v1.26

Actually the Immortal (spearmen) is much easier to use now since as long as you take care of the axemen (if any), the Immortal chews up archers like mincemeat. You just need to deploy them quicker as soon as you know where your targets are (India, Babylonia, Greece).

Actually the Immortal (spearmen) is much easier to use now since as long as you take care of the axemen (if any), the Immortal chews up archers like mincemeat. You just need to deploy them quicker as soon as you know where your targets are (India, Babylonia, Greece).

I wish I could take back my comment earlier, as I was just going off of gut feeling rather than experience. After playing a round as Persia (and reading the out-dated strategy guide first...) I realized that Persia was pretty easy to conquer with...at least early on. However, I had the problem of expanding too quickly for my economy and I ran out of cash shortly after researching Construction... and only got that 12 turns before the cutoff date for 8% so I couldn't build enough elephants to conquer the more advanced civs in time... :(

Hmm.... I don't know if this is the place to put this (I don't think there is another download thread) but your download link is broken, I only get 1.16, which, when I try to load up crashed (because I'm guessing its not for 3.19). Is there a mirror or something, because the new version sounds awesome! And I really want to play it :D

Loved it! Plays pretty well overall and gives the game a very distinctive feel.

If anything, as probably mentioned here already, my only issue is with food. Some civs spawn in areas covered by deserts, and there are not enough flood plains. There's a certain lack of food resources such as wheat as well, I think. But other than that amazing job, keep it up! :D

Loved it! Plays pretty well overall and gives the game a very distinctive feel.

If anything, as probably mentioned here already, my only issue is with food. Some civs spawn in areas covered by deserts, and there are not enough flood plains. There's a certain lack of food resources such as wheat as well, I think. But other than that amazing job, keep it up! :D

Where did you download it from? I really want to play this but all I get is 1.16 from the download :mad:

First let me say that this is a huge improvement over the previous version of RAND. The addition of the Mediterranean in particular and the Russian landmass are greatly improved from before.:goodjob: Job well done Rhye!

I think it's a solid game as is but here's a few things I think could make it even better. This is from Very High likeness btw.

- Yes certain AIs seem to ask you every turn to convert to their religion. For me as Arabia it was England...fortunately I was able to bribe them to switch to Islam so I found a way to avoid it at least for awhile anyhow. ;)

- More rivers would be nice

- Indian subcontinent much bigger. Japan/England/Netherlands much smaller.

- More differentiation between Middle East and Africa. In my game as Egypt I had Mali spawn right next to me, I mean literally RIGHT next to me! My 2nd city, 2 tiles from my capitol was asked to "flip" to their civ when Mali spawned.

1 - I thought it was fixed!

2 - Rivers are done automatically. If it's possible to alter the way civ makes rivers, I don't know it; I have to investigate

3,4 - OK, I'll take note

Why don't you try other likeness?

On a Very Low likeness, I'd love to see more options, such as map style and spawn date. It leads to a lot of restarting if I get a civ that spawns at 1500AD or a map I'm not interested in playing.

Ya, this would be wonderful, it would be nice if it had all the options that unmodded BTS has and more such as what Arkaeyn has suggested.

Just a quick note Rhye: It seems there is some definite gameplay unbalance in any likeness. What I am talking about is how older civs can completely dominate the newer civs if they survive barb invasions and instability. I'm not sure how much you can do, but it seems that just the way normal Civ IV works is what makes the older civs have a much advanced economy. The classic example (at least for me) is Rome and Greece being almost an age ahead of the newer European civs shortly after they arrive.

(It got so bad that I decided, well, if the AI can do it to me, why don't I? So I played a game as Greece and had Infantry by the time Turkey spawned!)
So, I think some temporary bonus should be given to new civs to improve their economy until they can catch up to the older civs that haven't collapsed...

Other than that (and the AI asking you to convert every turn :mad: ) the additions of the very high/low likeness and the new difficulty levels just made the new mod even more playable than before!

Just a quick note Rhye: It seems there is some definite gameplay unbalance in any likeness. What I am talking about is how older civs can completely dominate the newer civs if they survive barb invasions and instability. I'm not sure how much you can do, but it seems that just the way normal Civ IV works is what makes the older civs have a much advanced economy. The classic example (at least for me) is Rome and Greece being almost an age ahead of the newer European civs shortly after they arrive.

(It got so bad that I decided, well, if the AI can do it to me, why don't I? So I played a game as Greece and had Infantry by the time Turkey spawned!)
So, I think some temporary bonus should be given to new civs to improve their economy until they can catch up to the older civs that haven't collapsed...

Other than that (and the AI asking you to convert every turn :mad: ) the additions of the very high/low likeness and the new difficulty levels just made the new mod even more playable than before!

Ya, I had Greece get the Statue of Liberty in 1525! They were an absolute monster in this game. I've also seen Rome and Persia do the same at least once.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8452170&postcount=23

P.S.-screenshot in link

Top Bottom