1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Unique Infrastructure Elimination Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Legacy of Smiles, Nov 21, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanNorwood

HanNorwood Tamar

New
    3. Australia - Outback Station [15]
    7. Cree - Mekewap [14+1=15] I love the Cree in large part because of the Mekewap. Having housing, gold, food, and production is awesome.
    14. Greece - Acropolis [6]
    16. Indonesia - Kampung [19]
    20. Korea - Seowon [9] So many people are voting it up because it's so powerful, despite the awkward managing required to fully boost it. I don't really like how powerful it is, however, because it renders Korea so one-dimensional in terms of what they can/should do.
    29. Russia - Lavra [21]

2. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer Prince

Seowon should be 6.

3. Amrunril

Amrunril Emperor

7. Cree - Mekewap [14+1=15] I love the Cree in large part because of the Mekewap. Having housing, gold, food, and production is awesome.
    14. Greece - Acropolis [6]
    20. Korea - Seowon [6+1=7] Efficeint science is a significant boost to any strategy. The fact that so many of its downvotes have come because it's too powerful is quite telling. I do notice that both upvotes and downvotes are frequently referencing Korea's mine and farm boosts. Technically, these are part of the UA, not a bonus of the Seowon itself.
    29. Russia - Lavra [21-3=18] This is to religion what the Seowon is to science. Unfortunately for the Lavra, a religious boost isn't nearly as powerful as a comparable science boost.

4. Human Crouton

Human Crouton Prince

7. Cree - Mekewap [15]
    14. Greece - Acropolis [6 - 3 = 3] Hills restriction, good but not great adjacency yields. Neither of these is really enough of a negative until you get this late in the process. Extra envoy is nice, but not as much as it used to be before the expansion with Amani running around.
    20. Korea - Seowon [7]
    29. Russia - Lavra [18 + 1 = 19] Guaranteed religion is good if you want it, but do you also want so many great writers, artists, and musicians that you literally can't build enough buildings to store their work?

5. Sagax

Sagax Emperor

7. Cree - Mekewap [15]
    14. Greece - Acropolis [3 - 3 = ELIMINATED] Honestly, at some point extra culture is just an overkill. Science converts into new stuff to build, faith can be turned into a currency for non-religious stuff. Culture alone.....is just the civic filter. Sure, you want a high culture output to defend against tourism, but maintaining a certain level above it is just enough.
    20. Korea - Seowon [7]
    29. Russia - Lavra [19 + 1 = 20] Who said anything about pursuing religious victory as Russia? Faith is a currency - use it.

6. TahamiTsunami

TahamiTsunami Prince

3. Australia - Outback Station [15 - 3 = 12] This is such a tough choice since I do love this improvement and the fact that the fence circles around any adjacent Outback Stations and pastures is a great touch! However, I have to downvote something and the bonuses on this one aren't quite as great as the others and it comes much later.
    7. Cree - Mekewap [15]
    16. Indonesia - Kampung [19 + 1 = 20] This is quite the game-changer for Indonesia since it helps to make sure you won't have to worry food or housing no matter where you are on your island!
    20. Korea - Seowon [7]
    29. Russia - Lavra [20]

7. ArallanKing

ArallanKing Warlord

3. Australia - Outback Station [12]
    7. Cree - Mekewap [15]
    16. Indonesia - Kampung [21] (20+1) eventhough the tourism bonus not really prominent, its still helps going towards the cultural vic.
    20. Korea - Seowon [7]
    29. Russia - Lavra [17] (20-3) Religious game is not really my style cuz it's rather more tedious.

8. Kmart_Elvis

Kmart_Elvis Prince

3. Australia - Outback Station [12-3=9] It's nice but the mekewap arrives so much earlier and the Kampung at least allows you to use coastal tiles.
    7. Cree - Mekewap [15]
    16. Indonesia - Kampung [21]
    20. Korea - Seowon [7+1=8] I prefer the Lavra as a district, and think that should be #1, but I'm spending my vote to at least keep this in the top 5.
    29. Russia - Lavra [17]

Legacy of Smiles likes this.
  9. Legacy of Smiles

Legacy of Smiles Warlord

Wow, this is close. There's strong arguments against them all so it's hard to make a decision.

3. Australia - Outback Station [9]
    7. Cree - Mekewap [15-3=12] Still weakest to me.
    20. Korea - Seowon [8+1=9] Definitely top 3, science is king. Also synergise with the Korean UA (especially), Pingala and Korea's UA.
    29. Russia - Lavra [17]

10. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Emperor

3. Australia - Outback Station [6=9-3] Too late
    7. Cree - Mekewap [12]
    20. Korea - Seowon [9+1=10] Definitely top 1
    29. Russia - Lavra [17]

11. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

0. Australia 3 (6-3) Not only does it come a bit late, it also takes even longer to reach its full potential
    7. Cree - Mekewap [12]
    20. Korea - Seowon 11 (10+1) I honestly can't believe it was downvoted at all. The difference between a +3/+4 seowon is irrelevant, so placement issues are really not.
    29. Russia - Lavra [17]

12. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

purely tactical vote incoming (Lavra #1, Mekewap #2)

0. Australia [3+1=4] One more life for the Outback Station!
    7. Cree - Mekewap [12]
    20. Korea - Seowon [11-3=8] One life less for the Seowon!
    29. Russia - Lavra [17]

13. IdiotStyle

IdiotStyle Warlord

0. Australia [4]
    7. Cree - Mekewap [12]
    16. Indonesia - Kampung [21+1=22] Never have i been so proud of one seeing one tile surrounded with coastal water and 2/3 ressources
    20. Korea - Seowon [8-3=5] i see the biggest benefice on maps with low amounts of mountains, but the hill requirement bothers me compared to the others here
    29. Russia - Lavra [17]

14. Leathaface

Leathaface Emperor

New
    0. Australia [4]
    7. Cree - Mekewap [12]
    16. Indonesia - Kampung [22]
    20. Korea - Seowon [5+1=6] See my previous reasons. I have seen several people downvoting because the Seowon is "boring", I thought the point of this thread was to judge a unique infrastruture based on how powerful it is? I've never upvoted because a unique infrastructure because it was "exciting", I upvoted because of how much it could propel your Civ to victory.
    29. Russia - Lavra [17-3=14] You need 2 districts to take advantage of what the Lavra gives. Placing down a Holy Site on Deity is very risky, you could very easily lose the game when you're Spearmen or Archers are facing Knights. Though I suppose if you play on Prince or King difficulty you can place a Lavra every game you start as Russia.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  15. Tobizi

Tobizi Chieftain

0. Australia [4]
    7. Cree - Mekewap [12]
    16. Indonesia - Kampung [22-3=19] Very good, but doesn't make their Civ best in one field (Russia is better at religion because Lavra and Korea better in science because Seowon).
    20. Korea - Seowon [6+1=7] Makes them the best scientific Civ in game.
    29. Russia - Lavra [14]

16. Wyvern_Parade

Wyvern_Parade Warlord

0. Australia [4-3=1] Become useful pretty late in the game compared to everything else here.
    7. Cree - Mekewap [12]
    20. Korea - Seowon [7+1=8] Helps you catch up to the AI science very early when you are most vulnerable.
    29. Russia - Lavra [14]

17. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

3. Australia [2 (1+1)] It may be too late to save it, but I personally find the Outback Station better than the Makewap. Yes, it comes later, but it also comes at a time where you can afford to spam builder charges to use it.
    7. Cree - Mekewap [9 (12-3)] It's good, I just haven't had games where this was fantastic. It sort of pales compared to the Outback Station and Kampung because you can't spam it to the same extent.
    20. Korea - Seowon [8]
    29. Russia - Lavra [14]

18. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

3. Australia [2 ]
    7. Cree - Mekewap [9+1=10] Never had a game when this wasn't useful. Can't say that for the Outback Station or Kampung.
    16. Indonesia - Kampung [19-3=16] I love Indonesia but some maps just don't suit them. In the end this is situational, often the kampung is great, sometimes it isn't.

20. Korea - Seowon [8]
    29. Russia - Lavra [14]

edit: :blush:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  19. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

I think you missed a page.

AmazonQueen likes this.
  20. SumerianMonkey

SumerianMonkey Chieftain

3. Australia [2 ]
    7. Cree - Mekewap [10]