Attachments

• SdKfz 184 Elefant.gif
    SdKfz 184 Elefant.gif
    101.5 KB · Views: 1,657
  • SdKfz 184 Elefant.jpg
    SdKfz 184 Elefant.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 875
A beautiful vehicle ripptide :thumbsup:

I told them not to smoke near the fuel tanks but noooooooooooooo.....

:lol:

:lol: cool

Has anyone made a Maus?

sorry bout that W.I.N.T.E.R, pretty well forgot about them. I'll be away all of next month but I'll try and keep them forward on the list.

Old time favorite. I like the new tweaks you've done.

I must ask what's the best way to put these Tank destroyers in th egame.
Normally they are a sort of tanks, but perhaps more of the defensive type.
Civ3 doesn't have that extra for units to be effective against certain types of other units.
So what are you folks different solution on this issue ???
Please setup how you treat normal tanks vs tank destroyers and I will be happy to compare.

Cemo

PS Just another super unit Ripptide. Armor units are your thing (well aircrafts too for sure). Love to see more ....

Slightly higher attack than tank counterpart (tank destroyers often had larger calibers than their normal, turreted versions),

Lack of the turret also affects defence: Slightly lower defence than tank counterpart, as once spotted the unit is at a disadvantage,

Higher Speed (lighter) makes this unit a prefect attacker: More movement points than tank counterpart,

Less Armor Protection Costs one Hitpoint relative to the counterpart,

---

Misc.: Take away Blitz?

How would these adjustment affect the AI choice ???

Wouldn't be nice to see whole armies of Tank destroyers and no niormal tanks eh.

Have you tried this out ??? I haven't played SOE in awhile so I don't remember how it was setup in that mod. I remember that the AI usely pick a 5-2 units for offense and a 2-5 units for defense, and leave that 4-3 ondone.
(The 4-3 in this case the Tank)

Never mind my crazy values, it's just a point of course.

Cemo

PS Rhye did you make that Challenger II that I slightly remember you mentioned. The old Challenger II is a bit old as I'm sure you know what I mean. Your Challenger I was outstanding.

Very nice unit! :)
W.i.n.t.e.r said:
Higher Speed (lighter) makes this unit a prefect attacker: More movement points than tank counterpart
Far from all tank destroyers were faster and lighter than regular tanks, I think that they should have less movement points than regular tanks...
But that's just me and i could be wrong... ;)

Reno said:
Looks good. Is this the one that had only the main gun and not a machine gun?

Yup, that made it quite vulnerable, the friendly infantry couldn't stay close enough because the elefant couldn't keep the enemy infantry at bay and it's huge 88mm gun wasn't effective for destroying machine gun nests.
It was very good at taking out tanks at huge distances though, but sucked at close combat, as soon as the enemy infantry got close enough it was done :)
Some info from AchtungPanzer:

During the Kursk offensive until November of 1943, Ferdinands from sPzJagAbt 653 destroyed some 320 Soviet tanks and lost 13 Ferdinands, while entire 656 sPanzerjager Regiment destroyed some 502 Soviet tanks and 100 other vehicles. Ferdinands proved to be very effective when employed behind the lines.
"On the first day of action, we successfully engaged bunkers, infantry, field and anti-tank artillery positions. For three hours our guns (Ferdinands) fought in the cavalcade of enemy fire and proved to be immune to enemy fire !. In the evening of the first day, first enemy tanks were destroyed, while others retreated. Crews of field and anti-tank guns run away after firing few uneffective shots against our guns (Ferdinands). In first engagements our regiment (656 sPanzerjager Regiment) destroyed numerous artillery positions, bunkers as well as 120 enemy tanks..."
Elephant proved to be very effective weapon when operating at long range, for example one Elephant knocked out Soviet T-34 at the range of 4.5 kilometers. Overall, Elephant was a very advanced design, which proved to be a superb defensive weapon with an enormous firepower.
So I guess it's better at defense then attack, it was painfully slow too :)

Top Bottom