Units of the American continent

From: http://www.onwar.com/aced/data/charlie/chaco1932.htm

State Entry Exit Combat Forces Population Losses
Bolivia 1928 1935 100 000 4 000 000 80 000
Paraguay 1928 1935 80 000 800 000 200 000

... So 1/4 of all Paraguayans were casualties ...

-Oz

EDIT/PS sorry, couldn't get the columns to line up ...

-O.

Antiochus VII said:
I think that 200,000 was a typo as Paraguay won virtually every battle. I think it was supposed to be '20,000 casualties' to get the total of 100,000 combat losses total for both sides.

Ah. Having briefly scanned other sources, I believe you're correct :)

-Oz

friends, thanks for the infos about the Chaco War! that infos could be great to the civilopedia entry of this unit in ACM :)

@Bóreas: I hope post the Uruguayan Granadeer in some minutes. Look the ACm thread to see the previews. And the next challenge is the Riflero (Chilean Rifleman)

you seem to be really busy there
are you making units for venezuela and colombia too?

Bóreas said:
you seem to be really busy there
are you making units for venezuela and colombia too?

I did a Venezuelan cavalry days ago, it is named Prócer and it is present in this "library" :) For Colombia I didn't do, cos this nation is not present in the 1st version of ACM :) BTW, here comes a new unit

------------------------
Soldado de Blandengues
Download: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/Blandengues.zip
Civilization: Uruguay
Civilopedia entry: Not ready yet :(

Icon

Run

Death

Fortify

Victory

Attack

ozymandias said:
It looks like an outstanding, all-around Napoleonic infantry unit :) Is the blue the Civ color?

-Oz

thanks! The Latin American units look like European (and Napoleonic), cos they were all inspirated in this region, mainly France, Prussia, Spain and Portugal. All the great leader of these armies, like Simon Bolivar, San Martin and Solano López have studied in Europe too, bringhting to Latin America equal clothes, weapons and tatics :)

AWESOME!
Keep 'em coming!
:beer:
I'm gonna have some fun with these, although usually I just donload 'em and they sit around doing nothing for a long time before I use them. But I'll get around to it. Another fantastic unit (two units!)

Bóreas said:
AWESOME!
BTW, that is one fiery attack anim!

Pantsofpower said:
AWESOME!
Keep 'em coming!

I'm gonna have some fun with these, although usually I just donload 'em and they sit around doing nothing for a long time before I use them. But I'll get around to it. Another fantastic unit (two units!)

thanks fellows!!! :goodjob:

Riflero
Download: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/Riflero.zip
Civilization: Chile
Civilopedia entry: Riflero means Rifleman in Spanish. It was one of the Chilean units that fought against Bolivia and Peru in the Pacific War, disputing territories in the Pacific coast. This region is rich of gas and copper. Like result of this war, Bolivia lost its entire coastal region and Bolivia has big revenge feeling against Chile.

Icon

Run

Death

Fortify

Victory

Attack

Pikunmapu:, Mapuche UU. This native root used to live in the Artgentina and Chile present region.
Download: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/Pikunmapu.zip
Civilopedia entry: Pikunmapu is the name of the people of the northern part of the Mapuche region. One of the weapons that they had is this slinger. Mapuche were a powerful Native American root that defeat Incans, Spanish (in the time of Colonization) and just felt down against the Argentinian-Chilean alliance (Expansionist Time after the Independence time).

Icon

Run

Fortify

Attack

Death

Victory

Hummm, the Blandengues is thinner still, though. While I am not certain, me thinks they both wear the same hat?? "Dwarf-ish" yes, I think that explains it alright, although the unit is taller than it seems (even larger than the firaxis infantry) at first glance: Just somewhat to the fatty side, with the legs and upper body being too broad, when compared to their length...

Top Bottom