Unoffical Offical CFC Minecraft Server (In testing)

I'll admit I spawned them, but trust me I don't go off spawning random things. I use the ability pretty sparingly.

Subscription, my user name is dakler

I'll admit I spawned them, but trust me I don't go off spawning random things. I use the ability pretty sparingly.

Honestly sparingly is too much; it really depends on how much you mean though. Don't take the following as offensive please.

The abilities should only be used in the uttermost necessities. For example, back when it was only Geno and croxis as mods, someone lost a freshly crafted diamond pick from the lag/disconnection. That would be rather frustrating, except that croxis understood the problem and used his mod powers to grant the dude a new pickaxe.

As a general rule, I think that mod powers shouldn't be proactive, but rather reactive if stuff goes wrong or something becomes unstable.

Really, no offense, but even though your stadium is really awesome, making the portal big because you can is almost a slap in my face since, well, I can't. And it's unnatural to the game, so I won't be able to, ever. I don't even think our town has a mod.

Does this meant I want you to tear your stadium or the portal down? Not really. It's just an isolated phenomenon, it's not a rule or a general problem, and we didn't express these thoughts towards you prematurely, you didn't know some of us felt this way; and under those conditions, of course anyone with a heart would think it's OK. I do, at least. Let it be. Just... Don't do it again.

I'm not sure how Kan feels about this though.

(Your stadium is really awesome btw.)

I'm not sure how Kan feels about this though.

Pretty much the same. Don't think I'm having a go at the people using mod powers - the stuff you've created has been awesome. Minecraft is all about the creation aspect, so I love seeing work done by players. I just think that, if we're using a mod that restricts where we can build, it's far more impressive to see structures created within those limitations :)

agree, for example the gold 'Fanatica' sign would be very impressive if I could believe those guys had actually mined all the hundreds of gold needed :p

Yeah I agree with pretty much all of this.

I didn't get to log on the server when the Fanatica sign had been put up, from quickly looking at the shot at first I assumed it was sand, is it really gold? Wait yes it is.

Geno what did you do? :) Wait doesn't it require like 9 gold ores to make one single block? I dunno I dug a whole lot and only found about 20 gold ores ( I was looking for diamond... which I eventually miraculously found after like a whole day of bad luck, and then my pick disappeared the next second I made it because of a server crash, but as it has been stated, Croxis gave it back to me, because, well, it was really necessary in this case, I think I would have left in disgust for good! ).

Okay, I understand.

I stand by the use of spawning for the FANATICA sign, as long as we don't go around making a whole bunch of them. As well I don't think if we pooled all of the gold we've all found together we'd have enough to make that sign.

I agree with keeping spawning stuff for other people to being reactive (except for the once a town monument) if they lose something due to server issues since people would prefer that and its only fair.

So when is the server going to be working again? I need my fix.
It wont be for a while since I think there's another update coming this Christmas.

any chance that server could run old version till then?

My computer just decided to screw itself up.. its now claiming I don't have java installed.. yet when I go to java's website, it refuses to download, citing a incomprehensible reason for doing so :(

I'm really not sure what to do :(

I've had that problem. Some Java stuff doesn't work for me so I was pleasantly suprised when minecraft did.

I'd suggest trying to find a big file to download, like the 'development kit' or somesuch, not the web-based installer which I never got to work. Other than that, my only idea would be to start fiddling with registry entries. Hopefully someone will give you better advice than that tho :)

Can't you uninstall Java to reinstall it or something?

And yes, key registry must be the key here.

key registry?

What happened was i tried to drag my "downloads" folder onto my rocketdock. I thought it would create a shortcut.. somehow it seems to have instantly deleted ALL downloads that folder contained, and screwed up minecraft in the process..

well thats fancy dock apps for you :( Think I'll stick to having a clutter of icons on my desktop :)

Anyone got a clue how to get a "downloads" folder back? currently everything just downloads to my desktop without even asking where I want it to go!

Top Bottom