"Unit Request Tournament" hosted by utahjazz7

Do you like the "Unit Request Tournament" idea?

• Yes

Votes: 42 97.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So it begins.

Okay. Well, the period for making requests has come and gone. I'd like to thank everyone who has requested a unit. There are quite a number of good requests here, as I was hoping for. :)

Today I will start going through the requests and decide which of them make the tournament field; the field will include at least eight requests. I'll post the selections when I have made them.

Thanks again to everyone who participated.

Yeah when you find out you should post them one at a time every ten minutes.

We're looking at a 16 request tournament. I have a preliminary top 16 right now. I'm actually in the process of refining the list right now. Once things are finalized, I'll post an announcement.

Tournament Field Set

After careful concideration and debating with the tournament selection committee, the 16 tournament finalists have been selected. Below you will find the names, in no particular order, of the requests who have made the tournament. The tournament pairings for round one will be announced tomorrow.

I feel bad about eliminating some requests from the tournament. It was difficult to make some of the decisions. Thank you to everyone who put in a request. And, congratulations to those requests which have made the tournament.

Tournament Field

Imperial Tagmata (rifleman)
Chakra Thrower (R8XFT)
U.S. Infantry (cubsfan6506)
Companion Cavalry (Keroro)
Kool-Aid (kulade)
Shienaran (CamJH)
Monkey Warrior (blue_monkey)
War Wagon (embryodead)
Soviet Infantry (Red Door)
Witch (Wolfhart)
Mayan Warrior (Sword_of_Geddon)
Indian Chariot (Virote_Considon)
Rogers Ranger (BadKharma)
Mayan Hunter (Spacer One)
SWAT (The Tuna Bomber)
Fusilier Marin (Steph)

I made it, I made it! :woohoo:

Thanks for putting me in the field, I'm pretty confident that my unit is the best request so far. ;)

Yes! One small victory for the Kulade man, but, many more steps to go!
:woohoo:
:bday:

Ahh... I choose to leave for a few days and everyone sets up these Unit lotteries. Ah well. Soviet Infantry seems nice.

I'm really torn. Virote edited his request to be for an Indian chariot after I posted my request. I really wanted to request one, but talked myself out of it because of all the comments I've heard about how difficult it would be to model one. I know of at least 3 mods where this could be of immediate use. If the monkey and the chariot end up head to head I may have to default.

Ding dong the Witch is... in! :woohoo:
That is a good line-up, anyone of these would be a worthy winner of the tournament. This tournament idea is good; it's actually quite exciting waiting to see who the witch will be up against! :)

Round One Pairings
Okay, I have the pairings done now. Here's how the match-ups were determinded. I went to www.random.org and used the list randomizer. I entered in all sixteen requests and had the website randomize the list. The first two listed face each other, the third and fourth listed play each other, and so on.

The sixteen requests are divided into four groups. The winner of group one will play the winner of group two. The winner of group three will play the winner of group four.

Group One

Monkey Warrior vs. Soviet Infantry

Shienaran vs. Rogers Ranger

Group Two

U.S. Infantry vs. Fusilier Marin

Witch vs. Kool-Aid

Groups three and four to follow.

Top Bottom