1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Uncompleteable Familiar Exotics Quests (build Biofuel Plant in capital with no algae)

Discussion in 'CivBE - Bug Reports' started by DCParry, Oct 24, 2014.

1. DCParry

DCParry Chieftain

So I am playing along my first game with Polyaustrailia. Due to resource allocation I am going purity. I get to Familiar Exotics, Chapter 2. The quest is to build a Biofuel plant in Freeland. Unfortunately, Feeland is land locked, with nary a source of Algae to be found.

Is this intended? I am blocked from going any further along this particular quest line?

2. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

No, I don't believe this is intended. I have also come across the problem with a similar quest - asking you to build a Petrochemical Plant in the capital instead of city with access to Petroleum, IIRC (though I have no save on hand for it :().

Do you have a save on hand which demonstrates the issue?

Moderator Action: Moved to Bug Reports.

3. jokii

jokii Chieftain

Guys...If someone knows this...

I have a quest to build biofuel plant in the city with no water tiles and no algae.....? ...is this a bug ?
    I also have a quest "cultural burden" which I don't understand ....How do I find source of signal....What do I need to do ?

4. DCParry

DCParry Chieftain

Thanks for the move, I wasn't sure if this was a bug or not. I do have a save with this.

5. Camikaze

Cool, could you please attach if to your post here. :)

6. Camikaze

It appears to be, yes. Do you have a save demonstrating the issue which you could attach here?

Moderator Action: Merged thread from GD.

7. cazaderonus

cazaderonus Actual Dad.

Same problem here with the biofuel plant. This is dumb big time.
    Oddly enough, havent witnessed this quest doing this in any of the dozens LP i watched of the preview/beta versions.

So this seems new.

8. Teproc

Teproc King

I'm also having this problem (save attached).

Attached Files:

9. Denkt

Denkt Reader

Can't you use weather control satellite to create some algae?

10. cazaderonus

cazaderonus Actual Dad.

Is it a coincidence because i had the issue while playing with Franco Iberia as well.

Anyone had that issue with another civ ?

I d need water tiles in the perimeter of my city. Which i havent

11. Camikaze

This is a good point in the case of cities which do have access to water but not to algae, but I'm sceptical as to whether that's the intended design.

12. ThatCoolGuy

ThatCoolGuy Chieftain

Hi I have the same issues with Brasilia:
    - Quest to build a biofuel plant in a land locked city (though when I first had the quest, it was in the city with an algae, but I reloaded the save a turn earlier for whatever reasons and when the quest came back it was for a land locked city)
    - Quest "Cultural Burden" that has no location (although I stumbled upon an hex where building a road would cause the quest to fail, so I suppose this hex is linked to quest, though if I send an explorer on this quest there is nothing to do on it)

View attachment BrasiliaUncompletableQuests.CivBESave

PS: hi, yes I know, I'm a lurker and the first time I come out of the shadow is to post in the bug report. Sorry.

13. Camikaze

No need to be sorry, and welcome to the forums! :wavey: Reporting bugs is one of the best things you can do for the game - the developers can't make it better if they hadn't stumbled across all the problems.

I copied your post into another thread for the Cultural Burden quest problem.

14. Ganaroth

Ganaroth Chieftain

I'm currently being asked to Build a Neurolab in a city without access to Firaxite. This seems like a problem.

15. bhavv

bhavv Glorious World Dictator

I'm getting this issue as well. I always get the biowell quest in a city without algae, and in my current game had it it a completely landlocked city. I just reloaded instead and picked the harmony option as I had xenomass, but even then it will probably tell you to build a xenomass building in a city without it.

I don't like this as its completely ruining my rush to level 2 purity tactic for one of the +2 health +1 science buildings on the ectogenesis pod wonder tech.

16. cazaderonus

cazaderonus Actual Dad.

Yeah this is annoying. But will probably be fixed quickly i suppose.

And regarding the weather to make the quest possible, even if you can salvage that way, i dont think it s intended as that quest is more of a early introduction one.

17. Ryoga

Ryoga King

So the quest asks me to build a Biofuel Plant in Central
    Biofuel Plant require a workable algae near the city to be built
    There are no algae near Central...

Why?
    How? :(

Attached Files:

18. Lparsons7641

Lparsons7641 Chieftain

I've gotten those before. They are as far as I know, impossible.

I just ignore them and move on. As much as I am enjoying the quest mechanics.

19. r0ck

r0ck Chieftain

grab satellite, drop resource over water, finish quest. Clumsy but feasible

20. Acken

Acken Deity

I've had the same problem in my first game asking for a petro plant but I had no petrol near my cap. Its the supremacy part of famliar exotics.

Not sure if intended... I'd think it would work at least in a secondary city.