Unoffical Civ VI poll. Vote for your 3 civs you would most like to see. Part III : Middle-East

[Please read the description before voting] Which 3 civlizations would you like to see in game ?

• Akkad

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Assyria

Votes: 43 38.7%
  • Babylon

Votes: 68 61.3%
  • Cyprus

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Elam

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • the Hittites

Votes: 30 27.0%
  • Iran

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • Israel

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • the Latin States

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • One Latin state in particular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mitanni

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Nabateans

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Palmyra

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • Phoenicia

Votes: 37 33.3%
  • One phoenician CS in particular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Turkey (or the Seljuqs, of the Ottomans)

Votes: 62 55.9%
  • Yemen

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
This vote was a no-brainer for me. I voted Akkad, Assyria and Hittites
Akkad over Babylon? Especially when Akkad was essentially Sumerian-influenced proto-Babylon? :huh: I mean, sure, they have Sargon...but Babylon has a pretty good hoard of great rulers like Hammurabi, Nebuchadnezzar, Nabopolassar, etc.

I'm always in favour of something different we haven't seen before :) Maybe it'll inspire Firaxis to include them in Civ 7 ^__^

I'm always in favour of something different we haven't seen before :) Maybe it'll inspire Firaxis to include them in Civ 7 ^__^
Akkad isn't really different, though--they spoke Akkadian, their culture was essentially Sumerian with Semitic gods, and politically they were basically, as I said, proto-Babylon. They don't really bring anything we haven't seen before politically, culturally, or linguistically. In their own time, they were overshadowed by their more sophisticated Sumerian neighbors (who they imitated), and in the long term they were overshadowed by the brilliancy of their Babylonian and Assyrian successors. For something new from ancient Mesopotamia, the Amorites, Elamites, or even Mitanni would be far more distinctive. The Amorite language is poorly attested, but Elamite is well attested and the Mitanni leader could speak Hurrian. (And we totally need Ugarit, Byblos, Ebla, Tyre, and/or Sidon as city-states. Any of Ugarit, Byblos, or Ebla would be reasonable replacements for the Babylon city-state when Babylon is eventually added as a civ.)

Its about time I voted on this.

Babylon - Pretty obvious. I think all the civs from the first game should keep returning for all the future games and Babylon should definitely not be an exception to that.
Ottomans - Another no-brainer. Like Babylon its pretty obvious that they will get in the game sooner or later, but the importance of getting these 2 in can't be stressed enough.
Yemen - They sound like an interesting civ and would almost certainly have a nice theme attached. It also helps that it would give the Arabian peninsula a little more love and they have at least 2 great options for female leaders.

Honorable mentions: Basically the rest of the lineup. Many of them have great leader options and I wouldn't mind seeing the Middle East getting almost as full as Europe. Plus, the more ancient era civs we have the better.

I also have plenty of family members that prefer saying Persian over Iranian since they definitely aren't fans of the current government there.

I voted for Israel, Palmyra and Yemen, and by Yemen I meant the non-islamic one, especially the arabian kingdom of Sheba lead by Balkis

So Babylon, Turkey/Ottomans, Assyria, seem to be the most popular choices here. All have been in Civ before. After that it's Israel and the Hittites. Israel will likely not happen until the Palestine issue is resolved, so maybe the Hittites have a chance. Firaxis will need to do more research on them though.

Voted:

Turkey.
Babylon.
and
other: Oman.

Oman has always been a dream of mine. They were a huge colonial power in the Indian Ocean, and they would be a great change from only having European colonial empires.

Israel, because I'd love to see a jewish nation, focused on faith of course but also religion and loyalty. Could be fun to play.
Babylon: how someone could not love Babylon? Land of myths, mysteries, with his huge libraries? With a focus on science, great works on writing, and defense, it would be a neat complement of Sumer.
Phoenicia : I have a fetish about gold. Lot of gold. I loved Venice because I can amass outrageous amount of gold. Gold. Give me gold. And Phoenicia could give me some gold. GIVE ME GOOOOOLD !!!!

Top Bottom