Unit Request Thread 3

Hi Kirejara! I've been toying with an idea to make it a naval unit--an affordable replacement for an aircraft carrier for nations that historically did not have any.

you should perhaps make it an aircraft carrier that flies . Am positive El Justo's Vietnam has helicopters with two moves , can take off from town A , can load an infantry in town B and carry it town C , for a fight in the same turn . Could assist short ranged planes deploy afar .

and an even dumber r16 idea . lf you were to make it an air unit that can move , you could move it anywhere on the map , use it to carry one or two planes , each with 2 moves so that they could attack and load back on the tanker , which would then immediately press return to base , because it used to work in my trials but any spearman would destroy it if it was in any place where it could be attacked . Yes , Al would never use it , ever but who cares ? Only thing you would need to would be to find a way to limit the number of tankers to 10 and no more , because they are wont to disappear on the screen , as planes fortify or something and you would need the F3 screen with the units option , instead of city so that you could mouse click on it .

doesn't Anthony Boscia's 1989 have Russians set up that way ?

Has anyone made any dwarf/gnome/halfling cavalry? I feel that us fantasy fans are sorely lacking in short dudes on horses.

there is one dwarf cavalry , possibly by Aaglo or (in case am mistaken about the name) some other person who did all those dwarves that have been standart in fantasy scenarios . Tablet is very unwieldy and let me search ...

hmm , can't find by aaglo but there is one by LMR , possibly the one ı remember

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads12/DwarfCavalry.zip should be the direct link

which ı actually did but had trouble in checking those 40 or 50 dwarves . So , ı assume the 2016 version has fixed any mistakes ?

which ı actually did but had trouble in checking those 40 or 50 dwarves . So , ı assume the 2016 version has fixed any mistakes ?

Sorry, but I'm not quite certain what you mean ... ?

thinking it was Aaglo's , because when ı was trying to make some scenario back in the day and like practically downloaded 100s of units and were testing them one by one and ı would name it Dwarven Pony in my thing ı knew it existed . Possibly in 2013 or 14 . So , days ago ı started in the direction you have offered , was lost , returned and had to search forumwide and the zip/rar sizes are the same and the newer download page talks of a fixed file ?

OK - if you followed my directions, you would have found 40 or so "dwarf" units, mostly by aaglo - 3 by Bluemofio, and the "Dwarf Cavalry" by LMR.

The Dwarf Cavalry can be found at: Dwarf Cavalry | CivFanatics Forums. On that same download page, there is a replacement Death anim, and sounds. You just need to replace the "DwarfCavalryDeath.flc" in the main unit zip with the replacement, and also add the sounds into the "DwarfCavalry" folder.

I recommend downloading the Flicster utility for viewing .flc files; @Vuldacon added an update patch as well.

I've seen the Dwarf Cavalry by LMR, and it's a good unit. I'll use it in the fantasy mod I've been tinkering with, for sure. But, I'm concerned that my hobbits will get jealous, and resentful that they have to walk everywhere.

Also I'll have some evil dwarves in the mod (called duergar, from D&D). I'll be using Aaglo's chaos dwarves for them, but the bull centaurs and such don't fit for duergar. However, a chaos dwarf pasted onto a horse (or better yet a giant spider, which is what they ride in D&D) would be perfect.

I know I probably sound like I'm being picky. If I had the talent to make units myself, I would, but I've tried to learn several times and never figured it out.

Top Bottom