up to 55% off on Steam right now if anyone's interested (30% in US)

Waywocket

Warlord
Per title, BE is currently on sale for the next 48 hours - apparently it's less than 55% in some regions though(?)

30% here in Canukastan.
At least I got it 20% of at release.

I saw 30% off in the US. Some people in the US got that discount on the preorder (although 25% off was much more common).

Moderator Action: Thread title edited to eliminate confusion

Hey look I can get it for $63 USD instead of its normal $ 90 USD. </sarcasm>

I got mine on release with a GMG voucher for just £22.50. Currently with 30% off its £20, so I only paid a little extra.

And yea I've stopped playing the game. Waiting for it to be fixed.

I don't mind a 30% off sale, as all games eventually drop in price, but... 30% off after only a single month? That just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I can't wait for the day when someone decides to sell a brand new game for $385. The game would go on "sale" for a dollar less everday until it reaches $20 a year later. The company would make a killing. Reputation probably won't be lost, as I bet there would be a lot of people ready to defend these kinds of practices.

Does the game being 20%-30% off before it was released leave a bad taste in your mouth? Does practically everything in a department store being potentially on sale every week seem unfair? Sorry, I just don't understand what the issue is.

Damn, it's pretty damn rare that a non-indie game released a month ago from a major company would be on sale. Especially 30% or more off. Even 10% off would be odd.

Sales have pretty clearly not been what Firaxis expected. This also bodes extremely poorly for expansions.

It's like I've said before: Beyond Earth isn't the spiritual successor to Alpha Centauri. it's the spiritual successor to Civ IV: Colonization.

Damn, it's pretty damn rare that a non-indie game released a month ago from a major company would be on sale. Especially 30% or more off. Even 10% off would be odd.

Sales have pretty clearly not been what Firaxis expected. This also bodes extremely poorly for expansions.

It's like I've said before: Beyond Earth isn't the spiritual successor to Alpha Centauri. it's the spiritual successor to Civ IV: Colonization.

The Evil Within is 66% off, released on 10/13/14.

Tales From the Borderlands is 10% off, released 11/25/14.

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is 17% off, released 10/14/14.

These are all pretty big titles, all released recently. Just pointed out BE isn't the only recent game on sale, and isn't discounted as heavily as others. The Telltale Games Borderlands game just released YESTERDAY and has a 10% discount, which you cited would be odd. My point is, not as odd as you'd think apparently.

I don't mind a 30% off sale, as all games eventually drop in price, but... 30% off after only a single month? That just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I can't wait for the day when someone decides to sell a brand new game for $385. The game would go on "sale" for a dollar less everday until it reaches $20 a year later. The company would make a killing. Reputation probably won't be lost, as I bet there would be a lot of people ready to defend these kinds of practices.

That will never happen. Computer Games are going for the same prices they were over 20 years ago.

BNW was also something like 33% off right after release. As far as I know, that had nothing to do with how well it sold. And I'm pretty sure BNW isn't the spiritual successor to Civ IV: Colonization.

Glad people are able to get it at a discount, just in time for the holidays and the patch soon to arrive! I got min 25% off and got the pre-order bonus maps so I am totally fine with a discount. Many Firaxis titles go on sale early, I seem to recall X-COM EU going on sale within a month or two after release as well. I think a lot of it has to do with the publisher, and 2k games seem to be quick to discount. Why is this a bad thing that people need to complain about it. Are they totally new to the video game market??

The Evil Within is 66% off, released on 10/13/14.

Tales From the Borderlands is 10% off, released 11/25/14.

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is 17% off, released 10/14/14.

These are all pretty big titles, all released recently. Just pointed out BE isn't the only recent game on sale, and isn't discounted as heavily as others. The Telltale Games Borderlands game just released YESTERDAY and has a 10% discount, which you cited would be odd. My point is, not as odd as you'd think apparently.

It's like Christmas is coming or something....

I don't think this discount means any thing about Civ:be success or failure. This is Black Friday sale on steam, and if you check, you will see ALL games on sale for next two days. instead of complaining and moaning all the time, some people here need to check their calendar sometimes or at least come out of their basement every now and then.

Top Bottom