1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v 26, and above ALL Bugs/Crashes reporting thread

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by strategyonly, Sep 7, 2012.

1. WimpyTheWarrior

WimpyTheWarrior Chieftain

I think the Techs Oratory and Critical Thought are the same.

I thought that was intentional? There are other techs that grant a free Great Person to the first to discover - Music = Artist, Anatomy = Doctor, Leadership = General, etc. Why not have Techs that give a free Prophet?

I agree it's not the right XML tag in that the free Great Prophet does not display or indicate in the Civlopedia.

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Which is what proves that its leftover firstfreeprophet tag use. I have a task on the agenda to remove the need for this tag entirely, and another to give some better descriptions on techs when playing under divine prophets, some more dynamic tag text work that will let you know if the prophet for that religion has been taken yet which for now is a mystery - you never know if one of those dead-ends has already been achieved by another civ or not as it stands now. For this version release, however, those inappropriate uses of the firstfreeprophet tag should be removed immediately.

If nobody says they'll do it, I'll try to get to it right away tomorrow afternoon/evening.

3. nanovirus

nanovirus Chieftain

Is there a way to turn off global warming for a game thats in progress ?
    In my last game all green land turned into dunes and now my continents are growing whit salt plain at its borders.

this all happend before any player had the tech to build factories.

i posted a screenshot in the svn discussion topic.

4. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

. . . . . . . . .

5. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

From the looks of you picture it looks like you chopped down all your trees and have mines, farms and cottages everywhere. Without any trees left to absorb air pollution its no wonder you had global warming.

6. nanovirus

nanovirus Chieftain

i put my workers on auto, so they are to blame.
    still i think the way global warming work now its a bit fast given the industrial age just started and the AI is behind.

7. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

There is,iirc, a Bug Option that prevents workers from chopping forest. Maybe you should use it?

JosEPh

8. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

9. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

2 issues:
    1. (with 1st screen shot), this has been showing up for last week in a new game 1st turn. All dealing with MainScreen and BUG Options.

2. (with 2nd screen shot), @ turn 41 you can see that :yuck: is still very strong and there is nothing in the time frame of 1st turn to this turn to really reduce the :yuck: as Childbirth hut is still 6 turns away to reduce the :yuck: to 2. Balance issue still for early game?

JosEPh

10. WimpyTheWarrior

Will there be any non-religious Techs that grant a free Great Prophet? I would like to see a few as that helps with Golden Ages. If interested I'll start the suggestions with:

1. Either Priesthood or Oratory
    2. Theology or Papacy

11. strategyonly

Haven't tried game turn 1 lately, GUYS??????????

On the second part i must agree now, i have ot been able to get any of my cities out of the :yuck: after i turned mid-way through the Classical Era?? Well i shouldn't say all cities (most). But this is with Rev On and the cities i have taken over.

On the early game part, i am on the fence with that one, i know alot of complaints have been made already, but you got to remember there was NO fire, No Dentist, No doctors, No nothing when the early so called (man) existed, he didnt even have a larynx, he just gutted. . .

12. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

but they were no more unhealthy than anything else around.

13. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

1. I have not seen that myself, so unless it's easily fixable I won't be delaying the release over it. It is only cosmetic, right?

2. That's not too bad. I remember back in V18 it would take literally 350 turns on Snail to get out of :yuck:. Don't worry, it goes away pretty quickly in the mid-Preh era.

14. strategyonly

ahaha Yeah you do have a POINT. there:lol: OK 2 . . (one extra for making me smile):D

15. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

Here's an instance of some odd pathing. I'm running Judaism, not Christianity, so the hunters should not be walking on water.

Attached Files:

16. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Nice image, but totally in diagnosable without a save game that reproduces it. Is this new with today's changes (ie - something that should prevent v27 release), or just an odd occurrence that has likely been around a while?

17. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I'd prefer to go the other direction and take out all the first to achieve tech freebies (at least as an option anyhow.) But for now, I'm hesitant to think it'd benefit the mod to have techs offering a free prophet outside of the religious techs on DP.

18. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

I first noticed it today, I'll go see if I can find a save that would reproduce it.

19. WimpyTheWarrior

SVN 4190, Divine Prophets enabled, repeatable symptom.

I am 1 turn ahead of Saladin in England to be the first to discover Hinduism. I've used Civ-Picker to validate that no other Civ has researched Hinduism. When I discover Hinduism I am not granted the GP. I have received the GP for other religions so the symptom for me is only for Hinduism.

(not related to discussion on free GPs for non-religious techs)

20. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

Here's the save. The offending unit is the Hunter 10 (Eridu), up near Aztec Territory.

Attached Files: