Unit Requests: Steampunk

For time machine, looks like it is a Poser file; although it does have the .obj which can be used with any program. A few of the panel textures (jpg) are included, but are the rest of the textures in the cr2 or rsr files? Can't remember how Poser handles all this stuff. Or does it need to be textured?

Anyways, what is the use for this? Air unit? Land unit? I would need to know what animations to make for it. Default, Run, Attack?, Fidget (hits it with spanner), ??

And do you want the scout to be done as a sniper also or not? I won't finish it if you are looking for something else.

EDIT: For Karameneh, do you like something like this; I haven't altered anything here, but if you want something similar to the posted pic, it can be done.

EDIT 10-5-10:
Here is how I will make her I suppose. I am going to test how the dress comes out slightly transparent, as is in above pic (see how Civ3 handles it/or if it looks good in game). I just noticed she's an elf with pointy ears! Doh! More plastic surgery.

Re: Scout - usually a scout has no attack anims, so whether you want her to upgrade to sniper is purely up to you. I could arrange that she upgrades, if it helps any; I have that power (bwahahahahaha!!).....

Karameneh: is that one on the left a picture or a unit? It's a beauty. I hadn't thought of how she should look, so she's all yours to design, if you want. She's a seductress and assassin, which gives you lots of leeway.

Okay, I can render the scout with some generic attack animations.

As for Karameneh, I can make her look pretty close to the pic shown above. It is an AO unit I found, so it should be easy to make minor adjustments to it. I guess a knife would suit her well.

I hope to finish the Banth tomorrow. Some pics show the banth as greenish; most show it looking more closely in color to an Earth Lion; but I'm making it orangish (like a regular lion). But it can be made either way.

EDIT: will look something like this; I still will make some adjustments, but this might be the best I can come up with.

EDIT: Has been posted.

I sent you a PM polyphemus. Let me know what you think. The only thing was having different civ color in the Attack than the rest. I don't believe it should be noticable for the most part, tried to tweak the yellow civ colors to the right spots so they are the same.

** Updated Karameneh in post 343. I will give her knife; if you want her to use any other weapons; let me know Asap before I render her sometime today or tomorrow.

Karamaneh has been posted.

Coach, Stagecoach - should be pulled by two horses with Driver on top. We imagine that two versions are possible:

The first, a Stagecoach, is like the one you linked to with a driver with a wide brimmed hat & handy rifle. A long-haul Stagecoach had four horses.

The second is the same in Black, and the driver wears a top hat.

I would avoid Civ colors for either of these, except perhaps the scarf of the Stagecoach driver or lamps on the black Coach.

Often, the driver would wear a long coat, which would be a light beige for the stagecoach driver, and black for the Coach driver. Sometimes there would be an assistant driver, who would help with defense for the Stagecoach or as Footman for the Coach.

Okay, just to get it straight:

Stagecoach #1: pulled by 2 horses with Driver on top; driver with wide brimmed hat & handy rifle. Stagecoach colors just like in the pic (red, yellow wheels). Civ Color = scarf.

Stagecoach #2: pulled by 2 horses with Driver on top; driver wears top hat (more professional look). Stagecoach is black. Civ Color = lamps.

I can add assistant driver to both; defense for stagecoach, footman for coach.

Adding 2 more horses should be fairly quick and easy. I can do it for one or both as variation. Up to you.

EDIT: Not enough room for an assistant driver on model; see pic. Will leave him out and use just driver.
Spoiler :

Here's where it's at right now:

GD you're a fast worker, Tom! I can't get over how perfect that Karameneh is for the character. Good eye, spotting the Atlantica model. I can just imagine the little exclamation of surprise when someone googles that someday.

The coach looks great, but lacks definition (*blurs) somehow at civ scale. Is it possible to differentiate the colors a bit to, say, make the frame a slightly darker shade than the wheels and the door a slightly darker red etc., etc. Of course I'm in perilous territory here because I'm not familiar with the process and you might be thinking "well of course, dummy; I haven't shaded it yet" so take my observation with the block of salt it deserves....

*at my age, everything blurs a little...

The blur is probably from all the small details on the model. I have the renders set to as crisp as I can figure out how... only crisper method seems to be turning anti-alias' and filtering off, which ends up with complete ugly.

See if this does the trick:

Or with doors darker:

It's as big as it can get, otherwise it extends out of the Civ Circle too much; even right now it goes out a bit into other squares (20% maybe). I have already darkened the yellow undercarriage a bit more, but it's not shown in these.

BTW: the guy's scarf is too small to be seen for civ color... I'm thinking of just making the rear bar on the back-top of the Coach civ color.

Top Bottom