[Urgent]New rule request

r_rolo1

King of myself
Moderator Action: There was a team that contacted me today about a issue with the pathfinder algorithym that allows to discover a lot of spoiler info ( like where are cities in the fog, where are hills and water and some more stuff ) and asked to give a ruling about that.

As this usage of the pathfinder is untraceable and given the nature of this game ( a competition ), I think that simply disallowing it without explaining the situation would be a bad idea and would be better to ask for a commitment by the part of all the teams to not use this, given that the admin and the current mod are unable to prevent that exploitative usage :/

So I would ask that all the teams would say of their justice. I can provide screenshots and/or alreayd posted explanations on the issue if needed. And as a personal preference , i would prefer to disallow it .p

I dont know what is this but i dont understand why we would discuss about such cheat?

That's like we discuss if it's allowed to load save of others civ.

Unless i am missing a point.

Moderator Action: Ok, I could had been more clear. My point is that, because it is impossible to me or to anyone else at this point to correct or even to police this issue, I wanted to have a commitment on the part of the teams that it will not be used ( say like the tacit agreement there was on the espionage issue and others ). Otherwise I can forbid with all of my lungs that it will be moot, because there is no way to enforce it ...

I also posted the above to give explanations about the issue if someone wants them. The intel on the pathfinder shenanigans is public and posted ( atleast on CFC ), so there is no issue to keep a secret out of it ...

I also posted the above to give explanations about the issue if someone wants them. The intel on the pathfinder shenanigans is public and posted ( atleast on CFC ), so there is no issue to keep a secret out of it ...
Sorry, but if it's so terrible and untraceable, why are we telling anyone about it? :crazyeye: Anyone who would do this will do this regardless if we tell people to play nice, and anyone who's decent enough of a person not to use this won't use this and will have less temptation to anyway. Least said soonest mended imo.

Spanish team is fine with not using this exploid. Its really not very big deal, but anyway If you do not want to use it, its fine for us.

Civfr position is the following :
This case is covered by rule 2f. That is to say, it is forbidden, as it is an exploit (at least r_rolo1 seems to consider it as such, and he is the admin).
Rule 2f said:
Bugs and Exploits - The use of any bug or exploit is not allowed. The decision about exactly what constitutes a bug or exploit rests solely with the admin. Consult with the admin if any action you are considering may be a bug or exploit.
The fact that this usage of the pathfinder is untraceable doesn't matter. As said on another thread by someone else, we are teams, and so to cheat all the members of the team must accept to cheat. It's rather unlikely.

Civfr position is the following :
This case is covered by rule 2f. That is to say, it is forbidden, as it is an exploit (at least r_rolo1 seems to consider it as such, and he is the admin).

The fact that this usage of the pathfinder is untraceable doesn't matter. As said on another thread by someone else, we are teams, and so to cheat all the members of the team must accept to cheat. It's rather unlikely.

Manly words. I support that :thumbsup:

I, as Apolyton's current turn player, have no idea what is this exploration exploit is about so whatever.. let's dissallow it.

No prob, I can explain. Well, it basically resumes to the fact that the pathfinder algorithm sees the map without fog and that some of the intel that normally is hidden in fog appears in the UI ( say, the path chosen by the pathfinder in the dark is influenced by the defensive bonuses ( the code makes that it chooses a path that maximizes those defensive bonuses out of the same number of turns possibilities ) ,it reveals accessible terrain ( the good ol'work boat pathfinding through water even if you can't see it ) or even might suggest you to fortify in a black fogged city ( if your unit can fortify ) ). It is not a serious thing per se, but this is a Pitboss competition game, where the players have both the time and the incentive to get all the advantages they can, and knowing where the enemy cities are before you can explore that area , or knowing your landmass form, can create minor advantages that snowball out.

Moderator Action: So, with admin hat again, I declare that using the pathfinder to get otherwise hidden in black fog intel is forbidden.

RB is in favour of banning the use of this exploit.

WPC agrees that this exploit should not be used and would reasonably be said to fall under 2f anyhow.

Top Bottom