Unit Request: U.S Army Ranger

Thanks Utah I'll try that :)

Ok, I had some pallete issues that I seem to have sorted out now. I wont be around this weekend so I cant work on it. I just have to render the animations now so It wont be too much longer. Here is what I will do after, its the "Mountain Troop" variation, Im gona give him a different gun but for the preview this one will do :). Any suggestions for this guy?

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 417
Looks great! :eek:

What kind of gun are you going to give him?

My only suggestion would be to lighten the pants a little but increase the contrast in the storyboard image to help show the details. They seem to get lost at Civ size.

Originally posted by Steph
Perhaps a white and grey cammo for mountain troops would be better

Well I guess its more of a forest troop then, theres a picture of the requests on page 3 I think.

its ment for Pine forest mountains. Deffinatly incresse contrast and lighten up the legs a bit. also deceses the size of the backpack a little bit it looks way to large for a mountain solider mabey lose it all together to distigush it some from the parartooper one. And the mountain one shouldnt have the paradrop action as it is ment to replace the Gurrilia unit.

Personally I like the "heavy look" gained by the backpack... I also believe it could been a bit lighter, but a grey/white, or perhaps sand/desert version in addition would be fantastic also.

Allthough an antenna sticking up of the backpack would be nice too...

I am very interested in what kind of gun you are giving him though, have you decided?

The paradrop action is IMO not that important, after all Balou is making a paratrooper so it won't be needed, and most importantly: I guess it's a bit harder to a paradrop animation (just my guess) and the unit would be delayed.....

the Americans should have 2 UU's. so should the Vikings. In PTW, they should also get the Longboat.
in my heavily-modded game, the Russians and the Chinese both have 2 UU's. their default one plus the Mig-21. England, Rome, France and Greece also have 2 UU's, the second being the EuroFighter.
________
Lamborghini Miura

Huge backpack is OK for mountain troops. Have you ever done some high mountain hiking? Do you go there with a small backpack?

I think the drop is important for Special Forces, as they are likely to go deep inside ennemy territory using paradrop.
It is less important for mountain troops, even if some paratrooper - moutain troopers exist.

Here is another picture of mountain troops. Of course, it's the parade uniform, and seldom used in combat, but I find it cool

Before I finish this off, how is this for Final flc quality? Do I need to make it better or is this fine?

Attachments

• default.zip
    37.6 KB · Views: 156
looks great can't wait for the Final version:goodjob:

A paradrop animation is always nice to have, that way people can use it for whatever they want rather than limiting them to one or two peoples views of how the unit should be implemented in game.

Depending on what program you are using it should be possible to use the same animations from the first unit to animate the second.

wow its nice to see that you´re finally are making a unit that will be completet:goodjob:. And it looks cool too:goodjob:

If you aren't going to finish the unit could you possibly consider posting the model that you have so far and letting somebody else finish it?

Top Bottom