1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v22 bugs and crashes

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by strategyonly, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

2. BlueGenie

BlueGenie Emperor

Used my first unit, Band of Homo Sapience, to add research points.
    With the last SVN (2485) the game crashes when loading the save, so don't even get that far.

Also, not sure if this is a Nomad bug or a Hot Seat bug.

Cheers

EDIT: New, or same, bug in this save, also Nomad game but Single player this time, testing it out for you guys, rev 2485:
    Every time I move the last unit, anywhere (in this save my last Wanderer to rest of group), I get a CTD.

There's also a problem with animals and Nomad game when playing on Eternity. Once animals start spawning there's just too many of them in comparison to how far one has come in research and what units one is able to build, or rather I don't have enough units to be able to win enough fights against them. This is made worse with the problem of not being able to stay put and fortify in a good defensive spot as to get anywhere on Nomad start one really has to keep moving, and moving ,and moving.

Is settling going to be disabled once Nomad is finished? Right now the Mercy Rule kicks in from turn one if playing against a single AI as there are NO points at all while being a Nomad.

Cheers

Edit again, forgot to check for Mini Dump. Got one this time.

Cheers

3. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Pink tech buttons for Cosmology, Megacorporations and Molecular Biology.

4. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Yeah i forgot to SVN, been having problem with it lately, boy am i glad i keep/got 2 copies of the SVN in different folders:whew::whew: One went to pot:sad:

5. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

CTD, twice. Then it would not let me reload it without dropping my graphics to the lowest settings. Even then it CTDs ;) Just skip or put the scout on heal.

6. strategyonly

HUH, worked fine for me, i took it 2 more turns with most current SVN?? Try this, i also have my PC set on HIGH graphics and no hiccups, but what do you have your games graphics options set on, mine is at the attached?? Works almost perfectly every game this way!!;)

7. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Screen resolution the same as yours but graphics on lowest because it wont load. I had to defrag my hard disk as everything was getting very slow so maybe something got corrupted. I will try again tomorrow from the SVN.

8. strategyonly

OK do this for me, in the command prompt in the start button (right where it says search programs and files) , type in dxdiag, then go to the top of that pop-up and select it, and send me a copy of what it says, there is a save area there.

9. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

DxDiag.txt as requested.

10. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Fixed this one. You somehow have a bunch of dead-but-not-yet-deleted units in the save, and it trips over them when it loads up. I'm not sure how it happened, but anyway, it copes now. Current SVN should work.

Still can't load your multi-player save - as far as I can tell it's just corrupt.

11. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

This save is working fine for me (played 5 turns from it without issue). This is with the CTD fix from Blue Genie's issue however, so it's possible you were tripping over the same thing (try latest SVN and see if it helps)

12. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I had just upgraded to the latest SVN to try. However, I deleted my work copy and recopied from the SVN and it all works now. So it sounds like some corruption from when I did the defrag.

13. strategyonly

Yeah i looked at your stats and they aren't that bad, but still not that good either, no offense. Pretty old PC. Your really pushing it in the memory department, just barely over 3GB, just because you have just barely over the limit doesn't mean it wont take from the physical memory also, and thats what is really straining your PC, IMO. I would like to see the page file doubled, but on a regular 32 bit, its ok the way you have it.
    Your graphics card is definitely in need of an upgrade, but rather than that, a new PC would be in order, no offense again: This is really really really pushing the limits here.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-9600-gt,1780-3.html

But be it as it may, you can only do with what you have, i understand that, and cost is a real understanding. Thats why when i buy i only buy the :Tower" and nothing else extra, cause thats where they get you. My last tower i bought alone was $1500.:eek:

I am currently looking at another tower at around $3000 alone:eek::eek: But alas thats just a dream.:drool:

14. strategyonly

MODDERS:

The freeze is now on, reports of bugs/crashes should be it or minor tweaks, thx.

15. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Why not build your own tower? Look for combo deals on Mobo and Cpu, Tower and PS, Video card and ram. This rig I use and have posted about I built in march 09. With a new OS included the complete tower cost me $750. I've been keeping an eye out on Newegg and I can build a new one for almost the same price and that would be with an i5 on a gigabyte dual bios mobo, 8GB of DDR3 1666 ram, 1 TB HD Western Didital, HD 7000 series vid card, and 650W PS. Adding an i7 would cost about ~$100 more. Would use 7 64 OS.

JosEPh

16. Acularius

Acularius King

SVN version 2499

My save game now refuses to load and causes a CTD when it begins 'load' the save game.

I'll try again, but I think I'll have to give up on this game. :(

China was doing so well, although starting to come apart, whether temporary or not remains to be seen.

Okay, well I can't seem to start ANY game, custom or load a save game.

Attached Files:

17. strategyonly

EDIT: Was getting CTD when loading, thats the minidump. Again one SVN CTD the other works, i am so glad i keep 2 copies of the SVN:whew:

EDIT EDIT: When loading now i get this error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "BugInit", line 93, in callInits
    File "UnitUtil", line 73, in init
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getDescription'

18. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

Huh, loads fine for me. :confused:

19. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

At a guess this has to do with unit naming which I have turned off and the new diplomat units which no one can build yet. ;) I am just doing a clean update to the freeze version of v23 so I have the same base line to work from as you while doing the freeze testing and fixes. Also that way I am not tempted to sneak in anything new.:mischief:

20. strategyonly

ahahha, your a true Mate.;) Sorry about RL.:(