1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unoffical Offical CFC Minecraft Server (In testing)

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by croxis, Dec 11, 2010.

1. croxis

croxis Chat room op

The idea for a wall is that it needs to be able to keep bad guys, when pvp and mobs eventually are turned on, out of our glorious capital. Really the wall should be no more than 3-4 high and doesn't need to cover places like cliffs, as previously mentioned.

2. NedimNapoleon

NedimNapoleon Weird Little Human

joining, name same as this username

3. croxis

croxis Chat room op

Map added. Link in first post. Still rendering so, as of this post, only the closest zoom works.

4. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

I think the wall should be built a bit further down the cliff. It doesn't have to be built right on the cliff itself.

Maybe we can make a sort of "promenade" along the cliff behind the wall. We just need to do a lot of digging to shape the thing properly. It could almost be like a lower ring or lower ward, but not too big either, and with a law on how tall it can be built (so that the lower ward doesn't build as high as the mountain and beyond and hides the majesty of the upper town).

Just throwing ideas, but I think the idea of putting the wall down there and carving down the cliff might work.

Also, what does PvP entail? Can we destroy other towns or just hurt people? It would suck if we could just destroy other towns' buildings.

EDIT: Yay the map! It's pretty epic... It's just a little annoying that underground signs sort of show up on top, but I'm not sure how that map could deal with that otherwise really.
    EDIT 2: The signs seem to behave oddly, my signs don't even show up. Bah, minor qualms I guess.
    EDIT 3: I also noticed that South is in the upper right corner. When you generated the map I was confused until I realized it was upside down :O I guess that's how it works?

5. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

Seeing as how it only has to be like 4 blocks high, then its just as easy to have sections go down below the houses because on the sections we'll actually need it it still drops off 20 or so blocks (just slowly and are relatively climbable).

EDIT: Thanks for the map croxis, nice!

6. remake20

remake20 :)

I can't log on. Is the server down?

7. Angst

Angst Rambling and inconsistent

Aaand I'm in here as well, this is a thread subscription or whatever. :)

8. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    For anyone interested, who don't like the default textures, here is a link to the Paintery Texture Pack for minecraft. Don't like clouds? There's a special section in the customization to do exactly that.

9. Maniacal

I like clouds, just not in my basement.

Plus without them we can't have a Clouds in Mah Basement Anonymous meeting. (Who put that sign up anyways?).

Anyways going to use the pack, the customization options are sweet!

EDIT: Oh and I built (most, Rubrum can finish off the section in front of his house if he gets to it first once Croxis expands the town (or has not sure)) the wall in front of//along/below Rubrum and mine's houses. As well as a tower on the end with al adder in it (from the top to bottom) by the main south gate to the beach/spawn area.

EDIT: And I lowered it below the clouds and finished the wall! Thanks Croxis!

10. Karalysia

Karalysia Deity

Why doesn't my multiplayer work?

11. Maniacal

Hey Croxis, can you please expand the border a bit? I found some clay but there's some kind of invisible border bs right in front of it >_<

12. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

I like the clouds in the same way, looking forward for Notch's patch in the long-term. The group is for complaining about clouds away from the texture-pack wrath of Geno ;)

I have been busy last two days, looking forward to seeing what's up with the wall, but I don't want anyone building between the wall and my Cristo Redenthouse (south side)!

13. Maniacal

Don't worry, you have a HUGE patio now.

Party time? Garden time? Party in the garden time?

As long as it ain't no undergarden I'm happy.

14. croxis

croxis Chat room op

world border expanded by 50%

15. Maniacal

16. Daftpanzer

Daftpanzer There may be more posts after this.

Dear friends, I bought the game today, just paid a visit to fanatica and civtown, met Lord Joakim and Remake and had the honour of an audience with the great king Kan in the crystal throne room, as the sun was rising no less, all very impressive :D

I got lagged out but really need to sleep now. Thanks so much. I would like to visit the third town next time (I forgot the name sorry!).

One random screenie i captured:

17. mythmonster2

mythmonster2 BEC NOIR! RUN!

Just bought the game today: my name's mythmonster4, though, since the game was a gift for my brother. How do I get onto this server? I download the mod, then type in the IP Address? Where is the address anyways?

18. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

You don't have to download anything. Just type this in your multiplayer address thingie

croxis.dyndns.org

The mod is server-side so you don`t need anything.

19. Karalysia

Karalysia Deity

The lag is horrible and I am lost. Also where do I get resources and stuff from? It won't let me take anything because of some barrier.

20. madviking

madviking north american scum

I'm guadalupehidalgo.