1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v22 bugs and crashes

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by strategyonly, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

CTD on load with SVN 2499. Classic missing art type of CTD so everyone who has moved art will need to check that they did it right.

2. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

SVN 2499 loads perfectly for me, I moved my art this afternoon, but it isn't causing me problems.:confused:

3. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

If i get my lazy butt to finish them I may post the 20 culture wonders I have been dragging my heels to do. They are partially done and should not drastically chnage anything if added during the freeze. However its more likely i will get done with it right after the freeze at the rate I am going. I really hate making them, yet I love having them in game.

4. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

If it is loading perfectly for you and not for me then our versions are not the same. As I said, I renamed my current working version and copied the SVN into a new working version. It is failing so SVN 2499 is failing with a missing graphics related problem.

Can you, just to be sure, do the same. Ie start with a clean SVN 2499? If it fails but your other one works you will be in an ideal situation to identify what is different and thus causing the problem.

5. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

I know that I have 2499 because I did a clean export this evening after moving my art, and the timestamp on the DLL matches that of the 2499 DLL in my repository. I'm going to be away from my civ computer for a while, so I can't really run further tests atm.

6. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I did the old "clear the cache" and now I got to the main screen but it then fails when I try and load a game. I will try a start new a bit later.

7. Acularius

Acularius King

I decided to update to the 2494 revision and every works again, and if I remember correctly this was what I was playing on earlier anyhow.

Once I updated to 2495, I encounter the same problems and the game crashes upon loading the game.

So I'm going to go out on a limb and say it links to the 2495+ revisions... but that's just me. :/

8. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

EDIT: I think i might know where its messing up, with the units that you just put into the core, you left the ART folder in the modules folders, and it picking it up as NO ART, so PLS delete all the ART folders that are empty there thx.

EDIT EDIT: Didnt help the CTD but the Art folder should not be there anyways by itself.

9. c_bra

c_bra Chieftain

My most recent game seems to be crashing at the end of turn. Usually when I get a crash, the game exits and I get a windows prompt that the program has stopped working. Instead with this problem, when I end my turn the game waits a few seconds and then just returns to windows with no prompt or anything reporting an error. When I view the windows event viewer, I see it shows an error and states that civ4beyondsword.exe stopped interacting with windows and was closed.

Not sure what is causing this? Would it help to include a game save file?

10. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I always go for the three time rule. If the CTD happens in the same place three times in a row then we have probably a problem that the modders can track down and fix. Post the save game and the MiniDump.dmp file from the Byond the Sword folder containing the mods/caveman2cosmos folder. You will need to compress the latter since it is not an approved file type. Also state which version of C2C you are using. Downloaded v22 or latest SVN vesion or latest patched version.

11. Sgtslick

Sgtslick Emperor

I have this crash too, can't load my game(s) or else it will CTD

Anyway to get around this? I want to play :(

12. Talin2009

Talin2009 King

I always keep previous version folder - i rename it before exporting new version. For such cases with bugs.

So i just reverted to previous version and everything works fine.

13. Sgtslick

Sgtslick Emperor

show log > right click > revert revision : im gonna try and just revert 2498

14. Acularius

Acularius King

I recommend 2494.

15. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I have removed everything from Barbarian Diplomacy except the tech and building stuff which has been there for awhile. I can at least load a game now.

16. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

So the problems weren't related to my art?

17. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I did not have the problems until after you moved your art. Which means there may be a conflict between the two somewhere. However, I can now play using the proposed v23 release.

18. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

OK, well I deleted the old art folders SO mentioned in a previous post, but I don't think they were contributing to the problem. Anyway, it apparently works now, so that is at least good.

19. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

It could be that we just happened to call an art define by the same name for example. It would also explain why one of my units has become "female" ie an optional replacement for a male unit.

20. Acularius

Acularius King

I don't think it was LS612's changes because I think his were in the 2496 revision, and I only began encountering problems when using 2495. (Granted, using any version past 2495 would still have problems.)