Unit Requests: Steampunk

It probably wouldn't be too difficult to modify the Water Buffalo to turn it into a Bison BTW.

Also, should be done with John Carter of Mars shortly (sometime today).

Only thing I need to do still is animate his gun attack (he ended up with quite a few animations; about 14 of them).

EDIT: The gun blast is fairly exaggerated :) but it is John Carter of Mars, and therefore having a tiny little gunfire would be no fun.

Oh No No No ! :) I only made the animation for the gunshot FLC, the rest are AO animations... we will find out my true worth when I get done with Dejah, since I am making all of those animations from scratch! (I'm almost scared)

John Carter has been posted. That's it from me on this cloud; can't deal with utter nonsense. I mean, I still say I'm too old to be a giant kick-butt robot. The horror of that statement. Perhaps I should be hung from a tree or something.

** Removed **

Moderator Action: Carrying private disagreements over moderator action into public is pdma. Posting something in such an oblique way as to provoke inquiries from the uninvolved only exacerbates the situation.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

It looks great anyway, tom. :thumbsup:

Ozymandias, what's happened???? You've changed your avatar!!! The world is going to end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're at the top of your game, Tom; I can't wait to see Dejah Thoris.

Bad news, guys. I've been unable to contact Balam-Agab for weeks now. I've tried PM'ing him and privately emailing him without success. The single image he sent me of the Alice that he was working on was exactly what we were hoping for:

http://a.imageshack.us/img256/7871/alicefidget.png

i.e., the American McGee Alice.

Has anyone else here been in contact with Balam-Agab, or know what's become of him? Please tell me that particular model can be found online somewhere....

Has anyone else here been in contact with Balam-Agab, or know what's become of him? Please tell me that particular model can be found online somewhere....

Don't worry I'm still around. I've just been extermely busy for the last little while. One of the files got damaged somehow so I have to re-do it and what little free time i've had no patience for doing it. Once i'm back at school next week i should have plenty of time to do it.

Don't worry I'm still around. I've just been extermely busy for the last little while. One of the files got damaged somehow so I have to re-do it and what little free time i've had no patience for doing it. Once i'm back at school next week i should have plenty of time to do it.

Glad to hear it. Very glad to hear that everything is ok with you, too, Bal.

You get to have more time when you enter school?

haha, i am swamped...havent been able to pump out that unit yet...still have palette issues...for some reason it always puts a white outline along the civ color regions in the unit...

haha, i am swamped...havent been able to pump out that unit yet...still have palette issues...for some reason it always puts a white outline along the civ color regions in the unit...

Sometimes that may happen if certain parts of the 'underwater' portions (2nd row) are used instead of the shadow colors (1st row). If you need, upload one of them and send it to one of us, and we can try to get the palette straightened out (or just to see what can maybe be done).

Either the "Smoke Shades" are being used as the Magenta Background or they are being placed immedaitely around the unit due to the Anti-Aliasing used when rendering.
Would need to see a storyboard or unit animation to know but either can be corrected to what you are wanting.

Hi, Can you make me 5 new units? That I need it for modding the game? Im making future mod game.

Light Infantry - Armed with Assault Rifle (Throws grenade first)

Missle Trooper - Armed with Stinger (Launches double missle first)

Grenadier - Armed with Plasma Grenade Launcher (Fires Plasma Flame first)

Cyborg - Armed with Dual Shotgun (Rapidly fires shotgun first)

Jump Jet Troop - Armed with Jetpack and Assault Rifle (Jumps in the air then fires at the target first) (stay in the air until the combat ends)

For the Stagecoach you need (this is link provided on first page), in different colors, do you just need a stagecoach by itself, or pulled by something? Does it need a rider?

Does civ color work for you for different colors, or do you need specific colors, and if so; what colors?

Do you have the Time Machine yet? I didn't see a link or pics to anything. Can't remember if one was made or not. I searched to see what one looks like, but not really sure what you are looking for.

EDIT: Also, do you need Gas Cannon to have a crew? If you don't, I can probably whip it up quickly for you along the lines of the pic you have. Probably works better without a crew, since the size becomes an issue extending into other squares.

And I have a unit that comes pretty close to the Scout pic you posted that I'll be done with soon. I'll make her a sniper as well per BM's post so you can use her for both. Preview is below: I have added an extruding goggle piece as you mentioned Blue Monkey, not shown below. EDIT: Scout has been posted.

Coach, Stagecoach - should be pulled by two horses with Driver on top. We imagine that two versions are possible:

The first, a Stagecoach, is like the one you linked to with a driver with a wide brimmed hat & handy rifle. A long-haul Stagecoach had four horses.

The second is the same in Black, and the driver wears a top hat.

I would avoid Civ colors for either of these, except perhaps the scarf of the Stagecoach driver or lamps on the black Coach.

Often, the driver would wear a long coat, which would be a light beige for the stagecoach driver, and black for the Coach driver. Sometimes there would be an assistant driver, who would help with defense for the Stagecoach or as Footman for the Coach.

Blue Monkey has the time machine model; he can advise to it's status.

Gas Cannon - doesn't need a crew, IMHO...

Edit: Nice scout. I'm sure we have good use for it.

The scout matches that pic above pretty closely (only civ scale difference is the pant color, which could be made tan), and that is the pic you posted that you said you liked after BM's scout/sniper information post.

EDIT: If you think it is better as something else, I won't take the time to finish the sniper unit (since it's the same with a rifle)... as was mentioned in BM's post.

Why not have a clockwork coach, like the one devised by Zacharias Martins in Lucky Luke's The Wagon Train? Or even the sail-powered one from the same book?
(sorry, I don't have a scanner and pics are hard to come by online)

Top Bottom