1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v 25, Bugs/Crashes reporting thread

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by strategyonly, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

No, I have not set up C++ yet. I am having enough problems setting up everything else.:)

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

You know... if its crashing, you'd have a minidump you could post (even on load I believe.) That could help us figure out the problem if its simple enough even if we don't fully 'get' the caching mechanism.

3. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I don't think you can... its an integer setting that would round out to 1 or be ignored completely if you tried... could possibly even cause a bug.

4. charlesb96

charlesb96 King

What are the Civics that give Fixed Borders? The pedia says Despotism, Monarchy, Federal, Communist, Fascist, Vassalage, Parliament, President, Nationalist, Planned, Corporatist, and State Church.
    But there is no more Communist, and Federal, President, Nationalist, Planned, Corporatist and State Church do not have Fixed borders.

5. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Whom ever submitted changes to the last SVN in Hydro's Science folder had a few errors, these are just some:

6. God-Emperor

God-Emperor Deity

Is there some particular reason the Tribal Guardian guy is not set to be DOMAIN_IMMOBILE? Units set to have this domain are, by definition, immobile. You can set their movement to 1 and they won't go anywhere.

7. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Probably because I was in a hurry and did not know about that solution.

Edit Someone else is going to need to do it. I still cant get C2C to run :(

8. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

They should be fixed now.

9. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Mini dump file from my last attempt to run C2C.

10. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

Add the breakpoint, then right click on it and add a condition.

The property solver gathers all active property manipulators by looping over all game objects and then checking all potential property manipulators on that game object. That last part is done in CvGameObject.cpp, for promotions in CvGameObjectUnit::foreachManipulator.
    After that all manipulators are treated the same so if the manipulator on the promotion is gathered, it will work.

11. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

Wait, such a thing exists? I should probably change that, thanks.:goodjob: Although it would make sense to also change the DLL to also avoid any chance of dividing by 0 there.

12. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

I'd need to kow more abou the context it happens in to be certain, but I think your proposed solution I'd fine EXCEPT that instead of returning 0 when the divisor is 0 you should return MAX_INT most likely to get sensible behavior.

To breakpoint a specific unit you would have to kow why it's unit id is. This is displayed (if you have chipotle enabled) by shift hover (or maybe ctrl hover, I can't remember), or if you know it from having crashed and being in the debugger at a point later in the process that's fine too. Anyway, once you k ow the unit id just set the breakpoint on m_iId being equal to that value.

13. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

1. Regarding the divide-by-0 error yes, that makes sense, I'll do that.

2. Cool thanks, now I'll be able to see whether or not there is a calculation error with Properties or a display error with them (see JosEPh's posts about the Policing promotion for background on that).

14. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Thanks for the minidump DH! I'll take a look at that later today when I have some time to work on things.

Wow... now that is some interesting stuff about breaking on a particular unit... I almost want to try it out just to go through the motions and see it work! Neat!

Max int? Isn't that an absolutely huge 6-7 digit number? I'm not following that numerical logic very well. Wouldn't it be closer to the intention of dividing by 0 to run the division but establish the divisor as 1? I don't doubt that you're right... just don't get how that works.

The AI selection mentioned is a good fix, yes, but what bothers me is... well let's put it this way, this has let me know I'm going to be creating bugs I didn't know I was going to be creating ;)... So without finding every situation where we have a divide by 0 if a unit has a 0 move and the ai figures it should be moved, I need to prepare to run across this problem. So, if you want to only temporarily change a unit's AI to immobile and then, when the condition is removed, allow it to revert back to its original, is there a standard method for establishing and retracting such a temporary ai change?

15. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

What revision is that from?

16. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

iMoves is supposed to be the number of turns it will take the unit to get somewhere if I understand it correctly, so setting it to MAX_INT would work. I changed the TG to DOMAIN_IMMOBILE to stop that particular crash, but I'm going to harden the DLL against any other instances where this might occur.

17. SteelSterling

SteelSterling Prince

SVN starts but get this error:
    Tag:DOMAIN_IMMOBILE in Info class was incorrect
    Current XML file is:
    modules\ls612\NormalUnit\EarlyUnits_CIV4UnitInfos.xml

Also, Joan of Arc is still bugged. She just floats across the map with no animation and when I click on her, there are no icons displaying for her to do anything.

18. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

Sorry, fixed now.

19. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Whom ever changed the MainInterface on the cost, pls change it back to HALF of what it is not, it gets i the way on ALL advisors.
    (pic 1)

Invisible units are still showing up when nothing is around?? (pic 2)

On a good note, i am glad to see a Barbarian unit in the Ren Era just pop out of no where, nice!!!! (pic 3)

20. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

In regard to picture 2, you have visibility from every tile you own, so this is probably correct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.