1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: What new Asian civilizations would you like to see in the Civ franchise?

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by TahamiTsunami, Nov 6, 2019.

?

Which 5 never before seen civilizations from Asia would you like to officially see in the games?

1. Afghanistan

22.5%
  2. Akkad

20.0%
  3. Bhutan

5.0%
  4. Burma

32.5%
  5. Chola

15.0%
  6. Hephthalites

5.0%
  7. Judah

45.0%
  8. Khazaria

7.5%
  9. Malaysia

7.5%
  10. Nabataea

10.0%
  11. Nepal

12.5%
  12. Oman

17.5%
  13. Palmyra/Aram

20.0%
  14. Philippines

22.5%
  15. Sibir

2.5%
  16. Sikh

7.5%
  17. Sogdiana

5.0%
  18. Sri Lanka

17.5%
  19. Tibet

55.0%
  20. Timurids

32.5%
  21. Vietnam

75.0%
  22. Yakutia

2.5%
  23. Yemen

17.5%
  24. Other. Which one?

15.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. cultured barbarian

cultured barbarian Chieftain

tibet is a good civ to put in as it actually is a unique civilization, unlike many other options which are just countries/nations from a particularly cultural group which has already been represented, like oman/yemen which culturally speaking is basically arabia, no offense to ppl from those country. sadly, because having tibet in the game as a distinct civ will definitely anger china, it's never going to happen.

2. TahamiTsunami

TahamiTsunami Prince

Yeah, I was tempted to have separate polls for Asia and the Middle East to get a better feel of choices from each region but since the most recent previous polls have been similarly 'condensed' (such as the Americas poll) I thought I should do the same for now at least. I'd bet money that there will be future polls to divide the regions a bit more for the Middle East, Mesoamerica, etc.

Definitely agreed with wanting the Philippines! There are some good pre-Colonial leaders like Dayang Kalangitan (who's also a solid female leader) and Lakandula.

3. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I picked

Afghanistan because "Graveyard of Empires" would be an awesome UA.

Chola, for naval Indians.

Nepal, for Gurkhas and their Khukuri knives as an UU

Vietnam, because it's a long-lasting civ from SEA that hasn't been touched yet.

And Other: Pagan. It's an area that hasn't received a lot of interest yet.

4. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

My choices:

Afghanistan - I was thinking exactly the same reason @Eagle Pursuit said :p

Judah - Hebrew civilisation of some sort is long due.

Nepal - Again, what @Eagle Pursuit said.

Vietnam - Survived the Americans, the French, the Japanese, the Chinese, the Mongols... Would make a great turtle Civ.

Other: Mughal Empire - The Mughal Empire is the closest India ever got to unified Civ between the Maurya Empire and British Raj. At its time, the richest Empire in the world, with tempting leader choices like Babur or Akbar the Great, and they have some of the most beautiful architectural style in the world's history.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  5. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold King

Pagan was the first Burmese empire, though? I presumed everyone was including that under the "Burma" umbrella. I certainly do, at any rate.