Unit Request: U.S Army Ranger

Read my first post...and if it troubles you too much ignore the last line. Im to lazy to add a comma :)~

I guess ill ask again...does anyone have any city improvements or wonders they could recommend that would be required before building special forces units.

nope just use it to replace the marine or paratrooper if we get a drop animation, the ranger is historiclly a paratrooper

beef his stats up a 'lill though

Perhaps 11/11/1 with paratroper abilities. That would make it usefull into the modern age. It would have to cost many more shields though.

As requested here is a default sample, he seems to be the right size now, default done BTW.

ETA: Next Wendsday.

I guess I gotta ad the gif eh ;) The frame rate seems to bee thrown off for some reason though...

Attachments

• default preview.gif
    default preview.gif
    7.1 KB · Views: 298
Originally posted by Mawfia1
I guess ill ask again...does anyone have any city improvements or wonders they could recommend that would be required before building special forces units.
in response to your first question I wrote
Originally posted by Kal-el
you can't use improvements as prereqs for units.

Attachments

• compare with para.jpg
    compare with para.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 240
lookin fine Vdog, mighty fine....

Could some one look at this sample flc and tell me if you think it loses too much quality when it is a flc? I think it is but before I try and fix it I want another opinion...

He does seem a bit grainer than in your preview here. That's not to say he looks bad[/B], just not as good as he did in the preview you posted here.
He also moves kinda fast, but maybe it's just me.
Good job otherwise. :thumbsup:

If your losing quality, it's probably a palette issue. I'd try that first. I'd remake/alter the palette. Then, apply the palette to the storyboard.bmp that the SBB creates. If that changes the look a lot, redo the palette until it doesn't. ;) Once that works, save the .bmp with the new palette. Then apply the new palette to your FLICster storyboard.pcx. Then, paste the storyboard.bmp into the storyboard.pcx.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: I looked at your trial animation, and the unit doesn't look that bad really. It looks like your light, bright tans are darkening though--palette problem I figure. Oh! Also, it said that there was a timing issue that could cause CivIII to crash. FLICster asked if I wanted to repair the file. Maybe you don't have the latest FLICster build? I dunno.

Top Bottom