v 25, Bugs/Crashes reporting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh idk if this has been said but i get an Instant Defeat on mapgen with Custom map, Largest map size Without Override (and no viewports) and rest of the generation options on what the game just sets standard Prehistoric Time Normal Speed

But it is very very annoying that i still can't play it :( oh downloaded it This morning from SVN

:Edit:
Added the Autosave Apparently it does Generate a first turn Autosave with the Issue :cry:

Attachments

• Instant Defeat.zip
    260.9 KB · Views: 48
Got 2 more errors:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 1006, in forceScreenRedraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 1528, in redraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 6325, in updateHelpStrings

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function forceScreenRedraw failed, module CvScreensInterface
(pic1)

I believe the unit on the Mountain top isn't supposed to be there but in Viewports, thats where he ended up and now cant move?? (pic2)

more of my day of trying to catch the juicy Carrot (Aka getting this mod to work :cry:)

I enabled logs and as i only use a Direct link to C2C it should only contain data related to my agony so have fun digging in it

Attachments

• Log Folder.zip
    257.9 KB · Views: 46
I seem to be having a similar problem as Raven Destroyer. I thought it might be something I was working on but now I am not so sure. After reinstalling from the SVN. Sometimes after pressing Load Save and selecting the save (or going via Play Now) it will get into C2C. Other times it will get into Initializing and then CTD others it gets to Initializing and goes no further even if I leave it for a couple of hours. I will try and reproduce and post a save and dump with the latest SVN.

Got 2 more errors:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 1006, in forceScreenRedraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 1528, in redraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 6325, in updateHelpStrings

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function forceScreenRedraw failed, module CvScreensInterface
(pic1)

I believe the unit on the Mountain top isn't supposed to be there but in Viewports, thats where he ended up and now cant move?? (pic2)

I'm on the first Error (might be a bug after a modif I made in the DLL.)

edit : fix on new SVN Update

Post #616
So i noticed finally that my units got moved to my territory plot even thou they should end up in the conquered city .... I think... right?

I can confirm that buildings are not giving the promotions they are supposed to. Eg Hunting Instruction is not giving the Hunter I promotion. See task.

I can confirm that buildings are not giving the promotions they are supposed to. Eg Hunting Instruction is not giving the Hunter I promotion. See task.

Hunting Instruction building goes obsolete with Military Training tech and stops giving the promotion. After that you have to get the hunter 1 promotion from a Master Sea Hunter.

Using the latest SVN - 3353? It was updated around 11:14pm 9/4 I believe. The game doesn't start. The little loading screen pops up, and when it gets to something like "init XML (uncach" it stops and nothing more happens. I've been using the SVN since you released v25 and haven't had this problem.

Do a Revert to a version before the one you're having a problem with and see if you can use it. Try 3529 see if it works for you.

JosEPh

Ignore my Error reports found the error in my way See the SVN Thread for more details on my mistake Sorry

Given that I haven't pushed my combat mod changes, I'm simply glad to say that I have NOT messed up the free promo assignments. However, when I do push that modification, it may get it working without error again as there are some adjustments in there and I may have inadvertently changed something causing a problem. ;)

Is it possible that the type of unit doesn't qualify for the hunter promo?

I think this is down to TB's chnages in rev 3524.

@TB:

In CvCity.cpp you made several chnages analogous to this one:
Code:
void CvCity::changeFreePromotionCount(PromotionTypes eIndex, int iChange)
{
	FAssertMsg(eIndex >= 0, "eIndex expected to be >= 0");
	FAssertMsg(eIndex < GC.getNumPromotionInfos(), "eIndex expected to be < GC.getNumPromotionInfos()");
	m_paiFreePromotionCount[eIndex] = [B]std::min(0, (m_paiFreePromotionCount[eIndex] + iChange))[/B];
	FAssert(getFreePromotionCount(eIndex) >= 0);
}
You did this for several modifiers. I suspect you meant to use 'max' not 'min', but either way it would be better done on the read as you did when you reworked it on the following rev:
Code:
int CvCity::getFreePromotionCount(PromotionTypes eIndex) const
{
	FAssertMsg(eIndex < GC.getNumPromotionInfos(), "eIndex expected to be < GC.getNumPromotionInfos()");
	//TB Debug
	//Somehow we are getting under 0 values here and that could cause problems down the road
	//This method enforces minimum of 0 without changing the actual value of m_paiFreePromotionCount[eIndex](particularly puzzling) as the integrity of that value should be maintained.
	int iValue = 0;
	if (m_paiFreePromotionCount[eIndex] < 0)
	{
		iValue = 0;
	}
	else
	{
		iValue = m_paiFreePromotionCount[eIndex];
	}
	return iValue;
}

Again, you did this for several modifers, and for MOST you reverted the incorrect change from 3524, but not for (at least) promotions. The set-side std::min code needs to be reverted in all cases and the get-side code used (I think you put the get-side stuff in uniformly, but just didn't remove the broken set-side stuff in all cases)

I seem to be having a similar problem as Raven Destroyer. I thought it might be something I was working on but now I am not so sure. After reinstalling from the SVN. Sometimes after pressing Load Save and selecting the save (or going via Play Now) it will get into C2C. Other times it will get into Initializing and then CTD others it gets to Initializing and goes no further even if I leave it for a couple of hours. I will try and reproduce and post a save and dump with the latest SVN.

My mistake was not Exporting the mod from my Temp folder into the BTS\mod folder :blush: so if you made the same mistake then i don't feel that bad ;)

I think this is down to TB's chnages in rev 3524.

@TB:

In CvCity.cpp you made several chnages analogous to this one:
Code:
void CvCity::changeFreePromotionCount(PromotionTypes eIndex, int iChange)
{
	m_paiFreePromotionCount[eIndex] = [B]std::min(0, (m_paiFreePromotionCount[eIndex] + iChange))[/B];
	FAssert(getFreePromotionCount(eIndex) >= 0);
}
You did this for several modifiers. I suspect you meant to use 'max' not 'min', but either way it would be better done on the read as you did when you reworked it on the following rev:
Code:
int CvCity::getFreePromotionCount(PromotionTypes eIndex) const
{
	//TB Debug
	//Somehow we are getting under 0 values here and that could cause problems down the road
	//This method enforces minimum of 0 without changing the actual value of m_paiFreePromotionCount[eIndex](particularly puzzling) as the integrity of that value should be maintained.
	int iValue = 0;
	if (m_paiFreePromotionCount[eIndex] < 0)
	{
		iValue = 0;
	}
	else
	{
		iValue = m_paiFreePromotionCount[eIndex];
	}
	return iValue;
}

Again, you did this for several modifers, and for MOST you reverted the incorrect change from 3524, but not for (at least) promotions. The set-side std::min code needs to be reverted in all cases and the get-side code used (I think you put the get-side stuff in uniformly, but just didn't remove the broken set-side stuff in all cases)

Ah... good catch. I was in a rush late at night as I was trying to convert all those over and left the steps out and in retrospect, I think I might've even left a few completely unrepaired. Sorry for that. I can fix it tonight if you haven't done it already... lemme know if you have. I take it 'welcome back' is in order here Koshling? :D

max not min? Is that the problem? I never have figured those out quite right... why on earth would you use max when your trying to set a minimum value allowed? It seems like they termed those opposite to their effect! But yeah, after doing it that way and realizing how wrong that would be, I tried to go back and do the second method instead but apparently failed to retract the use of the first, which now that I think back through I remember leaving that step out of the process, probably after all but the first one fixed.

Ah... good catch. I was in a rush late at night as I was trying to convert all those over and left the steps out and in retrospect, I think I might've even left a few completely unrepaired. Sorry for that. I can fix it tonight if you haven't done it already... lemme know if you have. I take it 'welcome back' is in order here Koshling? :D

max not min? Is that the problem? I never have figured those out quite right... why on earth would you use max when your trying to set a minimum value allowed? It seems like they termed those opposite to their effect! But yeah, after doing it that way and realizing how wrong that would be, I tried to go back and do the second method instead but apparently failed to retract the use of the first, which now that I think back through I remember leaving that step out of the process, probably after all but the first one fixed.

I'll leave it for you please. I have several issues I need to look at, and I presume we really want to get stuff done for V26 ASAP. I spotted these reviewing chnages made in my absence (inflation changes seems fine BTW)

When I upgraded some of my assassins to snipers they can no longer kill the AI civ units. It is also the same with nautilus. I can kill with privateers, assasins and hashashins just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom