v19 bugs and crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experience points seem to be a bit next to the values they should be.

Three examples:
Destroyer - has 110, should have 36
P_51, Bomber - each has 38, each should have 23

Not only that but the Venetian Arsenal should not be giving any points because it should be obsolete!

Looks like if cultural borders expand and a barbarian animal happens to get "caught" in the expansion, it basically becomes frozen. I assume because it evaluates each surrounding tile as impassable.

Looks like if cultural borders expand and a barbarian animal happens to get "caught" in the expansion, it basically becomes frozen. I assume because it evaluates each surrounding tile as impassable.

If it is land based it will get ejected to the nearest available plot. Ocean based ones don't they stay stuck.

If it is land based it will get ejected to the nearest available plot. Ocean based ones don't they stay stuck.

Was that a VERY recent change? In the game I started the other day, a barbarian bear got stuck.

Attachments

• Eldrin Stuck Animal w Borders Expansion.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
Was that a VERY recent change? In the game I started the other day, a barbarian bear got stuck.

They still get stuck AFAIK (did for me a week ago). Not a major problem though (i.e. - not terribly urgent to address)

Idk if you fixed it, but in v18 you can research ecology in industrial age. Iirc right after industrialization.

CTD I am getting a repeatable CTD 3 times in a row ;). Save below. Just say yes to firs request, ask Ghandi what will make the trade work. Build anything in the two cities. Select open boarders or none from the Apos Palace vote. Then it crashes. On the second try there was no text in the buttons for the vote.
Unfortunately it seems like the problem has already happened in the savegame. It has a huge negative number for a vector size for the Apos Palace vote selections. This likely means memory corruption (as this size is written directly from the size method of a STL vector).
The reason could be anything. Do you have any savegames in the previous turn?

I had the Great Wall when I got that problem. It throw all barbarian units out!

Unfortunately it seems like the problem has already happened in the savegame. It has a huge negative number for a vector size for the Apos Palace vote selections. This likely means memory corruption (as this size is written directly from the size method of a STL vector).
The reason could be anything. Do you have any savegames in the previous turn?

Which probably explains why when I went back 3 saves I could play through. Unfortunately acidentaly I wrote over those saves when testing something else.

@AIAndy The old units showing up in the build queue is happening for all start of upgrade paths units! As I force one obsolete the next one up the path is appearing. This is new behaviour with the sort/filter stuff.
The sort/filter stuff uses the old code in canTrain for that. So can't really be new behavior.
As far as I can tell the code only checks the next upgrades and not further. So if for some reason one of those cannot be built any more, even by being forced obsolete, it will be shown.
Searching the entire upgrade tree is too expensive.
I am not sure I want to change anything about that function so short before release.

The sort/filter stuff uses the old code in canTrain for that. So can't really be new behavior.
As far as I can tell the code only checks the next upgrades and not further. So if for some reason one of those cannot be built any more, even by being forced obsolete, it will be shown.
Searching the entire upgrade tree is too expensive.
I am not sure I want to change anything about that function so short before release.

The problem is that if I force obsolete A then B shows up. Where A -> B. Example when you can get the 4th in the town guard series the first also shows in the list ie Town Watchman but Guard does not. If I force obsolete Town Watchman, which I have, then Guard does show up.:confused:

Also Knight of Ra upgrades to Cussaire but as soon as you get access to Cavalry it appears again. This sort of behaviour did not happen in standard BtS. Or some earlier versions of C2C so something must have changed.

The problem is that if I force obsolete A then B shows up. Where A -> B. Example when you can get the 4th in the town guard series the first also shows in the list ie Town Watchman but Guard does not. If I force obsolete Town Watchman, which I have, then Guard does show up.:confused:

Also Knight of Ra upgrades to Cussaire but as soon as you get access to Cavalry it appears again. This sort of behaviour did not happen in standard BtS. Or some earlier versions of C2C so something must have changed.
I think the change in behavior might be due to a change to AllUpgradesAvailable that Koshling did some time ago.
It used to do a recursive check which inverted the search order so it searched at the end of the upgrade path of a unit first. Of course that is quite inefficient and I am reluctant to put in the old version again.
But it might fix the issue.

@DH: I reverted the implementation of AllUpgradesAvailable to an old version for now. Please check if it does what it should and especially if it fixes the issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom