v19 bugs and crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to keep reposting this (I think this is the right thread though) but this essentially makes the game unplayable for me :( (thread link)

And looking at Thunderbird and BlueGenie's posts following that, it would sem it scuttles the AI civs in a major way too... Just got my Iron Axeman upgrade and I have a stack of 98 Axemen called "Axeman 4 (Delhi)" running around the map :( And it doesn't help my treasury AT ALL!

Again I'm sorry for being a pest, an acknowledgement would atleast put my mind to ease :)

I'm sorry to keep reposting this (I think this is the right thread though) but this essentially makes the game unplayable for me :( (thread link)

And looking at Thunderbird and BlueGenie's posts following that, it would sem it scuttles the AI civs in a major way too... Just got my Iron Axeman upgrade and I have a stack of 98 Axemen called "Axeman 4 (Delhi)" running around the map :( And it doesn't help my treasury AT ALL!

Again I'm sorry for being a pest, an acknowledgement would atleast put my mind to ease :)

the problem is that both the people that could figure out what may be happening are away at the moment.

I found a heavy inconsistence in the Resource Numbers in the City view betwean right screen and the mouse over.
The Picture shows Deer 16 in the left and Mouse Over only 8.
There more (second is Mous over) I.e. Baskets with 18 /14 , Common Clay with 17/13 ect.
Just to mention I only have 15 Citys at all so I suspect the Mouse over is right and the right view broken.

Edit: Its just a single City as fare I have seen, so can this the effect from a Wonder?

Attachments

• Resources.jpg
    Resources.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 66
I found a heavy inconsistence in the Resource Numbers in the City view betwean right screen and the mouse over.
The Picture shows Deer 16 in the left and Mouse Over only 8.
There more (second is Mous over) I.e. Baskets with 18 /14 , Common Clay with 17/13 ect.
Just to mention I only have 15 Citys at all so I suspect the Mouse over is right and the right view broken.

Koshling suggested something similar.

While deer is a map and manufactured resource so can easily be greater than the number of cities you have; the others you mention are manufactured so should max out at the number of cities you have. Although now that you can trade them that may not be true either.;)

As Mentioned in the Edit its just one City I have this. Also there is curent no Trade established to a other Empier. The City in Question is my City for Great Engineer Wonders and is one of the citys I have build and not conquered.

the problem is that both the people that could figure out what may be happening are away at the moment.
Fair enough :) I'll wait... Sorry if I came off as a jerk about this (felt like it was a problem at my end which was something so obvious to fix that everyone kept ignoring me)

Note to previous posts about CTDs; once I got out of Ancient Era I have Not had a single CTD. Current game year is 1710 AD on Epic game speed.

So something in the Pre and Ancient Eras has a problem. And being Non repeatable are in all probability Graphic in origin. Although spawn may still be an issue too.

JosEPh

Dont know if i already reported this or not but Rev has another python error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BugEventManager", line 363, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "Revolution", line 565, in onBeginPlayerTurn
File "Revolution", line 652, in checkForRevReinforcement
File "Revolution", line 952, in doRevReinforcement
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for -: 'int' and 'NoneType'

Note to previous posts about CTDs; once I got out of Ancient Era I have Not had a single CTD. Current game year is 1710 AD on Epic game speed.

So something in the Pre and Ancient Eras has a problem. And being Non repeatable are in all probability Graphic in origin. Although spawn may still be an issue too.

JosEPh

I actually didn't crash at ALL until I got into Classical, then I had 1 crash, but not repeatable. (Believe it was when I discovered Currency)

And I'm playing on a Giant map with Raging Barbs, so I have double the normal animals running around.

Started a new game with graphics settings reduced to Medium from High. 1st CTD occurred ~10800BC. Other game by that date I had already had 5-6.

There is still a problem with zooming out to planet view. It will CTD right before you reach that level. Someone else has mentioned this too.

Found the problem it was the subdued mackerel causing the problem.
The mackerel just didn't like becoming Sardines in the can! :lol: :mischief:
JosEPh

This is Suryavarman's Khmer capital - apparently they discovered cloaking devices :D

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    236.5 KB · Views: 107
Very nice, which one is it? There is also a religious wonder with the same problem that I am trying to track down.;)

Edit, I think the pink is the Poultry farm build by subdued ducks and pheasants. I'll look into it in the morning.

Dont know, now that the buildings are in alphabetical order i have no idea how to track it down?

I would think that having an improvement take 180 turns (Eternity) to become the next step while pillaging it away and building the next step in line only takes 26 turns (with single Gatherer without all the +worker%) is a pretty big bug. Should really never be easier/faster to destroy and rebuild from scratch than to upgrade an existing building. If that should be the case then maybe at least reduce 180 turns to 60 turns or increase build times by at least 2x, even 4x works (remember most players use multiple worker units to get results faster), or some combo/part of one or both. Even making them like Cottages and you can't build the upgrade would work.

I've noticed this before with Mines to Shaft Mines, it's skewered the same way there.

Cheers

EDIT: Pillaging Scavenging Camp and building Camp took 6 turns instead of waiting 180 turns for it to self upgrade.

Cheers2

I would think that having an improvement take 180 turns (Eternity) to become the next step while pillaging it away and building the next step in line only takes 26 turns (with single Gatherer without all the +worker%) is a pretty big bug. Should really never be easier/faster to destroy and rebuild from scratch than to upgrade an existing building. If that should be the case then maybe at least reduce 180 turns to 60 turns or increase build times by at least 2x, even 4x works (remember most players use multiple worker units to get results faster), or some combo/part of one or both. Even making them like Cottages and you can't build the upgrade would work.

I've noticed this before with Mines to Shaft Mines, it's skewered the same way there.

Cheers

EDIT: Pillaging Scavenging Camp and building Camp took 6 turns instead of waiting 180 turns for it to self upgrade.

Cheers2

Good feedback. I just used the shaft mine as my basis for the numbers. The number I have in the XML is 20 which becomes 180 when adjusted for game speed and map size. I'll try dividing by 3 or 4 to see if that is better.

I also agree that some of the improvements need to be made longer to build especially as now the workers upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom