Uncompleteable Familiar Exotics Quests (build Biofuel Plant in capital with no algae)

DCParry

Chieftain
So I am playing along my first game with Polyaustrailia. Due to resource allocation I am going purity. I get to Familiar Exotics, Chapter 2. The quest is to build a Biofuel plant in Freeland. Unfortunately, Feeland is land locked, with nary a source of Algae to be found.

Is this intended? I am blocked from going any further along this particular quest line?

No, I don't believe this is intended. I have also come across the problem with a similar quest - asking you to build a Petrochemical Plant in the capital instead of city with access to Petroleum, IIRC (though I have no save on hand for it :().

Do you have a save on hand which demonstrates the issue?

Moderator Action: Moved to Bug Reports.

Guys...If someone knows this...

I have a quest to build biofuel plant in the city with no water tiles and no algae.....? ...is this a bug ?
I also have a quest "cultural burden" which I don't understand ....How do I find source of signal....What do I need to do ?

Thanks for the move, I wasn't sure if this was a bug or not. I do have a save with this.

Guys...If someone knows this...

I have a quest to build biofuel plant in the city with no water tiles and no algae.....? ...is this a bug ?

It appears to be, yes. Do you have a save demonstrating the issue which you could attach here?

Moderator Action: Merged thread from GD.

Same problem here with the biofuel plant. This is dumb big time.
Oddly enough, havent witnessed this quest doing this in any of the dozens LP i watched of the preview/beta versions.

So this seems new.

I'm also having this problem (save attached).

Attachments

• Élodie_TURN 117.CivBESave
    612.4 KB · Views: 204
Is it a coincidence because i had the issue while playing with Franco Iberia as well.

Anyone had that issue with another civ ?

Can't you use weather control satellite to create some algae?

I d need water tiles in the perimeter of my city. Which i havent

Hi I have the same issues with Brasilia:
- Quest to build a biofuel plant in a land locked city (though when I first had the quest, it was in the city with an algae, but I reloaded the save a turn earlier for whatever reasons and when the quest came back it was for a land locked city)
- Quest "Cultural Burden" that has no location (although I stumbled upon an hex where building a road would cause the quest to fail, so I suppose this hex is linked to quest, though if I send an explorer on this quest there is nothing to do on it)

View attachment BrasiliaUncompletableQuests.CivBESave

PS: hi, yes I know, I'm a lurker and the first time I come out of the shadow is to post in the bug report. Sorry.

PS: hi, yes I know, I'm a lurker and the first time I come out of the shadow is to post in the bug report. Sorry.

No need to be sorry, and welcome to the forums! :wavey: Reporting bugs is one of the best things you can do for the game - the developers can't make it better if they hadn't stumbled across all the problems.

I copied your post into another thread for the Cultural Burden quest problem.

I'm currently being asked to Build a Neurolab in a city without access to Firaxite. This seems like a problem.

I'm getting this issue as well. I always get the biowell quest in a city without algae, and in my current game had it it a completely landlocked city. I just reloaded instead and picked the harmony option as I had xenomass, but even then it will probably tell you to build a xenomass building in a city without it.

I don't like this as its completely ruining my rush to level 2 purity tactic for one of the +2 health +1 science buildings on the ectogenesis pod wonder tech.

Yeah this is annoying. But will probably be fixed quickly i suppose.

And regarding the weather to make the quest possible, even if you can salvage that way, i dont think it s intended as that quest is more of a early introduction one.

So the quest asks me to build a Biofuel Plant in Central
Biofuel Plant require a workable algae near the city to be built
There are no algae near Central...

Why?
How? :(

Attachments

• 2014-10-24_00001.jpg
    2014-10-24_00001.jpg
    350.2 KB · Views: 515
I've gotten those before. They are as far as I know, impossible.

I just ignore them and move on. As much as I am enjoying the quest mechanics.

grab satellite, drop resource over water, finish quest. Clumsy but feasible

Top Bottom