[UXP] World of Legends: Heroes, Guilds, and More!

:scan:Cybrxkhan!:scan:

Your mod's download link is infected! Atomic Gamer is dangerous! I tried to download it, but an advertisement came and a voice is said "Congratulations! You won!" I was scared! And another said (typically) this: "You are th 1,000,000 visitor of this..." Is there any other way to download? I don't want to be infected by SpyWares. :(

Please, help!:cry:

EDIT: Oops, I saw your Filefront link. Sorry!

That's very odd. I never experienced that on any Atomic Gamer download, including my own. You may want to see if your antispyware, anti-virus, anti-malware, etc. programs are all up to date. So far as I know, WoL shouldn't be infected with any of that kind of stuff. Hopefully those were just advertisements that won't be more harmful than annoying.

And, yes, the Filefront link is a good alternative. :goodjob:

I'll assume it was just a coincidence then. :)

Anyhow, as for the mod itself, feel free to make comments about it after you play it a bit. :)

On my own, I'm pretty sure. :)

It was also the only animation that seemed to work reasonably on George Washington without making him look messed up.

However, I hope to make a MacDonald LH sometime in the far, far future, to replace the George Washington reskin.

According to the LH Animation compatability chart that I have, Frederick's animations work perfectly on Washington, without any flaws. However, although there are flaws in using Lincoln's animations, I think that they work better for MacDonald, as he had a very troubled personal life: he had a wife who was perpetually ill and died in 1857, his infant son died without any warning, the medical costs of treating his wife drove him into debt and all this drove him into alcoholism; so all this probably justifies the fact that Lincoln/MacDonald a greet you with a very troubled look.

I'm having quite a lot of fun testing my own mod, and I'll post up a few screenshots of it sometime in the far future.

I'll also be working on several versions of the world maps for WoL, as well as another scenario (270 BCE), and after that I'll make a patch for version 0.52, and then start the path to version 0.60.

Downloading now- looking forward to trying this out!

Hope you enjoy it. Feel free to give feedback after you start your game!

According to the LH Animation compatability chart that I have, Frederick's animations work perfectly on Washington, without any flaws. However, although there are flaws in using Lincoln's animations, I think that they work better for MacDonald, as he had a very troubled personal life: he had a wife who was perpetually ill and died in 1857, his infant son died without any warning, the medical costs of treating his wife drove him into debt and all this drove him into alcoholism; so all this probably justifies the fact that Lincoln/MacDonald a greet you with a very troubled look.

I dunno. I just thought that Lincoln's animations were the most interesting, to be honest. Usually when making a leader or just playing around with an existing one, what I do is try most of the animations that work with a Leader. If there are several that work reasonably well, I just choose the most interesting.

I DLed your mod but I'm having trouble playing it - the included scenarios are too large for my old PC (tried the 1410 and it worked, but took ages for the first turn to resolve).
Playing on random maps seems to crash the game.

I searched through the thread and found a couple of hints I should probably delete a DLL... exactly which DLL are you talking about? What's the name and where can I find it?
Thanks for your help and may I suggest you put something about this in your download instructions and FAQ's?

Thanks for the mod, it looks very interesting, especially the Guilds and Heroes!

I DLed your mod but I'm having trouble playing it - the included scenarios are too large for my old PC (tried the 1410 and it worked, but took ages for the first turn to resolve).
Playing on random maps seems to crash the game.

You may have seen the earlier posts where I advised some other posters to try smaller map sizes and lower graphics quality.

As for the crashes, they tend to happen more often on customs game or the more unusual map scripts (like custom continents, fantasy, for example). I haven't seemed to determine the cause of this yet, but I'm suspecting that there may be something wrong with the xml for one of the African civs, so I'm looking into that as of late. The games that tend to crash the least are smaller normal games (i.e. noncustom).

I searched through the thread and found a couple of hints I should probably delete a DLL... exactly which DLL are you talking about? What's the name and where can I find it?
Thanks for your help and may I suggest you put something about this in your download instructions and FAQ's?

Alright, the so-called "dll" should be in the Assets folder:

Beyond the Sword\Mods\World of Legends\Assets

The thing you have to delete is CvGameCoreDLL.dll . However, now that I've done more testing on the mod, I now can say with some confidence that the dll may not be the one and only cause of CTDs and lagging in this mod, so deleting it may not guarantee that the game will run more smoothly for you.

Thanks for the mod, it looks very interesting, especially the Guilds and Heroes!

You're very welcome. :) Feel free to give back feedback once you can play a bit of it.

Thanks for the reply.

Let me be clear on this: should I delete that DLL now or not? ;) Is that necessary to play on non-40 civ maps, as stated in one of your older posts (or was it the FAQ? Saw it somewhere)?
After deleting the DLL (or not :mischief:) I should be able to play normal random maps, if I understand correctly. BTW, if something is up with an African civ, maybe my best bet should be a custom game after all, with a standard continents map and only non-African civs selected...?

@Cybrxkhan
Would you care to share me indonesian's city list please.Because i think that the current city list (which included KL, brunei, etc) seems to reflected a "Malay Tribe Confederation" rather than indonesia.Maybe i could make it better

For those who are interested, I was a little bored of playtesting WoL yesterday, so I spent a bit of time making banners for the WoL mod. Basically... Which one do you think looks better? :D

Choice #1:

and
Choice #2:

Thanks for the reply.

Let me be clear on this: should I delete that DLL now or not? Is that necessary to play on non-40 civ maps, as stated in one of your older posts (or was it the FAQ? Saw it somewhere)?
After deleting the DLL (or not ) I should be able to play normal random maps, if I understand correctly. BTW, if something is up with an African civ, maybe my best bet should be a custom game after all, with a standard continents map and only non-African civs selected...?

I advise that unless you want to play with 18+ civs, deleting the dll wouldn't be a bad thing to do. Deleting the dll may improve game performance - I cannot guarantee it 100%, but it could help; also, a good number of us don't really care if we play against 6 civs or 18 civs or 38 civs, so, yeah.

With or without the dll, you can play normal and random and custom games, whatever you please. You won't be able to play the 1410 AD scenario, though, since that uses the 40 civ dl, but you should be able to play a normal game.

As for the African civs, the only one I suspect may be problematic are the Swahili and possibily the Kongolese. The other African civs seem to be fine (i.e. Mali, Zululand, Ethiopia, Nubia, Hausa, Berbers), so you can play as or against them if you feel like it.

@Cybrxkhan
Would you care to share me indonesian's city list please.Because i think that the current city list (which included KL, brunei, etc) seems to reflected a "Malay Tribe Confederation" rather than indonesia.Maybe i could make it better

Well, before I post up the indonesian city list here (I'm also lazy to search for it right now ), you do have a point with the city list. However, basically what I was trying to do was to get sort of the region, as opposed to just cities within the borders of modern-day nation state of Indonesia, so I was including cities dominated by ethnic groups ranging from the Javanese, the Malays, the Sumaratese (however you spell it), and so forth.

So, in short, I wasn't trying to come up with a city list for modern Indonesia per se, but rather around that region, as many of those cities were heavily influenced by each other. I guess it's a bit like the Native American civ thing (though not as extreme of course), but I felt like adding cities from all over that region, so yeah.

Also, as you probably know well, some of the historical kingdoms and Empires in the region, such as the Majapahit Empire, covered not only modern Indonesia but also parts of Malaysia and so forth, so I felt it was okay to add in some cities from Malaysia, for example.

Long download - 24 minutes even with Verizon FIOS, but I look forward to playing it!

Hope the download is worth it, and that you enjoy the thing. Feel free to give feedback if it behooves you!

Well, before I post up the indonesian city list here (I'm also lazy to search for it right now ), you do have a point with the city list. However, basically what I was trying to do was to get sort of the region, as opposed to just cities within the borders of modern-day nation state of Indonesia, so I was including cities dominated by ethnic groups ranging from the Javanese, the Malays, the Sumaratese (however you spell it), and so forth.

So, in short, I wasn't trying to come up with a city list for modern Indonesia per se, but rather around that region, as many of those cities were heavily influenced by each other. I guess it's a bit like the Native American civ thing (though not as extreme of course), but I felt like adding cities from all over that region, so yeah.

Also, as you probably know well, some of the historical kingdoms and Empires in the region, such as the Majapahit Empire, covered not only modern Indonesia but also parts of Malaysia and so forth, so I felt it was okay to add in some cities from Malaysia, for example.
Well, if that was your decision, so be it.It's your's mod afterall:)
I choose the second banner btw :p

Well, if that was your decision, so be it.It's your's mod afterall:)
I choose the second banner btw :p

Thanks for your understanding. :D However, since you are Indonesian, I would like you to look at my city list anyways, just in case one of the cities is way far off (i.e. like as if I had Bangkok on the city list). Or, if you know of any more "authentic" or "better" versions of some of the names of any of these cities and also if you know any other important cities I may have missed, feel free to tell me.

Anyhow, here's the list of cities (it's actually kind of small right now, I've noticed):

Code:
            <Cities>
                <City>Jakarta</City>
                <City>Semarang</City>
                <City>Singapore</City>
                <City>Surabaya</City>
                <City>Majapahit</City>
                <City>Kuala Lumpur</City>
                <City>Brunei</City>
                <City>Medan</City>
                <City>Palembang</City>
                <City>Makassar</City>
                <City>Pontianak</City>
                <City>Aceh</City>
                <City>Yogakarta</City>
                <City>Padang</City>
                <City>Ambon</City>
                <City>Malacca</City>
                <City>Kediri</City>
                <City>Tidore</City>
                <City>Perlok</City>
                <City>Kedah</City>
                <City>Dili</City>
            </Cities>

Ive been playing some and I think this is a great mod thus far, my options are tough but great for a small map, monarch, no tech trade, 3 ais, always war, 8k advanced start. I may have to drop a level. As to the banners I actually like them both so its hard to say.

One thing I wonted to comment on is the javalineers play exactly like I think that archers should play, 50% retreat, a little stacked damage and I would think on that as an option, example ranged units behind castles should have a great chance to inflict multiple damage and retreat, imo. I also think archers should get a bonus against javs. and javs a bonus against horse units at least before knights. Really castle sieges were darn near impossible against fortified archers unless you starved and in time bombarded then to death, you didnt do it with foot or mounted units. Really walled cities and castles fall way too easily because archers are underpowered relative to the true advantage they had when fortified.

For those who are interested, I was a little bored of playtesting WoL yesterday, so I spent a bit of time making banners for the WoL mod. Basically... Which one do you think looks better? :D

Both are excellent.
But i would also chose the 2. one.

For those who are interested, I think I'm leaving the idea of a small patch to version 0.52 or 0.55, but instead going full throttle and trying to merge the Inquision Mod as well as a few spawnable barbarians to make version 0.60! So please feel free to continue making suggestions and comments and feedback. :goodjob:

Anyhow, here's a few screenshots from some of my playtests these last two weeks or so (and they'll be added to the first post):

Guilds:

Abd el-Krim:

Changing capitals (will be available in version 0.60):

@dreadknought: Some people have also suggested for me to give archers a bonus vs. javelineers. It seems to make sense, so I'll do that for the next version. Glad you're enjoying the mod, anyways, and feel free to make more comments and suggestions as you see fit!

Top Bottom