea.

I wouldn't mind simply you have to abide by the UN or else you get sanctioned, as in you lose your trade routes with everyone. This would be fairly powerful, since you would only have whatever resources lie within your natural borders and your economy would go in the tank without any foreign trade routes, but it would be possible to disobey them if you wanted which would be nice. I'd love for someone to mod that in. If someone told me where I should look to implement those kind of changes, I would try to mod it myself.

Very well put.

Simetrical said:
Israel is probably in violation of more UN resolutions than any other country. Any of this ever happen to it? Actually, what countries have these ever happened to?

2) Nobody seems to have any problem with maintaining diplomatic relationships with any one of the many countries whose entire systems of government are completely in opposition to the entire UN charter.
3) Weapons inspectors never go anywhere they aren't allowed. They don't bother you if you tell them to go stuff it.
4) The UN has only ever authorized two wars, I believe, out of countless violations of its resolutions. Those were both, in a nutshell, wars against states that were viewed as weak enough and strategically important enough by certain world powers to make a war worthwhile. The wars would have occurred with or without UN approval; at most, they perhaps gained slightly more support.
5) UN peacekeepers don't attack cities. That would entail danger. They just politely step aside whenever any actual soldiers are nearby. Which is fair enough, since they don't have the equipment, training, or numbers to fight anyone.

Basically, the UN in Civ is largely the kind of agency that people like Woodrow Wilson dreamed of, not the paper tiger that actually exists. Although oddly, the Civ UN's God-like powers to magically force other nations to completely change their modes of government doesn't extend to any sort of inclination or ability to stop or reduce war, which was largely the point of the original idea.

Good job - another interesting option is, IMHO, to add (like in Sevos mod) some resolutions, which don't exist in reality, but allow to have more alternative world shape - I mean forcing ANY civic, not only the latest (i.e. paganism for all or police state for all) - who knows what resolutions will be if UN was leaded by Stalin or Hitler ;)

Well, I think this mod is for people who want better names of resolutions, but not actually changing how resolutions work.

U.N. Resolution A/RES/2106 A (XX) "International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination" (Global Civic - Emancipation)

This seems to be a resolution on racism, while Emancipation concerns gender discrimination, right? You might want to change this to something more fitting emancipation.

Otherwise: good work! :goodjob:

Emancipation means "freeing (of one or more people)". Basically it means that slavery is outlawed. The thing about racism was in reference to the U.S. racial slavery, rather than the practice of slavery generally (which arguably isn't even particularly wrong when it's non-hereditary, but that's completely beside the point). I'm sure there's some UN resolution banning slavery, isn't there?

To be realistic, you should be allowed to ignore the UN resolutions, as long as you traded oil for an food resorce. Then you'd be allowed to break any resolution you wanted to, and when someone actually tried to force you to do it, you could convince the whole world that nation is actually a war-mongorer.

Simetrical said:

Actually, I recently talked about this in class. The U.S. is in violation of more UN declarations than any other nation. Israel is #2. There are also countless declarations concerning Israel/Palestine that the U.S. (as a permanent member) has vetoed. So, basically, the U.S. and Israel have been flipping off the UN for 50 years, but no other nation has been stupid enough to go to war over it.

:lol: Just an interesting tidbit...

Well, I did notice that it appears that the 1.52 patch made some changes to the xml file that this mod uses. So it's not compatible as it will overwrite something the patch updated.

And here the french translation : )

* U.N. Resolution A/RES/3201 (S-VI) "Déclaration de l'établissement d'un nouveau droit economique international" (+1 Routes de commerce dans toutes les villes)
* U.N. Resolution A/RES/3281 (XXIX) "Chartre economique des droits et devoirs des états" (Routes de commerce avec tout les pays)
* U.N. Resolution A/RES/2373 (XXII) "Traité de non-proliferation des armes nucléaires" (Construction d'armes nucléaires impossible)
* U.N. Resolution A/RES/2200 A (XXI) "Convention internationale du droit civique et politique" (Doctrine mondiale - Suffrage universel)
* U.N. Resolution A/RES/217 A (III) "Déclaration universelle des droits de l'homme" (Doctrine mondiale - Liberté d'expression)
* U.N. Resolution A/RES/2106 A (XX) "Convention internationale d'élimination de toute forme de discriminations raciales" (Doctrine mondiale - Emancipation)
* "Protocole de Kyoto dans le cadre de la convention sur le changement climatique des Nations Unies" (Doctrine mondiale - Environementalisme)
* U.N. Resolution A/RES/36/55 "Declaration sur l'élimination de toute forme de discriminations liées aux croyances" (Doctrine mondiale - Liberté de culte)

Lucas87 said:
I wouldn't mind simply you have to abide by the UN or else you get sanctioned, as in you lose your trade routes with everyone. This would be fairly powerful, since you would only have whatever resources lie within your natural borders and your economy would go in the tank without any foreign trade routes, but it would be possible to disobey them if you wanted which would be nice. I'd love for someone to mod that in. If someone told me where I should look to implement those kind of changes, I would try to mod it myself.

That would be cool, only could you trade with fellow international outlaws?

Top Bottom