1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unit Request Thread 3

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Plotinus, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Gamemaster77

Gamemaster77 PC > Mac

I would like a plane that takes off and lands vertically and flys horizontaly to add as an upgrade for helicopters sense they are pretty useless.

2. Delta_Strife

Delta_Strife Deity

3. Steph

Steph Multi Many Tasks man Retired Moderator

You can also get some Russian planes, also made by Wyrmshadow.

4. Ares de Borg

Ares de Borg Norman Knight

Understatement of the day. :D

5. Steph

My answer was about VTOL planes. Only some of the planes made by WS are VTOL.

Here, have a cookie :pat:

6. Ares de Borg

7. myroksoff

myroksoff Chieftain

hey,
    i have played civ III for a while, but ony got onto this recently. i have tried to design my own scenario with modern units found on here. I did see that there was an assault ship. It looks like the LPD class of ships. I had tried to use and allied carrier from the WWII scenario for an assault ship (LHA class), but it wouldnt take both aircraft and ground units. does this assault ship take both? if so how do you edit/create it in the civ3 edit program? and could you use both helicopters and harriers on it? another thing i was thinking of was those amtraks that the marines fall out of the back of the assault ship in. or those goofy hovercraft they use too. has anybody made any of those?

sorry, i tend to ramble. 2 thing basically. a marine amtrak and an assault ship (lha class). how about those for suggestions?

jim

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  8. nick0515

nick0515 Fantasy World Builder

myroksoff Unfortunately a unit can't transport both Air and Land units, as far as I know. Certianly didn't work for me when I tried it.

9. myroksoff

myroksoff Chieftain

i wonder if wyrmshadow or ares de borg has figured out anything. wyrmshadow has a bazillion posts on here.

10. Ares de Borg

Amtrak (some more ww2 versions are in the database, please search for yourself)

11. myroksoff

myroksoff Chieftain

sorry, im a 20 yr army grunt. i dont know much about the corp. i think they call it the LVT-7 (latest version is the AAV). i do know it takes a dive off of the amphib ships, then resurfaces. anything on having an amphib ship that launches air and ground assets?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  12. myroksoff

myroksoff Chieftain

holy crap! sweet! i found the AAV thingy. thanks Ares. now for the amphib ship thing. any suggestions anybody?

13. Gamemaster77

Gamemaster77 PC > Mac

Hey, thanks for helping me find the harrior guys.

14. Ares de Borg

Go to http://www.stormoverciv.org/ and you might find some things in the Civ3 units section.

15. myroksoff

myroksoff Chieftain

thanks, i just caught it. great ships on there. from all that i have seen NOBODY has fixed the amphib ships carrying both air and ground stuff. that would rock if somebody could fix that. well, that and make helicopters NOT suck.

16. myroksoff

myroksoff Chieftain

uhm, i have another question. what do you do if a unit graphic doesnt have a XXLG and and XXSM pcx file? that Tarawa Carrier zip file didnt have one.

17. Gamemaster77

Gamemaster77 PC > Mac

To answer your questions about the helicopters, i just modded my game to have an upgrade for them. I used this one sense planes usually need a runway but when you airdrop the don't use it.

18. nick0515

nick0515 Fantasy World Builder

myroksoff Many things to do with Civ 3 are hardcoded, you cannot mod many aspects of the game, eg culture groups can only be 5 etc. When I gave a Land unit the ability to transport other land units and air units the two things cancelled eachother out and it could not transport anything. In the editor the flag is "Tansports only foot units" and "transports only Air units". Note the word only. I suspect it is not possible to have a unit transport two types. However, I only tried it with a land unit, and not with a sea unit. I could be wrong though.

This is probably very off-topic for this thread, possibly why no one is replying to that part of your question. Perhaps you should start a thread on it in the Civ 3 customization section of the forum.

Cheers

Nick

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  19. Steph

Moderator Action: You can start by asking the questions where they should go, ie in the main Creation & customization forum. This thread is to request new unit graphics, not for question about unit modding

20. myroksoff

myroksoff Chieftain

sheesh. okay. while i am still on the unit requests thread, i have another couple of things i was thinking of. first is the fun little OH-6 Loach/Cayuse. the second is my fav helo, the CH/MH-53. then at work this morning i was thinking of a MOAB. or have these already been done?