1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

V24 initial observations

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by Koshling, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

If you keep that tool limited to extracting only a few tags at a time, I think it could be far more useful to you than it was to me. I made the mistake of trying to get it to get EVERYTHING at once and got overly frustrated with it. You'll also find the tool has a neat byproduct of being an incidental debugging tool as well, finding some xml errors (duplications that shouldn't exist etc...) that aren't critical but can create some odd game effects. If you see what I mean, don't be afraid to bring up what you've found. (but we should move this discussion to another thread so that we don't keep hijacking the point it was originated for. ;) ) Thanks again for your help!

2. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

You didn't change the iWeight of the volcano event that is the issue here but instead changed the weight of the vanilla volcano event.
    The culprit is in Ori's module folder.

Changing the chance there might not do much though as the main problem with early events is that there are very few events at that time and the iWeight is a relative chance. So if the game decides you will get an event now and there are for example only 4 events possible in the early time then the volcano one will be choosen very often (and on the other hand very rarely late in game when there are a lot of different possible events).

3. Sarah Starlight

Sarah Starlight Chieftain

4. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Thats nice and all but it needs to be by the author of what was submitted also, see post # 6 C2C Main page.

5. Actuarian

Actuarian Warlord

What file is it in? Which event is it? Can I set the iWeight to zero to effectively turn it off?

Is there any chance of removing this event for everyone until the issue is resolved? This is a real show stopper.

6. jmmendesp

jmmendesp Warlord

Speaking of not derailing the thread, I went ahead and created a thread for the project.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=11638922#post11638922

7. anunknownman

anunknownman Warlord

well, my observation is that there are many new techs that have nothing to give you so there isn't alot of point in investing in them aside from unlocking better techs....

i will get working on that soon
    @all modders
    btw, when exactly can i start modding in the svn itself???? i mean i have done a bit of work and would like a permit to bring'em in...

8. strategyonly

Well this is how it works in C2C, you first have to have a mentor, whom can monitor YOUR stuff you want to do, then about 3-4 weeks later THEY will determine if your a fit for C2C or not, because ALOT of people ask, then they see how hard it actually is to mod and give up, just like i had one over 2 months ago, saying he wanted to do the new civs for C2C, well i gave him 1 civ to do in a week, and it took him 2 weeks, then i gave him another one and its been over 2 months, i have PM'ed him about three times and asked him in post, but no responses so, all i can say is adios.

9. anunknownman

anunknownman Warlord

ok i see, so i will be paitient and take my time, but to be honest i don't find modding techs and buildings so far i mean it's not the most fun thing in the world but i thought it would be as hard as hell!!!:evil: but i do want to get to mod events and resources
    so that might be hard, and not to mention i will get a few days without modding becuse of my theory driving test :sad:

10. strategyonly

I hear ya, event are not a specialty of mine either, and even hard is quests, MAN what a job there is to do on them:whew:

I wish we had a person that could do about 50 quests, it would make this mod way better than it already is, i like quests.

11. CiverDan

CiverDan Warlord

You have 10 MB file size without MAF problems? What do you have for a machine? I get MAF issues above 1.8 MB on a 4 GB machine w/Windows 7.

12. KingArthur666

KingArthur666 Warlord

I'm surprised you can play this mod on a 4 GB machine. I've got an 8 GB Win 7x64 machine and I can barely play it. My current game the latest save is 3.6 MB. I usually get wiped out by the AI, or totally overrun the AI. In that case I often get bored and start a new game. This game is going pretty good. I'm crushing my neighbors, only two left (and neither can compete), but there are still "unknown" civs beating me to techs and wonders, so there is competition to be found. It's taking forever to get ocean going ships though.

13. strategyonly

I agree here, dont you hate that, i do!!:help:

14. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Ori is the person to talk to about mentoring for events. If he is not available then perhaps I can help as I have been doing simple event stuff for unit missions. For resources probably me (map) or Hydro (manufactured). I am more than willing to let someone else work on the balance for placement of map resources.

15. anunknownman

anunknownman Warlord

well i actually want to work on manufacured resources rather than mapped ones so i think i will learn on that, but i haven't seen him for a while so maybe he is busy in RL but i found a guide that looks promising instead.

16. Sgtslick

Sgtslick Emperor

It'd be cool if coastal ships got an 'ocean' promotion after 3 promotions or something, but even then you could have like a 40% they they would die if they ended the turn on ocean tile.

17. KingArthur666

KingArthur666 Warlord

Three promotions is not nearly enough for such a powerful advancement; eight or nine would be better. Maybe, if it was 100% death if ending turn in ocean tile, but then I seem to recall the AI having difficulty dealing with such things.
    My capital churns out level five units every turn. Slaver's Bay, while only cranking out level four units can crank out multiple units every turn (depending on unit cost, two expensive units or 5-6 cheap ones.)

18. draz

draz Warlord

Is scientific trait being phased out, or is Mansa Musa just that special and awesome? :D

19. strategyonly

There is a NEW mod that lets you use ships on RIVERS, but i can do C++ or python, so either Koshling or AIAndy, will have to look into it.

20. LumenAngel

LumenAngel King

Maybe luck, but no volcano for me...
    Just 8 mammoths near my capital and my 2nd city as events...

Yes, AI never hunt, but that is not really new.

Crusader and Spartacus are stille OP (and Spartacus can be put in a boat able to transport only civilians... Get him with a great commander and enjoy your fast attack over ocean...)

The really strange part was, at ~1000 BC, I was in Industrial era, another AI (Gigamesh) too... And all the others was still minor or at ancient era!
    OK, I hunt really fast, i was able to have a tribe at turn 18 (in a village), but it was fast for industrial era... And same for the other AI...