v1.26

I had that too but only at Renaissance and later Ages. In packs of 3 Landsknechts at a time.
On previous Ages, they were relentless, destroying several cities.

I noticed that the Greek flip Jerusalem (and Tyros) most of the time on Very High likeness. Is it possible to let the Greek spawn more to the northwest? As it is, they spawn in Asia Minor/Anatolia instead of the Greek peninsula...

I noticed that playing at very low likeness is significantly slower than what I used to in earlier versions of RAND (I haven't played other likelinesses yet).
Option of examining conquered city before deciding if I want to keep it or raze is great.
What isn't great is that AI civs are still able to build cities 1 tile from each other, completely awful in current environment. I won't insist it should be 3 tiles, but 2 is a must.
I vague remember somebody saying that a user can configurate this distance himself by editing some XML file: could you tell me what file and where exactly?

Look in /Assets/XML/GlobalDefines.xml for:

Code:
        <Define>
		<DefineName>MIN_CITY_RANGE</DefineName>
		<!-- Rhye -->
		<iDefineIntVal>1</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>

Thanks Rhye, great work from the changelog (and from Fierabras screenshot).
I wouldn't worry about reports on bad starts, except if they are about India (have yet to check how it is in the new version since I just found out). I have won with the prev. version with all the starting civs except India on Monarch, but not the UHV. To win the UHV with starting civs you have to play on Viceroy, where you will get much better starts and more often. Of course, UHVs are not balanced since they are thought for RFC... I just think that the players who appreciate the fact that RAND is not RFC enjoy the mod very much. At least, I do... and much more so than with RFC. So don't give up the great work you've done with this.

Thanks Fierabras.

I just observed an interesting effect: immedeately after invading independent land, same turn, my trade notably increased: science raised from 268 points to 285 (at 80% rate). What might be the reason? My civics were Hereditary rule/Beaurocracy/Pacifism/Resettlement.

Thanks Rhye, great work from the changelog (and from Fierabras screenshot).
I wouldn't worry about reports on bad starts, except if they are about India (have yet to check how it is in the new version since I just found out). I have won with the prev. version with all the starting civs except India on Monarch, but not the UHV. To win the UHV with starting civs you have to play on Viceroy, where you will get much better starts and more often. Of course, UHVs are not balanced since they are thought for RFC... I just think that the players who appreciate the fact that RAND is not RFC enjoy the mod very much. At least, I do... and much more so than with RFC. So don't give up the great work you've done with this.

Well said Onedreamer, I wholeheartedly agree.

Egypt and Babylon are harder now because of lack of flood plain/stone or marble tile -- the greatest tiles in early game.

So I was happily going along with my 3000 BC Start, Very Low Likeness Mali game when suddenly around turn 60 I get a message that the Japanese civilization was destroyed. I know they spawned in turn 27 by checking WB. So I go to check WB again and what do I see? On turn 60 I see a horde of German Crossbowmen and Pikemen standing in Kyouto and Edo! Something clearly went wrong here with the code that distinguishes New World from Old World. I actually thought that the whole concept of New and Old Worlds had been eliminated but I guess not. Needs to be fixed.

On another note, I have to agree with previous poster about the overpoweredness of American early starts. Its actually a bit ridiculous, and unless I'm mistaken, they also seem to build faster than other civs as well as actually invent a bit slower. Although this may have just been my high production low research capital fooling me.

Yes, later workers like Americans work faster than early ones (like India). Sort of ironic, isn't it, in this world economy?:lol:

As expected, Greece is rather easy on very high likeness. Even without trying I won in 400 AD in monarch. Interestingly the Great Wall seems to span 3 continents.
Aztecs are also OK, won in 1817 (didn't really maximize the use of my great spy against the Dutch).

I downloaded the new RAND today but when I started the game I saw no option for very high/low likeness. Did I follow the wrong download link?

For those who like more visible tiles on the map when starting with a civ (see screenshot below), I have attached a modified RiseAndFall.py file to this post.

Installation:

• copy the original RiseAndFall.py file and store it somewhere else (like on your desktop)
  • download the attached file and rename it from RiseAndFall.py.txt to RiseAndFall.py
  • place the renamed file into C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rhye's and Fall RAND\Assets\Python\ (or the location where you have RFC RAND installed)

Attachments

• RiseAndFall.py.txt
    334 KB · Views: 97
The change is also to the AI yes? Not just the player.

Just did France in large high likeliness. As usual, both Rome and Greece had engineering. So I had to declare on them and collapse both of them, whipped a forge and saved a great engineer. Interestingly, Spain was missing but Portugal spawned in what was southern Italy and flipped 3 former Roman cities (including Rome)! So it seems that core lands can overlap (Roman and Portuguese). In the end had Germany, Inca and Portugal as vassals, won in 1742 or so (could have been earlier but kept most of my cities) with Hammurabi.

Well, as with all previous patches, Ethiopia and Maya are impossible (at least in monarch) because of their bad lands compared to the "real" world. They are both conspicuously missing 1 settler and if you can't have a coastal city, you'll never get religion in Africa.

I disagree, I just did Ethiopia (not quite). I had to reload quite some time and it was heavily dependent on where you start (can you get a religion, is there good terrain to defend, do you start up north were there are more barbs, is there a good coastal city cite near, what other civs do you easily meet, ...). It could use a buff though (screenshots of the game follow).

EDIT: The problem with Ethiopia seems to be the gamble to get the first UHV, the economic stability is possible to be handled. And the game drags on for quite some time so a more recent uhv would be nice...

Just wondering...would the idea for an UHV challenge (ala RFC) be successful with RAND? Games should be played at very high likeness.

Well it would be a lot more dependant on luck, so perhaps if someone posts a save and everyone plays from the same save.

Top Bottom