Unique Dawn of Man image

merijn_v1

Black Belt
Inspired by an idea of BenZL, I created a module that puts an image in the background of the Dawn of Man text box. Each civ has an unique image.

Download Link

Unzip the file in the RFC Dawn of Civilization folder (say yes when it asks to replace files) and play the mod as usual.

- Available for all versions. (regular download and SVN)
- Compatible with all other modcomps.

If you think you have a better image for a civ, please let me know.

Attachments

• Dawn of Man.JPG
    Dawn of Man.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 697
The example image made the text hard to read. I don't know if seeing it in-game would give a better impression, though.

Is this for 1.11 or SVN?

In any case, nice work. :goodjob:

Right now, it's only SVN. I'm trying to move some of the code from the consts.py to the DawnofManscreen.py, so it's for both.

I know the images it can be hard to read the Dawn of Man text. I tried to get a nice blue sky, so you can see the white letters. But I couldn't find images for all civs that have that.
(Although I could edit the images a little so they will have a blue sky.)
I could also change the color of the text.

If you need my help, I can put some of the pictures in Photoshop and tweak them with Color Balance or Levels in the instance that dark/bolded text is unattainable.

I uploaded a new version. No changes in the images. But now it's compatible for ALL versions. (both SVN and regular download) It also doesn't compete with any other modcomp.

Lol, if you had uploaded that 10 minutes earlier, I wouldn't have to download twice :lol:

The viking has no image (Pink)
I suggest these:
Spoiler :

or this,
Spoiler :

Can you make it scenario-specific?
This could be for the 3000BC and 600AD France; since Eiffel Tower is too far in the future and suit the 1700AD scenario best.
Spoiler :

Indonesia
Spoiler :

India
Spoiler :

Oooh, I really like the second Viking one as well as 600AD France and Indonesia.

I did consider the 2nd Viking image myself, but it wasn't in the right resolution. So it would look blurry ingame.
So I use this one. (which is very similar)
Spoiler :

I made a small error in the code, so that's why it's pink. It will be fixed in the next version.

If you want to fix it yourself, go to Assets/Modules/DoMART/DOMART_CIV4ArtDefines_Interface.xml
Open it, search for "vikings".
Code:
			<Path>Modules/DoMArt/Images/[COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR]ikings.dds</Path>
As you can see, I made a small typo. Change the B into a V and it should work.

And yes, it's possible to make the image scenario dependent.

At least 800x600.
If it is bigger (like 1024x768 or even larger), I can scale it down to this size.
And the lenght:width doesn't need to be 4:3 neccessarily. If it has a different ratio, I can cut off a part.

Also, it shouldn't be blurry. Look at this example. It is 1200x804, so it OK by size. But it's blurry and therefore I won't use it. (and it also has and "overlay")
Spoiler :

Got it! *generating new imagery...*

India
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Indonesia
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Tamil
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

P.S: Can you make it dynamic, so it pick randomly from a pool of images; or change like slideshows every 20 turns?

Top Bottom