1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unit Request Thread 3

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Plotinus, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Predator145

Predator145 Chieftain

Firaxis' tank is meant to be based on the M4 Sherman. But it looks like they tried to channel interwar vibes with the 1 man turret and gun. There are many Shermans out there but it's hard to make something as big as an armored vehicle blend in well with the rest of the game. So I'm reluctant to ditch the Firaxis version. I use it for a generic tank for what if civs while the Americans get an accurate Sherman as their tank unit. Can someone just slightly modify the Firaxis Sherman to give it a bigger turret and proper 75mm gun?

There are also many mortar units out there but all of them are of WW1 and WW2 era. A generic modern infantryman operating a mortar would be great.

2. Ozymandias

Ozymandias I saw the Great Library burn.

Would a Columbian Mammoth do in a pinch? :cooool:

(There's also a shaggy one HERE)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  3. wolf_66

wolf_66 Lone Civer

4. Predator145

Predator145 Chieftain

Is there an AOK Bombard Cannon somewhere? I can't find it through the search function. Yet I've seen the unit icon in one of the downloaded unit icon sheets.

5. Ozymandias

Quite a few AOK conversions were made, but I don't recall the Bombard - But I suggest going to page 22 of the Medieval Units d/l section and check out the 3 pieces by aaglo.

6. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

The thread to the medieval bombard by aaglo can be found here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/new-unit-medieval-bombard.83441/
    The old links at CFC to that thread are not working any longer. When trying to download that unit I received a warning message:

The unit still can be found in the mods CCM1, MEM and RAR (not RARR!). In CCM2.50 (including RARR) this unit is replaced by a unit created by imperator1961, resized by Wotan49 (and in CCM2.50 you can find some additional bombard units done by imperator1961 and resized by Wotan49).

Attached Files:

Predator145 likes this.
  7. Ozymandias

Not from the threads - I successfully d/l-ed all 3 of aaglo's Early Bombasts from that page, & they work.

Thorvald of Lym and Predator145 like this.
  8. Predator145

Predator145 Chieftain

Thank you gents. Is there also a way to get the original vanilla civ catapult and cannon graphics that had no crew?

9. Thorvald of Lym

Thorvald of Lym A Little Sketchy

As far as I know the expansions didn't touch the vanilla files, so all you need to do is tweak the .ini to point to the original path.

Predator145 likes this.
  10. Civinator

Yes, these graphics are still in the Civ 3 Vanilla units folder of Civ 3 Complete. :yup: Simply copy those units into the C3C units folder.

Predator145 likes this.
  11. Ozymandias

I confess to being curious - There are so many excellent, and graphically superior, units available ... ?

12. Predator145

Predator145 Chieftain

Don't worry, I use plenty of unit graphics:D. I try to give each culture group their own flavor versions. But for cannons I'd like to just keep it at one generic instead of having like 4 different variations. The morion wearing crew is a western european artillery trooper. That gives me OCD to find eastern european, middle eastern, american and eastern asian 17th century cannon units. I may do just that when I have more spare time. For now a generic looking cannon will do.

13. Civinator

Predator145, are you aware that most of these things are still existing in the inofficial C3C expansion CCM2.50 (frequently with a better adapted size and animation speed of those units) ? You can use this expansion as a base for your mod/scenario.

Predator145 likes this.
  14. Ozymandias

FOUND IT !

Predator145 likes this.
  15. Civinator

Yes, this is the old AOK bombard. :)

16. MeteorPunch

MeteorPunch #WINNING Supporter

17. Kirejara

Kirejara King

I have just discovered this proposed US Navy Carrier Submarine and I would love to have one:

http://www.hisutton.com/USN_AN-1_Submarine_Aircraft_Carrier.html

Afterthought: This could be a placeholder job for the Typhoon Submarine "Red October" from Delta Strife, since Submarines look normally very similar to each other and the Typhoon looks "fat" enought to double as an AN-1. ;)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  18. Predator145

Predator145 Chieftain

Utahjazz's Zulu Lion Warrior's download doesn't work. Does anyone still have that unit?

19. MeteorPunch

If it's the one I'm thinking of, I do. Not at home currently though.

20. MeteorPunch

Predator145 likes this.