Unofficial BTS 3.13 patch

The game needs a "and, no don't bother me again with thus question in nnn turns" option.

On a 18 Civ map, the amounts of open borders proposals you are constantly peppered with is ridiculous.

A "No, I won't open my borders, don't ask again until I propose it myself!" option is sorely needed. (If you feel it would be unreasonable for an enemy Civ to do this, consider it instead a command to your underlings to not disturb you with things you don't want to be bothered about)

I agree 100%. That would save loads of time...in single-player, you know when you want the open borders, so you should initiate the contact, not them.

Bah, I have the problem that when I create a colony I automatically declare wars I dont want.

After installing your patch I cannot create the colony I wanted to create anymore :(. Any suggestions because these both suck kinda :) Savegame attached.

Find a 3.13 mod which allows more than 18 civs. Without that, you can't create a colony which would make more than 18 civs total (including ones wiped out), without the problem of automatic wars and such. The unofficial patch eliminates the problem by eliminating the ability to "reuse" dead civs (which unfortunately inherit their previous incarnation's culture and relationships).

Update:
  • Privateers can only enter team members' or vassals' cities
  • Automated Workers will no longer idle in cities within 2 squares of a hostile border
  • Refixed Vassal/capitulation
  • AIs less likely to build Executives if they can't afford to use them or already have sufficient

Bh

Great! Thank you so much, it's very much appreciated... :)

FYI: You haven't updated the first post and therefore the versioning still says 01.08.

Bhruic, can you make it so automated workers NEVER build forts? If I need a fort bad enough I build it myself, and I think this would greatly increase the quality of automated workers.

This is one of the areas where I think personal preference comes into play. I know there are some people who would prefer that their workers never build forts. But there might also be people who are perfectly happy that their workers build forts. Changing it from one to the other just alters who's happy with the game, but doesn't really "fix" anything. So it's not something I'm comfortable doing.

With that being said, if you have examples of automated workers building Forts improperly (ie, building overtop of an improvement that's already correct for that tile), then I'll look into that.

Also, can I throw in your new dll and python scripts "mid-game" - or will that cause a problem?

There's no problem with doing so - just keep in mind that some fixes prevent bugs from taking place. If the bug has already taken place, it won't be fixed for that game.

Bh

I know the bug where the A.I. would ask for resources it already had for trade was fixed, but I've noticed they'll offer resources I already have in trade, and this is pre-corporations, and they aren't even corp resources. I'm playing on a forest heavy map, and everyone has multiple dears (I have 15+), but whenever I get a new extra resource one or two empires want to trade dear to me.

So you have deer, and they are offering it to you in trade? Hmm, I haven't seen that myself, but if you've got a save with that taking place, I'll have a look at it.

Bh

Yes, Bhruic MANY thanks! I too was at the point in a game when the capitulation/vassal issue was about to become important, but held off asking when this latest update would arrive because I feared it would seem like putting pressure on you. I'm saying this now because it emphasizes what I am sure so many civvers feel: a deep gratitude to you and all your work. It's impossible not to look forward to the next instalment!

I also appreciate your good judgement in what you decide not to do; things that are largely a matter of personal taste (despite the fact that one can see why a person may prefer one or other option) are perhaps best be left out of a patch. So THANK YOU! :goodjob: !!!

Bhruic, just a mega minor point: in your readme file you have "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilizations 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll", which should read "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll"; that is, there's no 's' at the end of Civilization in 'Sid Meier's Civilization 4'... I only say this in the highly unlikely event that anyone should be caused to wonder, but I'm not sure it really matters!

Bhruic, like with another game that had far more problems than this one, you have excelled yourself with fixing these bugs that should have been caught in the first place by the developers.

Thanks mate for all the work you have done thus far to make cIV a better experience.

Am I the only one who experience the game not remembering some of the game settings from prevous games (agressive AI, random seed, etc.) when a new one is created?

If not, could this be fixed as it is rather annoying?

Thanks for a great piece of work!! You're the :king:

\Skodkim

With that being said, if you have examples of automated workers building Forts improperly (ie, building overtop of an improvement that's already correct for that tile), then I'll look into that.
automated worker will do that outside of the fat crosses, if they haven't left anything else to do.

Am I the only one who experience the game not remembering some of the game settings from prevous games (agressive AI, random seed, etc.) when a new one is created?

If not, could this be fixed as it is rather annoying?

I guess yours is another case where the game creates a new .ini file without need that's lacking some entries, like these settings. I have this problem too, and have seen a few other reports here, but not many seem to have it. It's also not something that was introduced with 3.13 or even BTS though, so I doubt Bhruic will address it.

When you have a proper CivilizationIV.ini file, make a copy of it so that you can replace the newly created one after every Civ IV session, so that you have your settings in the next session. You might still lose them when you start a new game during a session though.

So you have deer, and they are offering it to you in trade? Hmm, I haven't seen that myself, but if you've got a save with that taking place, I'll have a look at it.

Bh

I don't have a save game, unfortunately. Last night I had a civ offer me Deer in a trade. I accepted. Immediately after closing the trade window, I had another trade window from another civ pop up offering me deer again. When I clicked "negotiate" the Deer was removed from the trade table and became red on that civ's resource list.

Thanks for all of your work, Bhruic!

I don't have a save game, unfortunately. Last night I had a civ offer me Deer in a trade. I accepted. Immediately after closing the trade window, I had another trade window from another civ pop up offering me deer again. When I clicked "negotiate" the Deer was removed from the trade table and became red on that civ's resource list.

Thanks for all of your work, Bhruic!
If I am not mistaken, that is a case where both civs decided to offer you deer during the interturn (when you still had it), so both offers were queued up. You accepted the first, but the second offer was till scheduled, so it popped up, too.

This will happen with war declarations, too: Party A asks you to join them vs Party B - you accept. The next window is Party B (whom you are now at war with) asking you to join them vs Party A.

I always wondered what would happen if you said yes. . .

Bh

I probably do since I save every turn, but it will be very had to find, because I save every turn. I can probably create one by destroying my coal mines and rebuilding them.

I guess yours is another case where the game creates a new .ini file without need that's lacking some entries, like these settings. I have this problem too, and have seen a few other reports here, but not many seem to have it. It's also not something that was introduced with 3.13 or even BTS though, so I doubt Bhruic will address it.

When you have a proper CivilizationIV.ini file, make a copy of it so that you can replace the newly created one after every Civ IV session, so that you have your settings in the next session. You might still lose them when you start a new game during a session though.

I have actually noticed that it does this - strange!! :crazyeye:

\Skodkim

Top Bottom