1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unit Request Thread 3

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Plotinus, Jan 9, 2009.

1. myroksoff

myroksoff Chieftain

ha! i have another one! how about the KC-135 stratotanker? then you could create a in-flight refueling small wonder and extend the range of your aircraft.

2. Steph

Steph Multi Many Tasks man Retired Moderator

I don't see how it would work.

3. myroksoff

myroksoff Chieftain

heres another: the M-60 CEV with the short 152mm gun and the mine plow. or even a version of the M-1 with a mine plow. and the MICLIC.

or the M-1126 Stryker with the anti-RPG fence around it.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  4. Thorvald of Lym

Thorvald of Lym A Little Sketchy

5. myroksoff

myroksoff Chieftain

yes but not with the slat armor. the M-60 version for the combat engineers is the M-728. still havent found that. i did find a V-22, but i havent tried it yet.

6. golden-era

golden-era Chieftain

Hi, I am trying to finish off my mod for civ 3 that seems like it has been going on forever. However, I would really like someone to make some kind of mad max biker style unit for one of the last scenarios (post-apocalyptic scenario)

There are no biker units available for download at all, and when I came to look for one to put in my mod i searched the whole database but couldn't find one anywhere.

Can someone pleeeeease make a biker unit?

7. Delta_Strife

Delta_Strife Deity

8. golden-era

golden-era Chieftain

not bad, but its got a side-car, was thinking of just a mean looking dude on a two wheel bike like a harley or something..

perhaps if the guys riding were skinheads and it were all brown and dirty looking it could be useful!

9. Deuskane

Deuskane membre of NOD Bortherhood

Unit leader requested :

Erwin ROMMEL => the best german commander because it's the great feldmarshall.

10. nick0515

nick0515 Fantasy World Builder

I'd really like to see some Modern New Zealand Defence Forces units.

Infantry
    http://www.army.mil.nz/nr/rdonlyres/8f4f2045-1429-4d83-89f7-4b1ef9879b44/0/wn08001797.jpg
    Ideally two versions of this unit. A Pakeha (White/European) and a Maori (native people of New Zealand) versions. The picture has a Maori and a Pakeha guy.

Main weapon used my NZ soldiers is the Assault Rifle - F88 Austeyr 5.56 mm Assault Rifle
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c9/AUG_A1_407mm_03.jpg

Also some infantry armed with Support Machine Gun - C9 Minimi 5.56 mm Light Machine Gun

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/be/M249_FN_MINIMI_DA-SC-85-11586_c1.jpg/800px-M249_FN_MINIMI_DA-SC-85-11586_c1.jpg

And with Light Anti-Tank - Carl Gustaf M3
    http://www.army.mil.nz/nr/rdonlyres/ab2ea566-cb4d-4c31-901c-fabc2e9b8c13/0/84mmcarlgustafm3tn.jpg

And also with Anti-Air - Mistral
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/58/Mistral-2.jpg

NZ has no tanks, but we have got the NZLAV Armored Fighting Vehicle
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ab/QAMR_vehicle.JPG/800px-QAMR_vehicle.JPG

And this Helicopter for the Air Force - Helicopters - NH90
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5c/NH90_NZDF.jpg

There are some other things I would like to request, but that is plenty for now. Also I realise this is a big ask, and most or all of these units are unlikely to get made. But you gotta keep asking right. I want them for my Revolution New Zealand scenario I'm working on.

Cheers

Nick

11. Gamemaster77

Gamemaster77 PC > Mac

I was hoping someone could make a new ICBM unit. With a new explosion and new launch and look. I need it to add as a hydrogen bomb.

12. Deth McBones

Deth McBones The Inconsistent Modder

Search for the R-7 ICBM that somebody made. It's really good. There is also an Atlas with an exceptional launch animation.

13. Gamemaster77

Gamemaster77 PC > Mac

I couldn't find one. Do you have a link?

14. Deth McBones

In the units subforum, one of the first sticky's is the "Unit Library." This very handy resource has almost all of the units made in the past few years, though not many new units. And they are all on one searchable web page. Go there and Ctrl-f for the Atlas or the R-7. Or scroll down until you hit the Modern units and there is an ICBM sub-section.

I'd give you the link, but...give a man a fish and so on.

15. Gamemaster77

Gamemaster77 PC > Mac

Oh. well (sorry I am lazy and not good at computer artistics) could someone re-color the ICBM so it is a differnt color, like yellow.

16. Cimbri

Cimbri Deity

Mid-19th Century Heavy Artillery

I/We could really use a couple of heavy guns for this era.

8-inch Siege Mortar
    Spoiler :

4.5-inch Siege Rifle
    Spoiler :

8-inch/200-Pounder Seacoast Gun
    Spoiler :

:)

17. Conan2002

Conan2002 Chieftain

I would like if someone create "Surcouf - underwater cruiser" see Wikipedia. Thank you

Attached Files:

18. Omni314

Omni314 Prince

can I have a futuristic unit, (its an easy one) i want some grey mist, to be a cloud of nanobots that will attack and stuff, just like any other unit really, aybe with some small lightning sparks around the cloud,

unit 2 a hot air balloon... alothough that sound like it may have already been done, i'll go check,

Edit: Well i couldnt find it, quite surprising

19. Deth McBones

20. Wolfhart

Wolfhart The Last in Line

I think I'll renew two unit requests I made about two years ago:

• I would like a modern Army unit, with mortars or howitzers firing as Attack1 animation to support the units loaded in the army. This animation plays whenever the Army is attacking and also when the Army is bombarding. This would simulate the Army's own fire support, like Corps, Division or Brigade artillery.
    • I would like a fantasy Army unit, with a wizard/sorcerer/mage/druid/some other magic dude casting spells in support of the attacking units in the Army.