Unit Request Thread 3

The tanks that I would like to see are the Czech LT-35, French H 39, German Jagdpanzer IV, and British Comet. They would fit into my personal WWII in Europe scenario nicely. Hungarian Infantry and Heavy MG units would be useful as well.

I dunno if anyone still reads these, but it's worth a try. (I've already posted a short thread):

OK, for awhile I've been working on a Doctor Who mod/scenario, and I'm stumped. The beautiful TARDIS unit by Vuldacon is working perfectly, as is the Dalek unit. But what I need most is The Doctor(s). I'm perfectly happy with using Einstein as the 1st Doctor, but what I really need is the iconic 4th with his scarf, and the 9th and 10th. If anyone, anyone, could do just one of these, I'd be eternally grateful.

Thanks!

I would like to request the M103, last of the heavy tanks produced in America. The Hamilton class cutter would be a nice, flavorful addition to my mod. Any frigate sized vessel with the orange coastie flash would be great.

REQUEST FOR REPUBLICAN/IMPERIAL ROME ERA

Greetings all. This is my first time posting here, though I've lurked quite a bit. I'm impressed by how "civilised" everyone here is compared to most forums :lol: Like you I'm a big fan of the game, and was drawn back in when I saw what sort of amazing customs can be done (Sandris especially is prolific with animations par excellence that really fit the whole Civ aesthetic). Well I'm making a mod starting in 280BC and so now I'm forced to actually post.

I study this era a lot, and I feel like these would be very useful to all players of the ancient/antiquity eras.

One is the German "Ghost Warriors" of the Harii tribe.

Sources for Germanic Harii black "ghost warriors":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harii

The attached pic shows them armed with javelins though they should be armed with spears or clubs to be ambushers. Imagine them with no mov penalty in forrest and stealth! How often do you get a legitimate stealth unit from the ancient era? : )

Also, any Falx-based units. The Falx-wielders from the Balkans were the only unit that actually forced the Romans to make modifications to their armour!
Free mvmt throught hills and mountains!

The Falx comes in two primary varieties - a smaller one-handed Falx and a pole-arm version with slightly less curve known as the Rhomphai.
The Falx was used by the Dacians and Thracians (who incidentally created the famed Peltast skirmisher). Note that the falx is pointed outward like a sickle, not a sabre.

Soldiers with Rhomphai:

A Falxman might be a more civilised based troop, with typically Dacian clothes, and a shield, and the Rhomphai wielder is usually depicted shirtless - wearing only trousers and cap. Clothing is usually solid colors.

Dacian/Thracian Shields and clothing:

Attachments

• Dacians.jpg
    Dacians.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 186
  • dacianshields.jpg
    dacianshields.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 200
  • Thracian.jpg
    Thracian.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 224
  • GhostWarrior.gif
    GhostWarrior.gif
    10.9 KB · Views: 166
so now I'm forced to actually post.
No kidding! Only 2 posts so far!

Anyway, those look like nice units. I will look forward to them if they are ever made.

Anyway, those look like nice units. I will look forward to them if they are ever made.

Yeah dude! It would be awesome if these are made.

The Dacians/Thracians (they're related) especially are critical to the era. They were bad mofos--they're still battling it out today in the Balkans.
The Romans were determined to take over that region though, because the mountains around Romania are rich in mineral deposits.
Once they did take over, I believe the price of gold in Rome was actually brought down due to the surplus that was created.

The German would make a great 'fun' unit, adding a unique experience to playing that civ. It's historical, and one of the few examples of a stealth unit from that era - creating more strategic avenues:

Tacitus writes in Germania:
As for the Harii, quite apart from their strength, which exceeds that of the other tribes I have just listed, they pander to their innate savagery by skill and timing: with black shields and painted bodies, they choose dark nights to fight, and by means of terror and shadow of a ghostly army they cause panic, since no enemy can bear a sight so unexpected and hellish; in every battle the eyes are the first to be conquered.

To give a relative idea of the power in the mod:

Eques - 4/3/3
Triarii - 2/4/1
Principes - 3/3/1
Hastati - 1/2/1 (1)
Velites - 1/1/2 (1) *zone of control
Archers/Slingers - 0/1/1 (2) *lethal land bombard, zone of control, Range:2

Falxman - 3/2/1 *fee mvmt:hills, mountains
Rhomphai - 4/2/1 *free mvmt:hills, mountains
Ghost Warriors - 2/1/2 *stealth, invisibility, free mvmt:forrest

So you see each unit will have a very unique role strategically compared to the vanilla game-forcing you to utilise a good mix of troops.
Whether a unit is incorporated will depend upon it's value in gameplay as much as historicity. I would like to discuss this mod further so I can get input from people, but I'm not sure if this is the right section. My motivation is my love for history. It makes it that much more fun learning; however, I want to temper that with a fun gameplay experience.

Safer Sephiroth,he ain't in the Database,so I want him.(I've also gone through all the pages in the units graphics subforum.)

Browsing the download database, civIII units, ancient section, could be a good idea

Faxlman

You're very rude aren't you? Are you like that in real life? I doubt it.

I already said the blade is used like a sickle:
Note that the falx is pointed outward like a sickle, not a sabre.

That unit is inaccurate.

Looks like someone could follow their own advice.

I already saw that unit, which is why I made a point of mentioning the positioning of the weapon.

Rude? Where am I rude? Next time you ask something, instead of taking some time to find you a link of a possible unit, I'll abstain then.

Note that the falx is pointed outward like a sickle, not a sabre
Of course, we shoud immediately know from this statement alone that you indeed went in the download database and didn't like the unit there... If you had said so, it would have been a lot more obvious, don't you think?

Pounder said:
A werewolf.
I second this.

Has one been done?, I searched the unit library.
There's a legionary variation here.

I'll also reiterate my request for a sandworm from Frank Herbert's Dune series.
Spoiler :
The Sandworm, also known by the Fremen as Shai Hulud, Shaitan and 'The Maker', is native to the world of Arrakis, known as Dune. Sandworms can attain lengths of gigantic dimensions and are the undisputed princes of Dune's Inner Belts. Sandworms have been known to attack desert installations, mainly because they are attracted by unnatural vibrations which seem to irritate and lead them to aggressive and destructive behaviour.

[Lord Malbeth] I was planning to make the Fourth Doctor ages ago for a never-begun Doctor Who scenario (I got as far as collecting Poser props, music, and sound effects!). Unfortunately I don't have Poser installed on my current computer and my old one seems to have given up the ghost - otherwise I might have been persuaded to have a go at that one for you.

Remember that Steph is a moderator now. It's best to be nice to them...

Would it possible for anybody to make some of the British Cruiser tank series (Mk.I-IV)? I have not seen them at all, and they are essential in my WWII in Europe scenario.

Remember that Steph is a moderator now. It's best to be nice to them...

Would it possible for anybody to make some of the British Cruiser tank series (Mk.I-IV)? I have not seen them at all, and they are essential in my WWII in Europe scenario.

I made a number of british tanks, just search for them in the database. Also the unnammed Junkers ground attacker in your signature was done by Topgun.

[Lord Malbeth] I was planning to make the Fourth Doctor ages ago for a never-begun Doctor Who scenario (I got as far as collecting Poser props, music, and sound effects!). Unfortunately I don't have Poser installed on my current computer and my old one seems to have given up the ghost - otherwise I might have been persuaded to have a go at that one for you.

Oh drat... Well, I will say 'thank you' for starting it! :) If you ever get Poser re-installed and change your mind, do tell me! Thanks!

Top Bottom