1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v 26, and above ALL Bugs/Crashes reporting thread

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by strategyonly, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Late tomorrow is the earlier I am likely to have a chance to look at this. Are toy seeing a widespread issue that should delay the relaese a day or two? Can you check if it occurs reproducibly ( if it doesn't there nothing to look at anyway), and if so if it happens if you go back to yesterday's DLL?

2. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

OK, I did some more testing, and it only reproduces if it is next to the edge of a viewport. That save does not have the viewport in a position where it will reproduce for me off of a load, so you may need to tweak things some to get it to work. It does not though seem to happen with yesterday's DLL, so that may also help.

3. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Probably not a new issue then, just a newly discovered viewport bug, so no reason for it to affect release scheduling. I'll look into it when I get a chance, but not urgently in that case.

4. AIAndy

AIAndy Chieftain

It might have something to do with the pathing behavior in the same turn that you promote the unit with a promotion that adds movement. The pathing seems to ignore the added movement in the same turn, but maybe not on both computers in a game.

5. AIAndy

AIAndy Chieftain

That probably has to do with the changes Koshling made to BUG initialization to get the information about viewport settings early enough. Something in there probably does not work quite as it should.

6. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I need to start a new game with SVN 4190 to see if it's still there.

JosEPh

7. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

You're probably right, both times I gave the racing dog promotion to the trained dogs.

8. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

The pathing relies on a movement-characteristic-hash as in various cache keys. Promotions that change movement capabilities (such as this one) should contribute to that hash, but it's possible some promotion modifiers are missing that piece of code.

Edit - yup - this is likely the underlying bug:
    Code:
    bool CvPromotionInfo::changesMoveThroughPlots(void) const
    {
    	return (isAmphib() ||
    			isCanMovePeaks() ||
    			isCanLeadThroughPeaks() ||
    			m_pbTerrainDoubleMove != NULL ||
    			m_pbFeatureDoubleMove != NULL ||
    			m_bHillsDoubleMove);
    }
    Note that it doesn't include a direct movement bonus. It probably should.

Edit 2 - actually I think this is fine. It only keys caches fro plot-plot costs, not for anything related to how many movement points a units has left, so cancel that thought.

9. Bohb Daishi

Bohb Daishi Chieftain

I noticed a few repeatable bugs in the regular v26 (not SVN), so they may have been fixed already. The bugs happen during the AI's turn on the attached save file:

1: When the assassins kill the Warlord near Leptis Parva, my other units don't step in to defend. Instead their hp is automatically taken to near 0, although they show up as full when you hover your mouse over them. This issue seems to occur on a regular basis for me when an assassin (or similar "unaligned" unit) kills another assassin (or similar) that has regular "aligned" units on the tile. The only way I know how to fix it is by closing + reloading the game, at which point the buggy units are back to full health.
    (edit) The worker also dies, even though the units should be defending it.

2: France builds the Via Appia wonder but it has an "event" error on the alerts

3: This isn't on the save file, but a few turns later I trained a Great Farmer but I can't get it to do anything. Is it because I have the "Lock Modified Assets" option enabled?
    (Edit) Nevermind, I just waited a turn and the options became available.

(edit) 4: It's also impossible to build the servant's guild - it requires 5 servant's quarters, but I believe you can only build two (one for the palace, one for the forbidden palace).

10. AIAndy

AIAndy Chieftain

Load the savegame in Toffer's OOS report, use player 0 (it is a multiplayer game so use Direct IP as host, no clients needed).
    Press next turn and a new dog unit will be finished. It has enough starting XP to take one promotion. Before taking the promotion try a path to somewhere. It will more or less ignore terrain as with 1 movement point it does not matter much. Now select the Racing Dog promotion which increases max movement points by 1. Check the same path and you will see that it still shows the same path with only one plot per turn instead of taking advantage of the additional movement point.

11. Bohb Daishi

Bohb Daishi Chieftain

Looks like it didn't attach the save :p

Attached Files:

12. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

@ TB

Found another take away from promotions: Arsonists to Ancient Flamethrower???

And now i get a CTD?
    Minidump, if you need more let me know.

13. Flinx

Flinx Chieftain

The Great Farmer needs some warm-up time ;)
    Finish your turn and on the next turn the Great Farmer is ready for your orders.

Mind you, he can't plant resources on plots which already have resources.
    Resources still not revealed count on this too.

The change to the one-turn wait has to do with overall performance.
    Koshling or AIAndy can give the complete explanation.

14. Bohb Daishi

Bohb Daishi Chieftain

I actually found out about this just a few minutes before you posted. Thanks for the help, though. :p

15. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Minidump points a finger, but it's hard to see how the situation arose. What had recently happened in terms of civs being eliminated (that you know of), and game loads (was this the turn immediately after a load for instance)?

16. strategyonly

See that is my main thing about Rev On, mine never are the same no matter what i try for a saved game. thats why i didnt send one this time.

I dont really know for sure, i had 6 civs sprout up and one minor civ deleted the other, that is what i am thinking hard to keep track when that many civ are as minors just popping up as Revolution Armies.

17. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Apparently Ancient Flamethrowers are unable to get the Sneak, Industry Espionage and Combat lines of promos. Whether this design should be altered or maintained as it is is something for Hydro and ls to consider. I fully expect the retrain mechanism to point out a number of these kinds of scenarios where a unit can't keep its promos once upgraded - and if they seem inappropriate losses to the players that experience them, they should get brought up like this so we can take a look at the promotion access design itself a little closer.

I can't comment on Industry Espionage as I'm not sure what that promo is (new one on me ;) ) And I'm a little fuzzy on Sneak too. But Combat... I've said it before and I'll say it again, ALL combatant units, meaning units maintained by the military rather than civilian in nature, should have access to the Combat line. I'd think this would include not only Siege Weapons, but Fire Wielding units like these as well.

When I develop the Combat Mod as a Game Option override module I'll set everything up exactly as I believe it should be. But for the core, I'm leaving it all to you guys to make up your minds on issues such as this.

18. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

And since V27 is out someone should ask a mod to close this thread.

19. strategyonly

Asked over 2 hours ago already.

20. Benign Tempest

Benign Tempest Chieftain

Hey, I thoroughly enjoy this mod, but it takes quite a while to load between turns (especially on the 50 civ scenario). Is there any way that I could speed up the performance?

I was told to post a save file here.

Attached Files: