1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Uncompleteable Familiar Exotics Quests (build Biofuel Plant in capital with no algae)

Discussion in 'CivBE - Bug Reports' started by DCParry, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

Moderator Action: Merged some posts with existing bug report.

2. agentandroid

agentandroid Chieftain

While annoying, I think this may be by design. There are satellites to create both basic and strategic resources. It will take a while to finish the quest, but it is by no means uncompleteable.

3. jgoasrec

jgoasrec Chieftain

I have the same problem with quest to build Biofuel Plant in Tiangong even if there is not algae near.

4. Ryoga

Ryoga King

So I built two weather control satellites, I covered with them all all the water accessible to my capital. I waited, I waited, I waited.
    All I got was coral.

In the meantime I won the game.

If it is by design, it wasn't well conceived.

5. Teproc

Teproc King

Nah it's definitely a bug. I'm actually surprised they haven't adressed it yet honestly, it seems like one that a lot of people have run into and is pretty embarassing, they'll have to fix it fast.

6. rawrkitty2

rawrkitty2 Chieftain

So for a lot of the quests, especially affinity based ones, they require buildings like Petrochemical plant being built in a city that is nowhere near oil.

This bugs out the quests and makes them impossible for players to actually complete them.

It's really a potshot weither or not you get early affinity and in MP its kind of something that is gamebreaking :l

7. agentandroid

agentandroid Chieftain

8. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Moderator Action: Threads merged.

9. Masquerouge

Masquerouge Deity

I've had the issue too. Note that I have zero chance of getting access to Algae since I'm too far from the ocean.

10. TLHeart

TLHeart King

use a weather satellite on the lake, or use weather satellite on the crater to the east that has water in it... or on the ocean to the south... as long as the algae is withing the 5th ring the quest can be completed.

11. Lanth

Lanth Warlord

Firstly, craters are classed as Mountains, this is flavour graphics only, not an actual body of water for gameplay purposes.

Secondly, my capital (the city the quest asked me to build in) actually had algae available in it's 3rd ring, and I improved it with a work barge thingy too. I still couldn't build the building though, because it seems the building requires you to also be on the coast, in addition to having algae.

So you and others in this thread saying "use a satellite to create algae": sorry, that won't actually solve the problem if your city isn't coastal.

12. kisdead

kisdead Chieftain

This happened to me in my 3rd game. I could complete it in the first 2, although I might have been just lucky. Funny thing is I cannot choose either, because for Purity I have to build a biofuel plant in a landlocked city, and for Supremacy it's a petrochemical plant with no petroleum (although there's one just outside of the city's radius).

Attached 2 saves, one before the quest decision and the other with the Purity choice and the impossible quest objective.

Attached Files:

13. TLHeart

TLHeart King

sorry, but the biofuel plant only requires a workable algae....

as in this screen shot, and central is a land locked city. and I used weather satelites to create the algae.

Spoiler :

14. rawrkitty2

rawrkitty2 Chieftain

Gettin real tired of not being able to do any quests cause i dont have oil :l

15. TLHeart

TLHeart King

there is a satellite that will produce that oil for you on an unimproved tile. lower right of the tech web, after terraforming.

16. rawrkitty2

rawrkitty2 Chieftain

No it gives "basic" not strategic.

17. TLHeart

TLHeart King

orbital fabricator unit gives strategic, and you are guaranteed oil over water.
    The weather satellite gives basic.

Spoiler :

18. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Good to know. :)

19. rawrkitty2

rawrkitty2 Chieftain

Oh.. interesting

20. Shecter

Shecter Chieftain

The quest is requiring me to build a petrochemical plant in Central, But there is no workable petroleum resource within range which is required to build said building. I have had this bug for quite awhile but just posting my latest save.

Also, I am unaware if this is a bug or not but, I was forced to choose an upgrade for a CNDR. Ie I stole a tech that gave me 3 levels of harmony affinity and the only option to upgrade is an evolved CNDR. The only reason I suspect this might be a bug is there is no option to Save/Defer the upgrade which players have the option of using in the advanced options, and not having to choose between another option.

Attached Files: