Utility requests thread.

ClassicThunder could you please give me a link to the tag editor.

P.S Welcome to CFC FunkMaster Tut I know you joined in 2004 but it's your first post so welcome. [party]

Is there a utility that tells me what is wrong with my MOD?

I liked to know if anybody is working on updating Civ4 Editor to work with BtS worldbuilder map saves

Is there new map genertaor to download becouse basic one in the game creates continentents with really un realistic and predictive shapes?

@david75hanjr: Did you know you can just rename the files from various 3rd party map editors - they work for me,eg. MyTest.Civ4WorldBuilderSave will load in Civ4 Vanilla - but rename it too MyTest.Civ4BeyondSwordWBSave and it loads in BTS instead - I havn't had any problems so far doing this - not 100% sure - but you could at least give it a try...

Hello Folks,

I want to launch a mod from a list. I do not want to have to restart Civ to play a mod.

I used to try the mod launchers from a year or two ago, but they don't seem to work anymore. Is there one out there which works with BTS?

Thank you,

John

Program that somehow helps with city planning / dot mapping

I'd love to see a BTS mod loader where you don't have to start the main game before loading a mod

to load up mods I created a shortcut of the main game .ini file on the desktop, and just edit that to load up the mod i want before i get into Civ. Quick, easy, and no modding/utility required.

ic
thanks moopoo

I am not a programmer, but I am a lover of every incarnation of CIV. One of ones I loved most was Alpha Centauri...the main reason was the built in capacity to make your own CIVs.
So that is the utility I would like. For this game, a Utility that lets you make your own CIV's and Leaders. Nothing too intensive or game shattering. Just a little app I can launch that will do that for me without having to go into the code.
Thanks so much in advance, and for offering to do stuff like this for us!
FMT
seconded. Just a "simple" thing that let's you mix 'n match:
- traits
- unique units
- unique buildings
- starting techs
- have a selection to allow "highly favourable mode" i.e. allows more then the usual number of each of the above
- Optionally:
* leader image upload
* leader personality for AI

Just for your info
I'm currently working on zMod Maker. It will allow:
1. Editing of XML via an interface, no more tags
2. Editing World Builder Saves (Almost done, I can already place, read, and save terrains, features, and resources)

:D

Top Bottom