V24 Bugs/crashes reporting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koshling, your latest fix has resolved my problems. Great work, once again. :)

Black terrain is gone (for me) with the current SVN. BTW, excellent work, this is a stable, quick, well thought out mod!

2 small things:

- murex has a pink symbol on the map (the round one)
- missing/wrong texts in Technology Advisor: "TXT_KEY_TECH_INTELLIGENTPAVEMENT", "TXT_KEY_GPS3"

@Koshling, while testing I went into worldbuilder and back out. When I came back out the whole map was still reveled. Saving and reloading fixed the problem.

Black terrain is gone (for me) with the current SVN. BTW, excellent work, this is a stable, quick, well thought out mod!

2 small things:

- murex has a pink symbol on the map (the round one)
- missing/wrong texts in Technology Advisor: "TXT_KEY_TECH_INTELLIGENTPAVEMENT", "TXT_KEY_GPS3"

I think I have found the problem with that murex button and will update the SVN in the morning.

G'night all.

@DH

DH, you remember me?
About a month ago i posted in the main thread about how i never ever get even a single revolution in my C2C game since about ver19 or so. Then you suggested that i might miss a file that disabled the rev part (even though the guevara's head is in the game). And when i checked out, it turns out to be true. Sorry, the post is buried quite deep i can't find it :(

The problem here, im playing with ver 24 (and latest patch) for bout 3 weeks, on a deity difficulty and huge map, running on about 900 turns with NO single rev happening. Can you pointed out what file was it that i might losing so i can check it once again to be sure of :confused:.

I'm quite baffled because i have constantly play since ver19 (i can assure you that i always deleted the old ver before extracting the new) and the same problem persists. If that problem was indeed caused by the missing file and the missing file was indeed caused by download problem, what a bad luck do i'm having, for suffering a 5/6 straight bad download, resulting in a 5/6 straight similar problem do to the same missing file which i'm always somehow, miss :confused::confused::confused:

Any thought on what is happening to my games/ :confused:

New bug: if you place a sign on the map (Alt+S), the sign is getting erased on saving. Event signs are not getting erased. I am using the latest SVN.

Still seeing halos on the latest SVN, in area that was unexplored before I upgraded (I thought there were some SVN changes to address this). My Caravel/Carrack fleet has been busy exploring the oceans and hunting sea animals (sea animals + Barbarian Generals + first to Optics + large fleet = great for GG points).

View attachment 327308

Is there a way to force a complete refresh/redraw of the map?

Funny thing happens with this save when I do the following:

• Enter the city screen of Thebes
  • Press ctrl a and try to delete the Aerodrome
  • Wait for a number of minutes when you think that the game freezes
  • Observe that Thebes has been wiped off the map just leaving city ruins!

BTW, I wanted to delete the Aerodrome as air pollution is really a hazzle in the game. I built everything I could to reduce it and already deleted a number of buildings but it is still higher than 700. I´d love to see more options to reduce pollution, e.g. by more buildings/wonders or by civics.

Still seeing halos on the latest SVN, in area that was unexplored before I upgraded (I thought there were some SVN changes to address this). My Caravel/Carrack fleet has been busy exploring the oceans and hunting sea animals (sea animals + Barbarian Generals + first to Optics + large fleet = great for GG points).

View attachment 327308

Is there a way to force a complete refresh/redraw of the map?

If it persists across a save and reload it's not a display problem, it's that something has caused those tiles to be marked as revealed. We'd need save of thr turn in which that happens (reproducibly) to track it really.

If it persists across a save and reload it's not a display problem, it's that something has caused those tiles to be marked as revealed. We'd need save of thr turn in which that happens (reproducibly) to track it really.

I've been able to reproduce the effect on this save game. The active unit should be a Caravel. Oddly enough, the Caravel doesn't come up as active on loading the game even though it has not yet moved, but if you left-click on the Caravel, the Caravel will be activated. If you move the Caravel due west, it will leave behind a halo in the outer ring of squares that were visible to it before moving.

@DH

DH, you remember me?
About a month ago i posted in the main thread about how i never ever get even a single revolution in my C2C game since about ver19 or so. Then you suggested that i might miss a file that disabled the rev part (even though the guevara's head is in the game). And when i checked out, it turns out to be true. Sorry, the post is buried quite deep i can't find it :(

The problem here, im playing with ver 24 (and latest patch) for bout 3 weeks, on a deity difficulty and huge map, running on about 900 turns with NO single rev happening. Can you pointed out what file was it that i might losing so i can check it once again to be sure of :confused:.

I'm quite baffled because i have constantly play since ver19 (i can assure you that i always deleted the old ver before extracting the new) and the same problem persists. If that problem was indeed caused by the missing file and the missing file was indeed caused by download problem, what a bad luck do i'm having, for suffering a 5/6 straight bad download, resulting in a 5/6 straight similar problem do to the same missing file which i'm always somehow, miss :confused::confused::confused:

Any thought on what is happening to my games/ :confused:

I could not find your original post or my response either. So I'll ask the basic question - do you have Revolutions turned on? I.E. When you set up the game did you set the option in Custom Options? The option is actually "No Revolutions" so you need to turn that off.

I have been testing on Noble difficulty snail - the AI gets plenty of revolutions and a couple of my cities have gotten close to revolting.

Is it intentional that Deganawida still has the animated leaderhead while all the other leaders I have seen so far have the static image?

@Koshling further to this, full map revealed after exit worldbuilder, I did get a Python error message but it did not stop play.
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 580, in WorldBuilderExitCB

File "CvWorldBuilderScreen", line 2337, in Exit

MemoryError
ERR: Python function WorldBuilderExitCB failed, module CvScreensInterface

Is it intentional that Deganawida still has the animated leaderhead while all the other leaders I have seen so far have the static image?

Right now, i was far to sick lately to do almost anything the last couple of months, and still recouping, i have another modder now that will take over making ALL animated to static LH's, thx for asking. Infact he just agreed to it today!!:)

Right now, i was far to sick lately to do almost anything the last couple of months, and still recouping, i have another modder now that will take over making ALL animated to static LH's, thx for asking. Infact he just agreed to it today!!:)

Who made the Mexican LH's? Whomever did them forgot to account for the fact that still images get squashed when made into leaderheads. Thus the Mexican leaderhead has a very distorted image. It needs to be fixed.

@strategyonly

Ok I looked over all the leaderheads ...

2D Distorted Images
- Cochise
- David
- Hidalgo (its really distorted)
- Little Crow

One that are Still Animated
- Curtin
- Degnnawida
- Garibaldi
- Jean
- King
- Lorenzo
- MacDonald
- Menelik II
- Modu
- Mongkut
- Mussolini
- Ramkhamhaeng
- Shaybani
- Sobieski
- Solomon
- Suppiluliuma
- Vitlorio

Please have these fixed and/or converted.

I could not find your original post or my response either. So I'll ask the basic question - do you have Revolutions turned on? I.E. When you set up the game did you set the option in Custom Options? The option is actually "No Revolutions" so you need to turn that off.

I have been testing on Noble difficulty snail - the AI gets plenty of revolutions and a couple of my cities have gotten close to revolting.
Yes i do.
The rev is on, the guevara icon is there, the rev overview is working (at least it's showing rev status in my cities and the empire as general).
But i find it quite unlikely that in my huge deity game, i've been trough 'bout 900 turns with no rev ever happening.
I never get even a rev warning in my empire, neither do i see any rev happening abroad :confused:

It is a similar (in any way) problem with what i had reported on 23, which by following your suggestion we had noticed that there was a missing file (rev related) which i don't have (which strangely, after an entirely fresh installment of the newest ver of the mod, still seems missing). I just remember that you mention about few other peoples who's missing that file and suggested me to check whether the file is there or not. It wasn't.

I could not think of any possible explanation. But just to make sure that i'm downloading the "right" download, could you spare me the download link of the mod ver you're using right now? Just to be sure that i have same basic setup with you.

I can only point you to the SVN version. The one I have has a whole lot of extra stuff some of which is not working yet (Mars terrain, new resources and animals, new diplomacy and changes to capturing slaves.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom