Upgrade to Ver 3.17 BTS ASAP

I opened the AD-1210 save provided by Gyathar in this thread. It is updated to version 3.17. I cannot open the Ad-1210 save in the gameplay turnsession provided by Dutch. It was played with the old 3.13 version. If Vandal can open both I would suggest him play with the one Gyathar provided. If he has upgraded to 3.17 then it would explain alot and my argument is mute.

I can play 3.13 still so it doesn't matter to me whether it is 3.17 or 3.13.

I'm not sure which save he opened, but he has the ability to open both.Looks like we're good to go!

THANKS GYATHAAR!!!!​

Thanks Gyathaar! :thumbsup:

I haven't opened the new save yet, but I plan to patch this week, so I'll be able to play in either version.

I'm not sure which save he opened, but he has the ability to open both.Looks like we're good to go!

THANKS GYATHAAR!!!!​

If he plays the one in this thread then I should be able to open the next TC save.

Thanks Gyathar!

He should definitely play the 3.17, else we'd have to ask Gyathaar again.

actually, going from 3.13 HOF mod to 3.17 hof mod is easy (since the hof mods are written to be backwards compatible) as long as the save is unlocked.. (if the save is locked, or you try to go the other way it is however far from trivial :p)

all you have to do is open the save in a hex editor (like XVI32 as I am using) and change the mod path early in the save:
from
Mods\HOF-3.13.001\
to
Mods\HOF-3.17.001\
and save

actually, going from 3.13 HOF mod to 3.17 hof mod is easy (since the hof mods are written to be backwards compatible) as long as the save is unlocked.. (if the save is locked, or you try to go the other way it is however far from trivial :p)

all you have to do is open the save in a hex editor (like XVI32 as I am using) and change the mod path early in the save:
from
Mods\HOF-3.13.001\
to
Mods\HOF-3.17.001\
and save

Thanks for the advice Gyathaar but I have little modding experience and I have no idea what a hex editor is :confused: . If he plays the save that you provided and all further TC players upgrade to 3.17 then we are good right?

Very nice, Gyathaar, thanks again. :D
:thumbsup:

Cheers Gyathaar. :goodjob:

Thanks for the advice Gyathaar but I have little modding experience and I have no idea what a hex editor is :confused: . If he plays the save that you provided and all further TC players upgrade to 3.17 then we are good right?

I believe you are correct in your assumption, Regent Lord Civius.

Top Bottom