1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unit Request Thread 3

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Plotinus, Jan 9, 2009.

1. r16

r16 not deity

there was a later release of a pack by ı think Erebrus(?) which combined more modern units , like a Dwarven machine gun crew like in WW l . Don't think it has mounted units but might be useful if the times covered in the scenario are long enough .

2. Aethelend

Aethelend Warlord

Yup! Thanks to that pack, the little dudes will be packing heat. :ar15:

3. Aethelend

Aethelend Warlord

For reference, here is what I'm talking about when I mentioned duergar (evil dwarves) riding giant spiders.

4. r16

r16 not deity

assuming you already have the spider riding orc . People are doing stuff , if they have time they might replace the green part with a dwarf ?

5. Aethelend

Aethelend Warlord

Exactly what I was thinking. That would be perfect.

6. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

Hey, I hadn't heard of LeftMiddleRight in years. I wonder where he's hiding.

7. Fortis1

Fortis1 Prince

I've contacted him a couple of years ago. He was doing fine, just lost interest in civ. Left me working on 40k mod all alone.:cry:

8. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

*stares at screen*

9. Ozymandias

Ozymandias I saw the Great Library burn.

Oz picks up "team-tagging" the screen ... ;)

10. Fortis1

Fortis1 Prince

WH40k mod now misses only a couple of units. I have converted most of them from Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War computer game, but it has only aircraft and land units. The mod needs 6 more ships to be converted.

I found suitable 3d models for sketchup. I have no idea, if they can be turned into units, but still.

Eldar

Spoiler :
    upload_2021-2-14_13-9-40.png

Tau

Spoiler :
    upload_2021-2-14_13-10-16.png

A couple of things to note:

1) They are not needed to be spaceships. They have to be muffins-style naval vessels. For the reference.

2) I really need only renders. Other stuff, like palette and storyboards, I can easily do myself. I know, that that's the easy part, but still time consuming. If one can help me with renders only, it will be highly appretiate it;

3) Just an advise of how to make units from these models would be a great help. Maybe, I could handle it myself, if I can convert them to 3ds max. The problem is, these models don't have skeletons, when coverted, and I don't know how to make a skeleton yet.

Thanks in advance for any kind of help.

11. Ozymandias

Ozymandias I saw the Great Library burn.

Caveat: I'm not into WH40, but if one of those is a Tau Hammerhead, one can be found at - Tau Hammerhead | CivFanatics Forums

Also - if so - you can just go to the SF Units db section and enter "WH40" into the upper right hand corner "Search" box.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  12. Fortis1

Fortis1 Prince

Well, Games Workshop went lazy with Tau Navy design and, while they resemble their vehicles and aircraft, they are quite different and not interchangable at all.:(