Unique Units: Unit Names Thread

Mufin said:
Sorry, my mistake. I wasn't sure which post is up to date - the first one, or the second one. I see every civilisation I know something about is already done. Your mod is so lovely that I wish to help you with something else, and in that case I would like to help you with CCP, as you call it. I'll take Yemen, for example.

Please feel free to download the sample in that forum and fill it in
I'm holding you to it. This should be the last post about the CCCP in this thread though.

Mufin said:
Sorry, my mistake. I wasn't sure which post is up to date - the first one, or the second one. I see every civilisation I know something about is already done. Your mod is so lovely that I wish to help you with something else, and in that case I would like to help you with CCP, as you call it. I'll take Yemen, for example.

Cool. Take a look at the CCP thread ans see what's available. Purplexus is leading the charge on this part.

I was worried about that, now here arises a problem.:sad: I don't know any Kingdom of Armenia legion names.:confused: However, there is a solution. Levonardo made an Armenia mod for Vanilla a few weeks ago, and he used a different unique unit, the Fedayee that fought to protect Armenia during the Genocide. Here is the link, now I can provide large amounts of names, for example, taking a famous freedom fighter and saying "Andranik's Khoomp" Khoomp in Armenian meaning division, or group. I hope it doesn't cause too much trouble.:) I should have a list assembled by later today.

An alternative to that would be that I could make up names.:)

Drtad said:
I was worried about that, now here arises a problem.:sad: I don't know any Kingdom of Armenia legion names.:confused: However, there is a solution. Levonardo made an Armenia mod for Vanilla a few weeks ago, and he used a different unique unit, the Fedayee that fought to protect Armenia during the Genocide. Here is the link, now I can provide large amounts of names, for example, taking a famous freedom fighter and saying "Andranik's Khoomp" Khoomp in Armenian meaning division, or group. I hope it doesn't cause too much trouble.:) I should have a list assembled by later today.

An alternative to that would be that I could make up names.:)

That sounds fine. I've had to use substitutes or make up names for many civs. (it's not like there's a handy list of Morai regiments floating out there, especially since none exist!)

The goal, in the end, is to have naming conventions that are specific to the civ and that are relevant to culture and history. For the US, Germany, Russia, Britain, this is easy, as it is for other modern civs (Canada, Indonesia, Pakistan) For the Inca, Aztecs, Aborigines, not so much.

I was thrilled to find actual names for the Zulu and for some Carthaginian regiments. But it's pretty tough for many civs.

Your suggestion seems to meet the criteria perfectly.

I'll compile a made up list soon. example: Tigranes's Own, Armenian Legion XII Scythica, etc. Roman variations basicly.

I made up some Armenian Imitation Legion names. The first two are real historical Armenian legions in the Roman Army, the other ones I took a teritory formerly under Armenian control and made that the names, also some hybrid ones.:
Legio I Armenaica
Legio II Armenaica
Armenian I Pontic
Armenian I Cilician
Armenian II Cilician
Armenian I Phoenician
Armenian II Phoenician
Armenian III Phoenician
Armenian II Pontic
Armenian III Pontic
Armenian IV Phoenician
Armenian I Iberian