v 25, Bugs/Crashes reporting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been no change to the script in quite some time.
I am changing it so the era info is only changed if there is actual reason to do so (which means a sound file for an era added in one of the New folders).

That is what I thought. Your script music changes XML/Audio/AudioDefines.xml the "problem" I am reporting is about XML/GameInfo/CIV4EraInfos.xml so it is not your script but something else.

That is what I thought. Your script music changes XML/Audio/AudioDefines.xml the "problem" I am reporting is about XML/GameInfo/CIV4EraInfos.xml so it is not your script but something else.
No, it changes both. EraInfos has the information about what sound to play in which era.

No, it changes both. EraInfos has the information about what sound to play in which era.

Well it never did before v25. I use a syncronise program to keep the working SVN in sync with my playing version and that file has only changed since My hard disk crash.

I think I have narrowed down the problem I am having to the Alt_Timeline modules. I can play a game if I turn them off. Now these modules are supposed to be optional however if you turn them off you get a bunch of XML errors. In Hydro's Craft, Sports, Transport, Military and Embassy XML and in Vokarya's wonder PleistocenePark.

@Volkarya attached are the fixes needed to the PleistocenePark wonder. test them first naturally. ;)

@Hydro you really should test the optional stuff every now and then.:mischief:

Is there optional stuff I need to turn on to test? :confused:

All the alt-timeline stuff is optional! Especially the mega-fauna and fantasy stuff. Similarly if the x-Punk eg ClockPunk stuff is turned off then the associated tech should disappear also. It is easy enough to do.

Attached is what I think needs to be done for the sports mod, but since I can't get C2C to work at all who knows.

Shakushain (leader of Ainu)
Negative trait - hunter-gatherer. Description says -80 food from trade routes. Is that correct?

All the alt-timeline stuff is optional! Especially the mega-fauna and fantasy stuff. Similarly if the x-Punk eg ClockPunk stuff is turned off then the associated tech should disappear also. It is easy enough to do.

Attached is what I think needs to be done for the sports mod, but since I can't get C2C to work at all who knows.

Thanks! I will upload it to the SVN if the game loads ok with it. *goes to test*

I get XML errors in XML/Civilizations/CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml if I turn off ls612/CulturalUnits so they aren't modular either. :(

This is ridiculous, if I turn off huge segments of C2C I can start a new game and get to the map OK but then I get MAF errors without mini dumps. It must be something to do with my new graphics card! Any suggestions? I have a AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series card. I notice someone had problems with Civ V but nothing I can find about Civ IV.

The game freezes during the "Initialization" phase when generating a gigantic map

I get XML errors in XML/Civilizations/CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml if I turn off ls612/CulturalUnits so they aren't modular either. :(

This is ridiculous, if I turn off huge segments of C2C I can start a new game and get to the map OK but then I get MAF errors without mini dumps. It must be something to do with my new graphics card! Any suggestions? I have a AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series card. I notice someone had problems with Civ V but nothing I can find about Civ IV.

Catalyst 12.6 installed? Maybe DirectX needs an update too. If you had an Nvidia graphics card before did you uninstall the drivers?

Catalyst 12.6 installed? Maybe DirectX needs an update too. If you had an Nvidia graphics card before did you uninstall the drivers?

Since my hard disk also crashed, I had to start from scratch so no nvidia drivers left over and everything else up to date. I'll try the directx one as I may have missed that one. I can play other mods just not C2C and yes I deleted the old and created a new SVN working copy.

Maybe related, maybe another "chasing a tech bug" waste of time, but I have an ATI Radeon 6800 and read in a graphic card forum to make sure the .NET is 4.0 or higher. (I have Win-7 64 bit) I think .NET is an optional update in Microsoft Update so you may not get it automatically.

I do get MAF errors but only when loading a game. It only happens to me maybe every 10-15th load? I play on C2C_Terra gigantic maps with most segments of C2C enabled. My PC has 16G main memory but I doubt that makes any difference.

I also try to keep the drivers up to date to the Radeon site, not MS updates or Steam graphic card updates. YMMV.

1. Missing text
I was tooling around the pedia, looking up subdued animals to see if I should save certain ones or just butcher them and cam across the Boxing Kangaroo. The descriptive text was missing and just gave coding definitions (TXT_KEY_ ... for both Strategy & Background)

2. Possible Memory Leak, Engine Issue or MSOH (My Stupid Old Hardware - XP, 3Ghz, 3GB, 7600GT NVidia 256MB *NOTE DirectX & Drivers are up to date)
I've noticed that if I run C2C, close it out desktop and then later restart C2C the pedia takes x2 or x3 times as long to load. I'll sometimes even get the front page while its still loading (e.g. the slider bars are inactive until fully loaded). If I warm boot the computer before (re)starting C2C I don't seem to get this problem.

2a. Related to above but probably more MSOH (see above description)
Sometimes after playing C2C (I think but won't swear at this time that it is more likely to occur after a play, close to desktop, play again) my DVD ROM drive won't open. The light goes on and it tries and jams as if it was blocked. When I reboot the computer it operates normally. I first thought it was just mechanically wearing out, but then rebooting shouldn't fix it every time.
* I figure it's most likely something about my old machine, but thought I'd mention it in case it is a memory leak/release of resources issue.

Updating from 24 to 25 I lost all the Landmarks of my Game I started with 24. Even if it is nothing gamebreaking it would be nice if this could be fixed at some point.

Your landmarks are still there, just not the signs you're used to seeing. Mouse-over a landmark plot and you'll see the blue text in the info box with the landmarks name.

ViewPorts is removing the signs though I think Koshling is working on trying to fix that. It's not only removing Landmark signs but all and any own signs one puts up. This it does even if not having ViewPorts active.

Cheers

I had to do that so that Barbarians would not be making Culture Units. I would suggest getting a new HDD and then installing all new drivers for everything, as that hardware sounds like more than enough to run C2C.

Maybe related, maybe another "chasing a tech bug" waste of time, but I have an ATI Radeon 6800 and read in a graphic card forum to make sure the .NET is 4.0 or higher. (I have Win-7 64 bit) I think .NET is an optional update in Microsoft Update so you may not get it automatically.

I do get MAF errors but only when loading a game. It only happens to me maybe every 10-15th load? I play on C2C_Terra gigantic maps with most segments of C2C enabled. My PC has 16G main memory but I doubt that makes any difference.

I also try to keep the drivers up to date to the Radeon site, not MS updates or Steam graphic card updates. YMMV.

DH:

I somewhat had the same problem, i was getting the "black terrain" with my ATI card, and when WW suggested the Net 4 and i did a "repair" i haven't had any problem since., but i do get what you do every now and then just a down and out right POOF when playing and no minidump etc, but as soon as you go back, everything is fine, its something graphical definitely..

Are you sure your motherboard supports such a NEW graphics card that high up on the duo core side? I believe that is the top of the line ATI, isnt it? ALso i thought it was for X64 PC's with win7, not XP?

Your landmarks are still there, just not the signs you're used to seeing. Mouse-over a landmark plot and you'll see the blue text in the info box with the landmarks name.

ViewPorts is removing the signs though I think Koshling is working on trying to fix that. It's not only removing Landmark signs but all and any own signs one puts up. This it does even if not having ViewPorts active.

Cheers

Sign storage (in save games) had to be reworked in a way that measn that old saved info cannot be used, which is why signs from pre-V25 saves vanish. If you see signs that you add in V25 NOT beign preserved however, that's a bug I want to know about (save game + recipe). Signs added back in to (originally) v24 or earlier games should stay put once added back under v25.

Going to do anything about the lack of blue circles to signify the best places to put cities? I have the exact same settings I had before, and no joy. I would really appreciate someone at least paying attention and attempting to address this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom