1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unoffical Offical CFC Minecraft Server (In testing)

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by croxis, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Karalysia

Karalysia Deity

How do I install the town mod?

2. croxis

croxis Chat room op

You dont need to anything if you are playing on our server (other than grabbing an admin to register you). If you are running your own server you need to get the hey0 server mod, then install the Towny plugin.

3. Matt0088

Matt0088 Deity

First time on minecraft, and I gotta say, you've all done a great job with everything I've seen so far.:thumbsup:

I'll need to be registered too I guess.

4. croxis

croxis Chat room op

Ok, just grab me or Geno when we are on.

Also, one of the servers my brother is on put up a wiki: http://wiki.gawilson.net

You think it would be useful to do the same? I am more than happy to host it, however I am not going to have the time to maintain it much so I will have to depend on you guys for that.

5. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

I don't think we really need one that much. Not yet anyways.

6. Daftpanzer

Daftpanzer There may be more posts after this.

In the end I joined Minestaff, no disrespect to lord joakim or king kan...

7. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Where abouts is Minestaff?

8. Matt0088

Matt0088 Deity

North of Fanatica. The whole town has sprung up in under 40 hours. :) (Although not with any of my help, just now getting there)

9. remake20

remake20 :)

Due north of Fanatica. As of about two hours ago we have more population that civtown. We are coming along quite nicely as of now.

10. croxis

croxis Chat room op

Just a heads up to you guys. I made the mistake of upgrading my kubuntu install to natty. Java is no longer working and, somehow, my windows partition file table got scrambled. Right now I am restoring the file table and will need to reinstall kubuntu (not sure if I should stay with natty or fall back to maverick, or switch to ubuntu and see what the excitement is with unity). Right now I am stuck on a laptop that can not play minecraft. My hope is to be back up by tomorrow sometime (although I have a party in the evening).

Which brings me to the next point. We need another admin/moderator. Please PM me if you are interested. The role isn't too hard. Mostly when someone wishes to join the server you give them vip rights after they decided which town to join. I usually teleport to them to give them a good look over ;) The other thing I ask is you hang around in the cfc chatroom when you are available but not in game. That way people can request for you to home in and give them rights.

11. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

I don't think I'm available enough sadly.

Anyway I meant to post this here but I accidentally posted it in screenshots, but whatever here goes:

Here I named hills I found. Scarab hills, the signs should eventually show up on the interactive map for anyone who would like to claim this awesome spot. I mean, it could do a nice desert-theme on the ocean kind of thing. There is actually another spot southeast of it that's also good.

Spoiler :

12. Karalysia

Karalysia Deity

Whoevers the admin now, can u add me as a player?

13. Daftpanzer

Daftpanzer There may be more posts after this.

DISASTER: I accidentally broke the lava waste disposal system in Minestaff industrial complex. I am very sorry. Is it possible to fix? I presume croxis or one of the admins can spawn special blocks like lava?

On the plus side, I found some nice coal and iron deposits, and donated a load of glass, iron, and bricks to the community chest. I also brought back a load of wood from the burning forest of doom.

14. croxis

croxis Chat room op

Fixed my desktop (wasn't a bad file table after all, just a foobared boot sector)

Map now updated. Supports live player positions!

15. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

16. NedimNapoleon

NedimNapoleon Weird Little Human

Can you build as a guest

17. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

So, is everyone working together on the same map?

Is this sandbox.. or can people die to animals?

18. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

All of this is yes.

Except for dying to animals (critters and enemies), which aren't on the server right now. But in single player there are enemies, especially at night. They can be turned off though.

19. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

Ok, so you are building the world.. then if you wish, you can turn it into single player and have to worry about animals?

How is everything being build so quickly.. are you "cheating" as such..

20. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

The world exists and is procedurally generated, it pretty much has infinite size and builds itself as you explore it. But it's all natural. You have to harvest the blocks and craft them into other stuff or use them as is and place them in the fashion you want to build stuff. Building is rather fast, like legos basically. Not much cheating right now.