Unofficial BTS 3.13 patch

Bhruic, if you get a moment could you take a look at my thread regarding vassals and their resources available for trade:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=247004

On a different topic, has anyone else seen the continued galley and caravel spam by the AI? I think this was also present in vanilla BtS, but it's deffo still there in 3.13. Basically, you'll sail past an AI costal city and see maybe 10-15 naval units just "sitting" there doing absolutely nothing. I'm not sure why the AI needs all these naval units, and can only imagine that it's costing them lots of money.

Bah, I have the problem that when I create a colony I automatically declare wars I dont want.

After installing your patch I cannot create the colony I wanted to create anymore :(. Any suggestions because these both suck kinda :) Savegame attached.

Attachments

• Floris of Sparta Pacts.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1,014.5 KB · Views: 62
I have a problem that when I start a game, I don't always win in the end. Can this be fixed with the unofficial patch?

I successfully downloaded the 3.13 patch, but not Bhuric's two supplemental patches.

I placed them in my assets directory. Was that my mistake?

How should I apply those patches?

I have a problem that when I start a game, I don't always win in the end. Can this be fixed with the unofficial patch?
maybe you should try harder :lol:

you mean time victory even if you are first in rank?

@Tyrant Roger:
put dll file to bts/assets dir. backup original 3.13 dll file

I have a request for a tweak, and I'm guessing it would probably be done in the C code: It would be cool to move all the Privateer blockade messages to the beginning of the log. As it is now, they're always occurring last, and when I have lots of blockading Privateers I need to go check the event log and scroll waaaaay down to see other notifications I care more about. Maybe if we end up having agreement on this issue then it could be added to the patch. Thanks!

I know the bug where the A.I. would ask for resources it already had for trade was fixed, but I've noticed they'll offer resources I already have in trade, and this is pre-corporations, and they aren't even corp resources. I'm playing on a forest heavy map, and everyone has multiple dears (I have 15+), but whenever I get a new extra resource one or two empires want to trade dear to me.

I have a request for a tweak, and I'm guessing it would probably be done in the C code: It would be cool to move all the Privateer blockade messages to the beginning of the log. As it is now, they're always occurring last, and when I have lots of blockading Privateers I need to go check the event log and scroll waaaaay down to see other notifications I care more about. Maybe if we end up having agreement on this issue then it could be added to the patch. Thanks!

Along the same line of thinking, it would be nice if vassal/capitulation/peace/war messages came out in order. This has always bothered me.

If someone capitulates, it would be nice if that came up first, and then the resulting peace/war declarations afterwards. Half the time, I'm guessing who became who's vassal by the huge parade of war declarations. It seems to come out completely backwards.

Same goes for an Apostolic Palace war declaration. Everyone declares war, and then it tells you about the vote. Seems backwards to me.

There are other examples as well if I thought hard enough and kept a list. These two are the most annoying IMHO.

Bhruic, can you make it so automated workers NEVER build forts? If I need a fort bad enough I build it myself, and I think this would greatly increase the quality of automated workers.

Also, can I throw in your new dll and python scripts "mid-game" - or will that cause a problem?

Bhruic, can you make it so automated workers NEVER build forts? If I need a fort bad enough I build it myself, and I think this would greatly increase the quality of automated workers.
just make sure that the AI still does build forts where it is sensible to do so ;)

I know the bug where the A.I. would ask for resources it already had for trade was fixed, but I've noticed they'll offer resources I already have in trade, and this is pre-corporations, and they aren't even corp resources. I'm playing on a forest heavy map, and everyone has multiple dears (I have 15+), but whenever I get a new extra resource one or two empires want to trade dear to me.

Maye they want to trade Dear to you because they're so fond of you?

Seriously though, if they want to trade a ton of excesss DEER for some special resources what's wrong with that? They're probably hoping you'll take something everyone has excess of out of the kindness of you heart. When I had Ghandi as a Vassal he desparately needed happiness resources. The only thing he had excess of was cows (ha! ironic isn't it?), so that's what he'd offer.

The game needs a "and, no don't bother me again with thus question in nnn turns" option.

On a 18 Civ map, the amounts of open borders proposals you are constantly peppered with is ridiculous.

A "No, I won't open my borders, don't ask again until I propose it myself!" option is sorely needed. (If you feel it would be unreasonable for an enemy Civ to do this, consider it instead a command to your underlings to not disturb you with things you don't want to be bothered about)

Bhruic, do you have an ETA on your next release? I'm at a point in my current game where the vassal/capitulation releasing problem will make a big impact. Just wondering if it will be sometime real soon or days away. Thanks!

Update:
  • Privateers can only enter team members' or vassals' cities
  • Automated Workers will no longer idle in cities within 2 squares of a hostile border
  • Refixed Vassal/capitulation
  • AIs less likely to build Executives if they can't afford to use them or already have sufficient

Bh

Update:
  • Privateers can only enter team members' or vassals' cities
  • Automated Workers will no longer idle in cities within 2 squares of a hostile border
  • Refixed Vassal/capitulation
  • AIs less likely to build Executives if they can't afford to use them or already have sufficient
Bh

:woohoo:
Looks like a great time to take the 3.13 plunge, with this update and the new 3.13-compatible release of BUG.

Top Bottom