Use bicycle helmets!!!

AL_DA_GREAT

amour absinthe révolution
I bicycle to school every day and I never wear a helmet. I never thought some thig would happen but last week I fell. I broke my nose, got a concousion (can't spell it) ripped of a lot of skin. my head swelled up so I looked hilarious. I had to have bood sucked out of my nose (not nostril) with a needle. If I had a helmet none of this would have happend. please use one.

AL_DA_GREAT said:
I bicycle to school every day and I never wear a helmet. I never thought some thig would happen but last week I fell. I broke my nose, got a concousion (can't spell it) ripped of a lot of skin. my head swelled up so I looked hilarious. I had to have bood sucked out of my nose (not nostril) with a needle. If I had a helmet none of this would have happend. please use one.
Yeah but prior to that you looked cool. Now, with no helmet, you look stupid.

I'll take the risk not to look stupid.

Any cyclist who does not wear a helmet in Toronto is asking to die.

Meh, dont bother- looking silly for a lifetime isnt worth it.

Jus yesturday i flew of my bike when the chain came off - knee, thy, bumb, shin all ripped by the tar mack to ****.. but it will heal. pics coming :) :yuck:

I use bicycle helmet always when I ride that nut-mangler.

I've heard this saying, which I agree with:
"A bicycle helmet might feel uncomfortable, but so does a fractured skull."

well, see - a cool death makes you look jsut as silly as a helmet - maybe more so. So: use a helmet!

AL_DA_GREAT said:

The bicycle helmets I'm familiar with wouldn't prevent a broken nose.

But yeah, stupid people don't wear them, I'm assuming because their brain isn't worth protecting.

Rik: it is true that in some places you are safer than in others. But I know someone who got wlaked into by a pedestrian while waiting for the bike light to change, fell over, banged his head on the curb - lucky him he wore a helmet!

Where I live, biking is so common that it looks stupid NOT to wear one.

I have a plain white bicycle helmet but it makes me look like those um "mentally restricted" kids that have bicycle helmets so that they don't crack their head open if they fall down or bang their head against the wall for some reason.

I should at least paint it grey or something. Perhaps even paint some fire strips along the side so that I'll go faster. :D

Hope you feel better homeboy, and thanks for the warning.

Always good to remember to be careful. I hate helmets but I am a very experienced and careful bicyclist. Whenever I've fallen I've been sure to put my hand or shoulder ahead of me. It sucks breaking your wrist or gashing yourself up but it beats head trama.

That said, I haven't been in a serious accdient in 10,000 or more miles (since 2000).

If people don't use helmets, hospitals shouldn't have to operate on them...

I wear one if cycling through towns. Cycling in the country is far too hot and sweaty to allow for a helmet (and the danger is minimal).

Narz said:
Hope you feel better homeboy, and thanks for the warning.

Always good to remember to be careful. I hate helmets but I am a very experienced and careful bicyclist. Whenever I've fallen I've been sure to put my hand or shoulder ahead of me. It sucks breaking your wrist or gashing yourself up but it beats head trama.

That said, I haven't been in a serious accdient in 10,000 or more miles (since 2000).

Right, and I'm an experienced and careful driver, so I don't wear my seatbelt.

Oh wait, yes I do, because I'm not a [mencia]dee-tee-dee[/mencia].

PrinceOfLeigh said:
Yeah but prior to that you looked cool. Now, with no helmet, you look stupid.

I'll take the risk not to look stupid.
I look realy stupid now people sitt and stare at me. My lips became 1cm longer each and 1 cm thicker. I looked like if I had a beak:mischief:
And cars had nothing to do with it so the bicycal lane coment is of no use. If I had leaned forward and gone a bit faster I would probably cracked my skull. I know they look so silly.

I've rode my bike a lot. I've had some serious falls, leaving some scars but I don't think I will ever wear a helmet unless it's for a mountain-bike ride on a mountain slope. But not for city biking. Never.
Because where do you stop ? You can hurt your head really bad when you're walking, too.

That helmet thing looks more to me like safety hysteria.

Use a helmet already. It's like wearing a seatbelt. If you don't do it, you're [IglooDude's post] and [kingjoshi's post].

In Norway, you are required by law to wear a helmet while biking.

Top Bottom